The Table doesn't lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only 5 points off the play-offs? Bollocks.

Five points of an increasingly isolated sixth spot more like.The places above are much harder to aspire to.

Forest have four games in hand and a better goal difference and all our 'rivals' for a play-off spot also have games in hand and superior goal difference.

The abyssmal away performances are killing confidence and our recentley lauded 'form ' is now shite.

Sort it out Sven, we are fast losing ground, it may already be too late.

And I'm an optimist... :icon_sad:

Things are not good at the moment. Sven is the best manager in this league. He has money to spend. Let us wait until May (or when play off spot mathematically not possible) before displaying such optimism again. :icon_bigg

If you're not going to finish in the top two, then sixth is as good as any other position - so we are actually five points off the play offs

You get nowt for finishing third

It's not the fact that we're only 5 points off the play-off places, it's the fact that there are ten teams between us and the play-offs.

From the Post Match Thread

Yes, 5 points, but 11 places and with the exception of Chaventry, most of the teams above us have at least 2 games in hand.

We are 6 points from the drop zone and 5 places. All of the teams below us have games in hand.

So no, nothing is over, but with the away form the way it is, it's a huge mountain to climb.

It's not the fact that we're only 5 points off the play-off places, it's the fact that there are ten teams between us and the play-offs.

Exactly, as Homer correctly points out 6th is as good as 3rd but the chasing pack is half the table and all have superior games in hand and/or goal difference.

Unfortunately the holiday period has not done us any great favours even if other results could have widened the gap further. I have every faith in Sven but as we all know we desperately need to improve key positions in the team.

A reliable keeper, more aggression in midfield and a proven striker are desperately needed in the January sales. Sven has worked historically with a consistent spine to his team and we just haven't got that today.

My hips don't lie.

A small run, say 3 wins on the trot, and we'll look in contention... It's not a million miles awya

The issues lie with the unbelieveably poor start under Sousa 5pts from 9 games was a shocking return and initially Svn has done reasonably well in turning the tide and that has been with significant restriction within the transfer market, in reality 21 points from 14 games is a dramatic improvement, however we do appear to have hit a poor run of form which was always going to be inevitable.

I am pretty sure Sven would prefer the opportunity to bring players in on permanent deals as oppose to a mass influx of loanees and unattached players but he needed to do something to get things moving and aside from the run of 4 points from the last 5 games he achieved that, what is clear is now Sven needs to inject fresh impetus and start to build longer term foundations by bringing in better quality players on permanent deals. I have every faith that this transfer window will see considerable changes made for the better and the dawn of another improved run under arguably the highest profile and most talented manager at this level. Some paitence is required, following Sousa's disastrous reign we were heading for the drop, on the whole we have managed to claw ourselves away and in a position to push on in the new year.

it may be 5 pts but there is a lot of teams between us and the playoffs, so its not just making up 5 on 6th it is also scoring more pts than all the teams above us and also we have played more games. Before the last 3 games we looked like to be getting there but now its clear it would be somewhat a miracle although possible.

sven seemed to turn us the corner but his kirkland move has upset things.

sven seemed to turn us the corner but his kirkland move has upset things.

Feckin hell, let's lynch the bloke shall we?:102:

That has got to be up there with the biggest over reaction since swine flu was gonna decimate the world!

The major problem is attitude, not so much personnel. Bar the lack of a goalscorer, it's mistakes being made and mostly poor marking. The division is rather simple, I have yet to see a team full of quality who can break a team down with their own invention. Every team has been full of hard graft and then take the opportunities presented to them.

Personally I believe within the six loanees you have a mixture of clearly doesn't want to be here, overconfidence and naivety.

To top it off, you have no natural leader (how Bednar managed to play yesterday without a single City player bollocking him I'll never know) and players awaiting for January for either moves out or players who are awaiting to play alongside 'better' players.

It's all up in the head and has been since the first day of pre-season. What I see are a bunch of players who will never do any better than last season unless they start to show some 'umph'.

I have seen all the goals conceded and he had poor positioning and reaction, not to mention the defense isnt playing as fluent. The affect on the team is similiar to when berner wasnt playing last season.

The defense for kirkland seems to be because he has played for england he must be a great keeper. Thats history.

Weale has always been more than good enough for this league. Logan has always been good enough to be his deputy. If Sven needs another keeper, it should be one good enough to play in the Prem. Kirkland has shown no signs yet of being that keeper.

We need to sort the defence out, until we start keeping clean sheets more regularly at home & away we will never climb the league. We need a 'bully' type center back not a Davies or a Woodgate (should it ever come to it).

I'd love nothing more than a run of 2 or 3 1-0 wins to just start us heading in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669