The Table doesn't lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty bored with people saying we are challengers one week when we pull off a great win, and bums destined for relegation when we lose the next game.

It isn't odd to have a great season off the back of promotion, just as it isn't odd to have a difficult season following that. The hard thing to do is to adapt and adjust to that. We have not been helped by having a very poor manager in Sousa, but that is done now and Sven will get it right.

I just hope that the very young inexperienced board we have can appreciate that. If they can't I very much fear for Leicester City Football Club, and so should we all.

I'm pretty bored with people saying we are challengers one week when we pull off a great win, and bums destined for relegation when we lose the next game.

That's the trouble with this season's table being so tight, I guess. It's bound to rattle those more prone to it.

That's the trouble with this season's table being so tight, I guess. It's bound to rattle those more prone to it.

Yeah but let's not be Australian about it. Turn up and give them the best support we can give. They will come good. Overreaction (good or bad) counts for nothing.

Last edited:
I bet they can defend better than our center halves too..

I would but I'm scared of being shot down :(

may as well play this one

=========webbo========

mad biker===dunc==steven==lazzer

scowy===scarby==mk===malf

=====teeno=====tricky

subs
ashov, joe, billy, samlj

physio
yorkshire vixen with the magic sponge

We need to sort the defence out, until we start keeping clean sheets more regularly at home & away we will never climb the league. We need a 'bully' type center back not a Davies or a Woodgate (should it ever come to it).

I'd love nothing more than a run of 2 or 3 1-0 wins to just start us heading in the right direction.

I don't care if we ever keep a clean sheet again, provided we win every game 2-1 or 3-2 and so on. If we get our strikers firing, or buy some in who can, then as long as we can score more goals than our opponents, who cares?! :icon_bigg:icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Things are not good at the moment. Sven is the best manager in this league. He has money to spend. Let us wait until May (or when play off spot mathematically not possible) before displaying such optimism again. :icon_bigg

A rather debateable point that Sven is the best manager in this league!

Things are not good at the moment. Sven is the best manager in this league. He has money to spend. Let us wait until May (or when play off spot mathematically not possible) before displaying such optimism again. :icon_bigg

Sorry to upset people - but the assertions that Sven is "the best manager in this league" are highly suspect.

Sven has the most impressive c.v. of any manager in this league - of course he has - but that is not the same as being "the best manager".

The best manager in this league will be the one that has the most effective methods of getting us upwards abd out of this league. Are they the same methods as those needed to manage a major international team? Not necessarily.

I actually think that Sven will be on a learning curve in the 'Championship' - given the dreadful start to the season and all the obviouis individual and collective weaknesses that need to be addressed its goping to be difficult.

My other moan of the day is that I'm irritated by the naivety of people who think that the January sales/ loans are a prime time to re-build a squad and instantly solve problems. My take is that this season can now be marked down as a learning experience and the real issues is whether Sven -if he stays- can do the business next season.

Sorry to upset people - but the assertions that Sven is "the best manager in this league" are highly suspect.

Sven has the most impressive c.v. of any manager in this league - of course he has - but that is not the same as being "the best manager".

The best manager in this league will be the one that has the most effective methods of getting us upwards abd out of this league. Are they the same methods as those needed to manage a major international team? Not necessarily.

I actually think that Sven will be on a learning curve in the 'Championship' - given the dreadful start to the season and all the obviouis individual and collective weaknesses that need to be addressed its goping to be difficult.

My other moan of the day is that I'm irritated by the naivety of people who think that the January sales/ loans are a prime time to re-build a squad and instantly solve problems. My take is that this season can now be marked down as a learning experience and the real issues is whether Sven -if he stays- can do the business next season.

Oh bloody hell, I'm agreeing with you on something, this could be a sad day!

Except of course I think he will stay if we don't get promoted, for his part any way. Whether the owners keep him I suppose is another matter, though I suspect they will.

couldn't agree more.

unfortunately our season is probably done for because we are inconsistent and bluntly not competitive enough with the players we have.

building for next year is probably a more realistic ambition for the second half of the season now.
:069:

Oh bloody hell, I'm agreeing with you on something, this could be a sad day!

Except of course I think he will stay if we don't get promoted, for his part any way. Whether the owners keep him I suppose is another matter, though I suspect they will.

Now, I'm starting to doubt my own judgement Beighton!

How can I be right if you agree with me?

But on your last point - well I'm not so sure. Call me cynical....but my best bet is that Sven sees Leicester as an opportunity to repair the bit of damage done by the failed Notts County project and as proof that he can still do it at club level.

The good news is that to accomplish that bit of re-building then he needs to be successful whilst at Leicester, so it's a win/win situation.

My mate at work reckons Sven has been on the Radio...and has targeted 6 players in January,one being Shay Given.

Seems like there will be a big clear out and more or less a new team from which started the season.

My taking is that if we don't go up this season...then next season the foundations would have been laid to have a good go.

My mate at work reckons Sven has been on the Radio...and has targeted 6 players in January,one being Shay Given.

Seems like there will be a big clear out and more or less a new team from which started the season.

Looks like Sven will be looking at a few new options rather than a complete reshuffle. We need a a keeper, a commanding centre back and a striker. All fundamental requirements!

As far as any lingering hopes of a play-off position goes the next two games are vital. We need to build confidence away from home and that needs to start at Hull today. Come on City!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669