the way things are

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuearlJackson

okay guys, this is the way i see things...

MA is trying to assemble the best squad , in his eyes, to gain promotion at the 1st attempt. this is the right way to do things. the whole idea of...it's okay to stay in the 1st for a couple of seasons and build etc... is rubbish. if you stay you begin to rot.

you need a decent amount of experience to get promoted, which hopefully we'll have. dublin is a great signing in my eyes. we have a decent base of experienced players and a decent no. of youngsters. i'm still a little worried about the lack of bite in midfield (tiatto is a good signing but he's not a regular centre-mid and we need more depth anyway).

Slag off after 6-7 games if things are going pear shaped. In the mean time all you can do to help the team is get 100% behind the side (which is exactly what i'd do if i could go!!!).

come on you city slickers :) we'll not do a derby.

SamJ

SamuearlJackson said:
okay guys, this is the way i see things...

MA is trying to assemble the best squad , in his eyes, to gain promotion at the 1st attempt. this is the right way to do things. the whole idea of...it's okay to stay in the 1st for a couple of seasons and build etc... is rubbish. if you stay you begin to rot.

you need a decent amount of experience to get promoted, which hopefully we'll have. dublin is a great signing in my eyes. we have a decent base of experienced players and a decent no. of youngsters. i'm still a little worried about the lack of bite in midfield (tiatto is a good signing but he's not a regular centre-mid and we need more depth anyway).

Slag off after 6-7 games if things are going pear shaped. In the mean time all you can do to help the team is get 100% behind the side (which is exactly what i'd do if i could go!!!).

come on you city slickers :) we'll not do a derby.

SamJ

You are right. I think we are looking very good for next season, and there was never any question in my mind about whether or not to get behind the manager and the team. I always will!

yep i agree. i think the squad we are assembling looks very strong for the first division but we still need afew more additions. i still think central midfield is looking a little short of cover. a good defensive midfielder would be a bonus here. the full back positions are also a little worrying. i hope that makin and mawene turn out to be the players we need. a couple more freebies may mean that micky will have a bit more cash to spend elsewhere. i also believe the strikeforce could do with another addition (even after the signing of connolly). dublin will surely not be able to play every game and id not want to rely on tricky or tommy. all in all though i think we're looking good but i expect this to be a real tough season.

Micky said:
yep i agree. i think the squad we are assembling looks very strong for the first division but we still need afew more additions. i still think central midfield is looking a little short of cover. a good defensive midfielder would be a bonus here. the full back positions are also a little worrying. i hope that makin and mawene turn out to be the players we need. a couple more freebies may mean that micky will have a bit more cash to spend elsewhere. i also believe the strikeforce could do with another addition (even after the signing of connolly). dublin will surely not be able to play every game and id not want to rely on tricky or tommy. all in all though i think we're looking good but i expect this to be a real tough season.

Absolutely! It won't be as easy as last time. Last time we were in this division all of the players knew each other, knew how each other played and knew what to expect. I think it will take some time for the new team to gel as a unit. This will make it harder for us to challenge for instant promotion...which should without a doubt be our goal. I agree that hanging around the first division for a few seasons would be counter productive. We could end up having a 20 yesr stint like Wolves with an attitude like that.

Oh, and of course we don't have Izzet anymore...he was massive for us in this league last time around. As was Rogers...but for different reasons :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263