They're talking about us

Well mostly talking about Everton, but comparing their progress since 2017 with us.

Oliver Kay: Star-struck Everton need to stop shopping at Harrods
https://theathletic.com/1510029/2020/01/07/everton-january-transfers/?source=shared-article

Was thinking something similar myself the other day when I heard about a potential investor to Everton. They’ve not exactly been lacking in money in recent years, just nous, the right signings and a plan. They’ve spent more than us.

We, Liverpool and Man C (even though they are loaded) have proved it’s about building a side and having a plan and not just the money.

Well mostly talking about Everton, but comparing their progress since 2017 with us.

Oliver Kay: Star-struck Everton need to stop shopping at Harrods
https://theathletic.com/1510029/2020/01/07/everton-january-transfers/?source=shared-article

Was thinking something similar myself the other day when I heard about a potential investor to Everton. They’ve not exactly been lacking in money in recent years, just nous, the right signings and a plan. They’ve spent more than us.

We, Liverpool and Man C (even though they are loaded) have proved it’s about building a side and having a plan and not just the money.

I've not read much of Oliver Kay before subscribing to the Athletic.

Since reading his last few pieces, I conclude that he's awful. This article of convoluted drivel being a prime example. Talk about being selective in his examples to support his argument!

Hang on, Cambiasso didn’t mastermind the great escape after all.....

The way he inspired Leicester to safety during their relegation scrap in 2014-15 was also one of the reasons Villa were keen. Drinkwater wasn’t afraid to speak his mind and highlight areas that he felt needed improving during low points of the season.

It was, in fact, some of his suggestions that some people believe helped spark a late revival to keep the club in the division.

As Warren Joyce, the former Manchester United reserve coach who still keeps in touch with Drinkwater, told The Athletic recently: “Drinky phoned me up and told me about Leicester’s struggles so I told him to tell the manager (Nigel Pearson) how he felt.

“(His views) shocked a few people but from that moment in time, they went from bottom of the league to winning the league the year after.

“It coincided with that meeting, 100 per cent.”

Source
https://theathletic.com/1516614/2020/01/07/danny-drinkwater-aston-villa-wages/?source=shared-article

Seems like the new wave quality sports journalism down at the athletic is beginning to drift back to the same old tired, lazy cobblers underpinned by no actual knowledge or research whatsoever

Robert Huth was the rock on which the great escape was built. That and the clappers.

I love the way how in the build-up to tonight's game, the Sky presenter asked big Emile Heskey who he'd buy out of Grealish and Maddison if he was Man Utd, and Emile's response was "well Leicester have made it clear that Maddison isn't for sale". Yes lad!

What a brain dead, ****witted, dillhole of a **** that man really is. Mind you, I think the likes of Lingard would think he's too good for us because he's pretty much the same.
He was talking from the perspective of Lingard.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663