They're talking about us

My twisted recollection of Bobby Davison is singing his song "Oh Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby Davison" for the first time and half way through deciding that he was shit and I wouldn't bother finishing it then or ever again.

My twisted recollection of Bobby Davison is singing his song "Oh Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby, Bobby Davison" for the first time and half way through deciding that he was shit and I wouldn't bother finishing it then or ever again.
I’m sure it was him that scored our goal away at Sheffield Wednesday, which was the last goal of the game in a 7-1 thrashing, is that right? We sang his name quite a bit that night.

I’m sure it was him that scored our goal away at Sheffield Wednesday, which was the last goal of the game in a 7-1 thrashing, is that right? We sang his name quite a bit that night.
I think it was David Oldfield?

Wrong. Davison is correct. If I recall correctly Mark Bright got two of theirs.

Yes, he did. Our future manager Worthington also scored one. I do recall the humour in the away end that night. Odd to think that we won the same trophy at the same place less than five years later.

It was a double for us away fans that season - two 7-1 defeats in the same season. The other one was at Newcastle. Those of us who were at both ought to get discounts on our season tickets to this day.

Yes, he did. Our future manager Worthington also scored one. I do recall the humour in the away end that night. Odd to think that we won the same trophy at the same place less than five years later.

It was a double for us away fans that season - two 7-1 defeats in the same season. The other one was at Newcastle. Those of us who were at both ought to get discounts on our season tickets to this day.
Yep. Lots of “we want 6”, followed by “we want 7”, followed by “we want 8”, which never arrived, but our goal arrived and much joy ensued.

Haha, I thought that would go down well.

I still really don't get all the hate he gets at all though.

He's way off form at the moment but we are at our best we he is at his best - when he was on form, we were winning games in an entertaining manner and we were also in the top 4. He gets injured and we lose that extra something that is needed to challenge at the top.

Without Maddison or him on form we are pretty toothless, as has shown so far this season.

I still think he is struggling with the hip.

Haha, I thought that would go down well.

I still really don't get all the hate he gets at all though.

He's way off form at the moment but we are at our best we he is at his best - when he was on form, we were winning games in an entertaining manner and we were also in the top 4. He gets injured and we lose that extra something that is needed to challenge at the top.

Without Maddison or him on form we are pretty toothless, as has shown so far this season.

He dared to answer questions asked on a particularly youth-orientated TV show. If that's not worthy of vilification, I don't know what is.

I did wonder what that weird 'A' sign celebration was about. I've seen it a few times.

The Avengers eh? Diana Rigg was pretty special.

Agree with the points made. The main problem is that the off form seems to have been ages now. Meanwhile his profile outside of football is being worked on.

My gripe isn't with him tbh as he doesn't pick the team.

Don't see the problem. Yeah he's a bit of a jack the lad and is in shit form and probably shouldn't be in the team atm but '**** off to Arsenal you waste of space' because he likes shit music and Spiderman? Seems harsh...

Don't see the problem. Yeah he's a bit of a jack the lad and is in shit form and probably shouldn't be in the team atm but '**** off to Arsenal you waste of space' because he likes shit music and Spiderman? Seems harsh...
Perhaps if he spent less time on telling us about his love of Spiderman and shit music and more on his form and attitude to the game, there wouldn't be a problem for anyone to see.

Agree with the points made. The main problem is that the off form seems to have been ages now. Meanwhile his profile outside of football is being worked on.

His last goal was 21st Feb at Villa. His last assist was 3rd Feb at Fulham - it was so long ago that it was for James Justin. He's played 3 key passes in his last 8 PL matches.

Despite what BR says, I think he's struggling for fitness due to his hip injury still bothering him. However, it's clear that his confidence is shot. It might be because he based a lot on getting into the England squad and the injury fecked that and he's been a mess ever since. Of course, there was also the off field issues whilst he was out. He doubled his salary from £55k a week to £110k a week last year. Maybe that has affected him. He's also had a few personal issues with his partner, who has recently had his first child. Finally, I've read that we were quite encouraging of interest in him this summer, which I'm sure he knew about. That can't have helped.

Nobody knows for sure why he's a mess of a player right now. The problem for us is we can't afford him to be like this. We have precious little creativity through the centre of the pitch. We have very little creativity from anywhere to be honest. He's one of our top paid players. We have backed him to be the main man in the 4-2-3-1 and if he doesn't play, the formation doesn't work.

I guess what I mean is that I hope that BR knows exactly what the issue is and is doing his level best to help Maddison get back to the level that we know he's capable of. His career is at a crossroad right now and we're desperate for the Maddison from the beginning of the year.

Being off form for a while is kind of OK.
Being off form whilst your media personality is rapidly increasing in profile ensures that people will draw conclusions whether they are correct or not.

Being off form for a while is kind of OK.
Being off form whilst your media personality is rapidly increasing in profile ensures that people will draw conclusions whether they are correct or not.
I’m a fan of his and he was playing to a very high level before his injury last season. At the minute though, he’s looking a bit like Anna Kournikova, in the sense that he’s having more commercial success than he is on the pitch (or court, in AK’s case, obviously).

The ****ing Avengers...

Just **** off to Arsenal you waste of space
Get a ****ing grip.

He's answering questions and he can like or dislike what the bollock he wants. Yes, his form is way off his potential at the moment and the evidence is that this is fitness related but talk about a hyperbolic reaction. He's young, he's milking the media for every penny they want to throw at him whilst raising his media profile. So what? I don't understand why so many people think this is such a crime. Footballers in or out of form have been doing this for decades.

A fit, healthy, mentally strong James Maddison is a fantastic asset. If we can get him back to what he was then it'll be brilliant for us and BR is, no dount, trying his best to do so. The vitriol he is getting from some quarters is bordering on the ridiculous.

If you want him out because you think his form won't recover or because you feel he just isn't good enough then that is fine. I disagree but I understand. Wanting him to '**** off' based on his media appearence in this interview is ludicrous, especially given that his post match media performances are often eloquent.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854