They're talking about us

Leicester’s top brass may have chosen to keep their powder dry this January because they want to save all their resources for a big push of the reset button ahead of 2022-23.
I can see that interpretation and should finances allow, can see something like it happening.

We've a number of players who, for one reason or another, may either go or be on the verge of so I think we'll need to significantly refresh/revamp our squad. Funds will dictate whether we upgrade, simply replace or (worse case scenario) only get bodies in to wear the shirt. This summer window could be a defining one for us - for better or for worse.

I'm optimistic. It seems we've a good business model (even if the current climate has maybe stagnated it) and we've invested heavily in facilities, so I think we'll have access to funds. We've got some promising youngsters coming through (and not the ones I thought 6 months ago!) and generally sound management and direction.

Whatever one thinks of BR, the club's bigger than him and - if he is a problem - then it's one that is comparatively easily to resolve in the scale of things; pay him up, get someone else in. Watford make it look so easy! Personally, I'm happy with him. I reckon he's handled both himself and our current situation well - some curious decisions aside (but he knows football better than I do so who am I to judge?) I'd be happy to have him at the helm for next season.

Interesting. The LM reporting that Amartey isn't out of contract this summer after all.

Other than Daka’s goal that tackle on Lamptey was the only remotely exciting thing any of them managed on Sunday.

It's not an uncommon opinion.

“He inherited a battle-hardened team, one with competitive knowledge built on the experiences of two play-off defeats, a dominant Championship season, then the ‘Great Escape’ of 2014/15.

Some would even suggest more to do with the former manager than Ranieri. Personally, I've no idea but I can see the perspective.

It was the perfect combination and timing from everyone.

Pearson deserves a huge amount of credit for the success he had with us and giving us the platform to push on.

I was really disappointed when he left which made me make the worst decision of my lifetime in not renewing my season ticket!.....

Its impossible to say what Pearson would have done the following season if it weren't for some ring licking in the summer but personally, I believe the Claudio's cool and calm manner played a huge part in us holding on to the lead at the top and I believe Pearson would have buckled under the same pressure if in the same position.

It wouldn't have happened without them both and neither would have done it on their own.

Pearson deserves a huge amount of credit for the success he had with us and giving us the platform to push on.

I was really disappointed when he left which made me make the worst decision of my lifetime in not renewing my season ticket!.....

Its impossible to say what Pearson would have done the following season if it weren't for some ring licking in the summer but personally, I believe the Claudio's cool and calm manner played a huge part in us holding on to the lead at the top and I believe Pearson would have buckled under the same pressure if in the same position.

It wouldn't have happened without them both and neither would have done it on their own.
I'm glad someone else decided not to renew. Makes me feel a lot better! Took me two seasons to get it back.

Wow you two had an absolute mare there.

Given the amount of blame Brendan has had for our failure to clinch fourth over last two seasons, I think it’s only fair to give Claudio the credit he completely deserves for steering us through that season, tweaking the full-backs in the autumn, integrating Kante, not letting success get to their heads, getting us back on track after the sticky Christmas/new year and keeping our head in the spring.

That team would not have won the league without good management

What a load of total bollocks

Shows how much the big nosed **** actually understands about football management

I’m not surprised he thinks that, always assumed Kasper had similar views. They will have discussed these things after all.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663