They're talking about us

Have to say, I didn't expect this prediction for us. Absolute nonsense in my opinion.

Hope springs eternal

...If Rodgers’ patience snaps, Leicester could find themselves in considerable trouble next season, but their supporters can take a crumb of comfort from my pessimistic assessment: the last time I predicted Leicester to be relegated from the Premier League, they won it.

Everyone’s entitled to their opinion, just because you think it’s bollox.
As we haven’t bought anybody yet, don’t think he’ll be the last doomsayer
It's complete shite. We have a good first team and some promising youngsters. If Rodgers notices them and decides to give them a chance, we'll be fine.

What a load of wank

Indeed.

Maybe I'm deluded but I wouldn't swap our squad for any others apart from Man City and Liverpool.

We can obviously improve in certain positions but there are gaping holes in squads of the other supposedly big sides.

We'll also be well protected in a really busy season by not having Europe or too many players going to the World Cup.

My only concern is hearing our manager talking our prospects down.

Indeed.

Maybe I'm deluded but I wouldn't swap our squad for any others apart from Man City and Liverpool.

We can obviously improve in certain positions but there are gaping holes in squads of the other supposedly big sides.

We'll also be well protected in a really busy season by not having Europe or too many players going to the World Cup.

My only concern is hearing our manager talking our prospects down.
Nope, I'm with you BN. I think we have a total of 14 players who would add something to every squad apart from the two you've mentioned.

Hope springs eternal
The first suggestion in there is that Newcastle will be seventh next year. Enough for me to stop reading.

But I soldiered on anyway.

18th place confirmed for me that it’s complete shit.
There is no way that we’re in relegation trouble next season. Not a chance.

I literally have no idea how our season will go.

Our first choice XI is still quality and better than a lot of teams in this league, and we've got a handful of good/decent options outside of that too.

Injuries were still the biggest factor that hurt us last season. Avoid as many key injuries this year and we should do better than last season - and don't forget we still finished 8th.

But I worry about our how much we still rely on Vardy and that he's getting older and having more injuries. Plus I worry about cover for other key players.

Keep everyone fit and on form we could finish top 6.

But if we lose 2-3 from Vardy, Maddison, Fofana, Evans, Ndidi for prolonged periods of time again, I worry about us for sure. I'd include Kasper in that, but trusting that we only let him go if we sign a solid replacement.

I'd be surprised if we got relegated. But a few big injuries and we could get sucked into a fight this year, as morale probably isn't as good as it has been either.

So basically we could finish anywhere between probably 5th and 17th. Which probably means we'll finish mid table...

A lot of people struggled to predict how Crystal Palace would do last season. They’d got a new, fairly unproven, manager and had lost a fair few seasoned professionals and replaced them with a few younger players, some of which were from the lower leagues. I could understand how it was difficult to predict, but I think they did pretty well and were never really in trouble.

We’re the opposite of that. Same manager, same players. We finished 8th, having finished 5th the previous two seasons. Even if we have a down year, most would probably predict a fairly non-descript mid-table season.

I’m not saying we won’t get relegated, clearly, but it’s a bit of a leap if you’re doing predictions and see us, currently, as a team who are likely to fail.

Obviously if we sell Maddison, Tielemans and Fofana by the end of the window, then it would change this outlook, but as things stand he’s making a prediction that doesn’t make a great deal of sense.

As regards our first XI, how many times did we see them all start as a fit XI last season?

That’s why I think this season could well be a nice surprise for us

We'll finish fourth.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566