They're talking about us

Now we have a real threat on the right , it should take some pressure off of him, also give the defenders someone else to worry about so giving Harvey more time and room.

Time will tell, but the Villa game was a good start
Well, there is that. Or now we have a real threat on the right, we could drop him in order to try a misfiring player in a position he's never tried before.

It's a real poser, that one

Has he been worked out? Maybe worth switching him over to the right but would mean playing someone else out of position i.e. KDH on the left wing. He is so frustrating his cross that led to one of our goals against Villa was sublime but they are few and far between.

It could be that now we have a strong LB he can remain higher up the pitch and he will then become more effective as he will have more one on one opportunities when the opposing team loses possession. For me it is work ethic ( I can only tell from live games) he is not getting involved enough and his attitude when he loses the ball is dire.

I will say it again he has all the attributes necessary to make it to the very top he needs to work harder to achieve it.

Did you forget we signed Tete?

I think the times Barnes has been on his best form were when he had Chilwell or JJ on good attacking form playing behind him - a full back that will make runs, get behind him, double up and even go beyond him. He's good at that close play with a full back and using that space to find opportunities.

Hopefully the new left back helps him get back to form.

Wout makes Florid Garth’s team of the week. He did a good job on Kane considering he was on a booking for most of the game.

In the days of yesteryear, strikers such as Chelsea's Ian Hutchinson or the great Peter Osgood, and a good many others, sacrificed themselves on the altar of hubris, vendettas and chasing lost causes. They have been replaced by those who work by the motto: Pick your battles - you'll play longer.

This was a tackle of such precision by and magnitude by Faes that it not only won Leicester the ball but created a goal out of nothing. Best tackle I've seen in years.

Did you forget we signed Tete?

I think the times Barnes has been on his best form were when he had Chilwell or JJ on good attacking form playing behind him - a full back that will make runs, get behind him, double up and even go beyond him. He's good at that close play with a full back and using that space to find opportunities.

Hopefully the new left back helps him get back to form.
Agreed and it has certainly proved your point thus far although I think I made this comment before Tete signed. Kristiansen has proved an absolute game changer and has protected the weak side of Barnes game. It is great to see Barnes with his confidence up ,if he now starts to knuckle down and work hard on his delivery the sky really is the limit imo.

Rodgers basically outright admitting Maddison is ****ing off in the summer:

First time I’ve really thought about him leaving. I’ll be gutted. What a player.

Let's hope we've got some serious feelers out in terms of finding a replacement because he's not going to be here next season.

Let's hope we've got some serious feelers out in terms of finding a replacement because he's not going to be here next season.
Along with…

Soyuncu
Tielemans
Evans
Amartey

And possibly..

Wilf
Praet
Nacho
Mendy

And hopefully..

Bertrand
Vestergaard

Going to be a mad summer.

If madders does go in the summer, let’s get the deal done early
Also, the 3 new players are all 1st XI starters , we need more of that quality
I’m sure Mr Glover has the job in hand

Along with…

Soyuncu
Tielemans
Evans
Amartey

And possibly..

Wilf
Praet
Nacho
Mendy

And hopefully..

Bertrand
Vestergaard

We only have Tete until the end of the season too.

Along with…

Soyuncu
Tielemans
Evans
Amartey

And possibly..

Wilf
Praet
Nacho
Mendy

And hopefully..

Bertrand
Vestergaard

Not many of them are actually playing regularly.
Not sure Vestergaard or Soyuncu will be missed. They've not here now.
Evans is always injured.

Until very recently Nacho, Mendy and Preat have hardly played either.

I think this is a positive thing. These players are on high wages and need to move on for us to progress.

We’ll for sure give new contracts to Evans and Amartey. Knowing us, probably Bertrand as well.

I absolutely think Amartey should be given a new contract.

He's not kicking up a fuss when not playing (as far as we know) and he's good enough to be 4th/5th choice centre back - which is the role he's meant to be here for. It's not his fault he's been overused. When he's played the odd game, he's been adequate as cover.

We need someone to be down the pecking order in that position and I doubt we'll find much better that's willing to play that role, so as long as his wages aren't too high I'd renew his contract for sure.

Even if we could bring someone in to replace him as that squad player role, it would probably cost us more and that's not a good use of funds.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463