They're talking about us

I absolutely think Amartey should be given a new contract.

He's not kicking up a fuss when not playing (as far as we know) and he's good enough to be 4th/5th choice centre back - which is the role he's meant to be here for. It's not his fault he's been overused. When he's played the odd game, he's been adequate as cover.

We need someone to be down the pecking order in that position and I doubt we'll find much better that's willing to play that role, so as long as his wages aren't too high I'd renew his contract for sure.

Even if we could bring someone in to replace him as that squad player role, it would probably cost us more and that's not a good use of funds.
I disagree. If our ambitions are Dan Amartey then it is a poor show. There would surely be plenty of young promising, cheap defenders out there who could come in and do a much better job.

I disagree. If our ambitions are Dan Amartey then it is a poor show. There would surely be plenty of young promising, cheap defenders out there who could come in and do a much better job.
Yeah it sort of makes a mockery of having any kind of youth set up if you’re keeping Daniel Amartey as your 4th/5th choice.

He’s served the club to the best of his limited ability but it’s time to move on.

What's the point of moving? Soutter has just proved that playing well regularly in the championship will get you a first choice spot in the PL.

Keeping Amartey will cost us virtually nothing, so even if he's not really used, it's no big loss.

Rodger probably fancies exchanging him for Bednarek, so he can then have the dream center back partnership with Vestergaard and with Bertrand at left back.

I have a soft spot for big Dan but that's all it is. Tend to agree with Micky on this. We should be looking for a better calibre player if we have serious ambition.

Really shouldn’t be worrying about trying to replace Dan,
We should be looking for players that can start, not be 4th or 5 th choice.

Really shouldn’t be worrying about trying to replace Dan,
We should be looking for players that can start, not be 4th or 5 th choice.

You are aware of Rodger's injury record aren't you?

We've bought two new centre-halves this season, and they've very clearly been good buys who we will want to build the defence around. In that context, it's madness to spend our limited resources in the summer on another one when we're likely to be losing our entire first-choice midfield three. As others have said, we need someone who won't grumble about warming the bench but who will do a job when called upon. If we've got sommeone in the u21s who can step up to that, great but from what I've seen we'd be much better off asking Dan (and Jonny) to stick around for a little bit longer.

Amartey, Soyuncu, Bertrand and Evans are all out of contract and I'd release them all without a second thought.

We have to get our wage bill down. Even without those four, we've still got nine defenders in the first team squad.

We've got to get a lot of players out this summer. Offering new deals to irregular starters is insanity.

Interesting one with Amartey and it all comes down to just how much his wages are with a new contract. Suggesting the youth as good enough for 4th choice is a dangerous gamble.

If there is an improvement for free at the end of the season then swoop in. Otherwise, Dan is not a bad lad to have around the club as I’m sure he is fairly influential, and I can’t really say a bad word about his character.

Bertrand, Vestie, Perez, Cags are the big wage removals I’d imagine.

Rodgers basically outright admitting Maddison is ****ing off in the summer:

First time I’ve really thought about him leaving. I’ll be gutted. What a player.
IMO if he won't sign the deal we should be looking at cashing in rather than being left with another Tielemans situation. It will be a loss and hopefully the club are looking at options for center mid in the summer as it will be a key area. I don't think we'll miss Youri so much, obviously he's great when he's on the top of his game but in general I think the midfield is a bit slow when he's in it. Supposedly we're looking at Loftus Cheek to replace him and if Maddison goes too I think Ward Prowse might be a fair option to look at..

IMO if he won't sign the deal we should be looking at cashing in rather than being left with another Tielemans situation. It will be a loss and hopefully the club are looking at options for center mid in the summer as it will be a key area. I don't think we'll miss Youri so much, obviously he's great when he's on the top of his game but in general I think the midfield is a bit slow when he's in it. Supposedly we're looking at Loftus Cheek to replace him and if Maddison goes too I think Ward Prowse might be a fair option to look at..
They would both be poor signing IMO.

There is a reason no big clubs have came in for Ward Prowse.

And Loftus Cheek...over paid crap.

Leicester City are intensifying contract talks with James Maddison as they move to avoid the prospect of a summer sale.
Maddison is approaching the final 12 months of his deal and Leicester have restarted negotiations over a long-term extension in the past 48 hours.
Newcastle had an offer worth up to £40 million rejected in the summer transfer window and are keeping a close eye on Maddison’s contract situation.
Tottenham are also keen admirers of the England international, who was included in Gareth Southgate's squad for the World Cup in Qatar but did not play.
Signed for £25 million from Norwich City in June 2018, Maddison has been a hugely successful recruit and was named as captain for Saturday's 4-1 victory over Tottenham.
This season he has scored nine goals and registered four assists in the Premier League this season.
Leicester are determined to ensure the 26 year old stays beyond this season, and are now ramping up talks over a new deal.

Norwich will also be keeping a close eye on the situation as they agreed a 15 per cent sell-on to any future deal which represents a profit.
After the win over Tottenham, Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers said: “We think James is in his best position now. He’s done great for me in the last 12 or 14 months playing out of position on the right.
"You see his qualities, he’s one of the best players in the league. He’s grown as a leader too and is an outstanding player."
Leicester have won their last two league matches, scoring eight goals, and face Manchester United at Old Trafford this weekend.
Leicester’s season has been galvanised by their three new signings - Harry Souttar, Victor Kristiansen and Tete - in the January transfer window and keeping Maddison is their next priority.
Though the club has frequently sold their star players in recent years, with the likes of Harry Maguire, Ben Chilwell and Riyad Mahrez all sold for big fees, the sale of Maddison will be a major blow to Rodgers’s rebuilding plans.
Youri Tielemans, the Belgium international, will be out of contract this summer but there is a growing sense that he will leave on a free transfer.
Caglar Soyuncu and Ayoze Perez are also set to leave as free agents at the end of this season.

Leicester City are intensifying contract talks with James Maddison as they move to avoid the prospect of a summer sale.
Maddison is approaching the final 12 months of his deal and Leicester have restarted negotiations over a long-term extension in the past 48 hours.
Newcastle had an offer worth up to £40 million rejected in the summer transfer window and are keeping a close eye on Maddison’s contract situation.
Tottenham are also keen admirers of the England international, who was included in Gareth Southgate's squad for the World Cup in Qatar but did not play.
Signed for £25 million from Norwich City in June 2018, Maddison has been a hugely successful recruit and was named as captain for Saturday's 4-1 victory over Tottenham.
This season he has scored nine goals and registered four assists in the Premier League this season.
Leicester are determined to ensure the 26 year old stays beyond this season, and are now ramping up talks over a new deal.

Norwich will also be keeping a close eye on the situation as they agreed a 15 per cent sell-on to any future deal which represents a profit.
After the win over Tottenham, Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers said: “We think James is in his best position now. He’s done great for me in the last 12 or 14 months playing out of position on the right.
"You see his qualities, he’s one of the best players in the league. He’s grown as a leader too and is an outstanding player."
Leicester have won their last two league matches, scoring eight goals, and face Manchester United at Old Trafford this weekend.
Leicester’s season has been galvanised by their three new signings - Harry Souttar, Victor Kristiansen and Tete - in the January transfer window and keeping Maddison is their next priority.
Though the club has frequently sold their star players in recent years, with the likes of Harry Maguire, Ben Chilwell and Riyad Mahrez all sold for big fees, the sale of Maddison will be a major blow to Rodgers’s rebuilding plans.
Youri Tielemans, the Belgium international, will be out of contract this summer but there is a growing sense that he will leave on a free transfer.
Caglar Soyuncu and Ayoze Perez are also set to leave as free agents at the end of this season.

Absolutely no chance he signs a contract.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463