They're talking about us

The thread will go out with a bang at least, I imagine every football columnist in the land has already done a first draft of 'Where did it all go wrong for Leicester?' - to be published on the final whistle of a stuttering 1-1 draw with West Ham

I think that there will be articles written about this City season for a long time to come. I think we're comfortably the best squad to ever get relegated in the PL era. West Ham held that dubious honour but our squad is significantly stronger than theirs.

After years of being written about for all the right reasons, I think we'll go on to be written about all over again as the model not to follow.

It is fair to point out that Rudkin was there in the glory years under Vichai. Rudkin’s status grew to the extent that he is also the ultimate boss for the Srivaddhanaprabha family on their other major British sporting operation: King Power Racing (KPR).

It would also be right to say at this point that the club play down Rudkin’s role in KPR. They say that he is more of a conduit between the bloodstock manager Alastair Donald, various trainers and the ownership, previously Vichai and now Top.

Others see it differently and that Rudkin is understood to play a key part in the decisions on acquisitions of horses and with which trainers they are placed. KPR has around 100 horses with different trainers, and has been one of the top ten racing operations in Britain at times, perhaps even bigger.
If true, this seems bizarre. Our DoF spending what must be a reasonable amount of his time checking out horses. The phrase "Rudkin is understood to..." is doing a lot of work though.

If true, this seems bizarre. Our DoF spending what must be a reasonable amount of his time checking out horses. The phrase "Rudkin is understood to..." is doing a lot of work though.

It is interesting that the Telegraph are questioning Rudkin seeing as he's been their main source inside City. It's pretty clear that Percy has got his stories from Rudkin.

Maybe KP will attempt to make Rudkin the fall guy.

Word on the street is that Whelan is distancing herself from Rudkin.

It is interesting that the Telegraph are questioning Rudkin seeing as he's been their main source inside City. It's pretty clear that Percy has got his stories from Rudkin.

Maybe KP will attempt to make Rudkin the fall guy.

Word on the street is that Whelan is distancing herself from Rudkin.

Seriously though, where the **** is this street?

Rudkin should've been the fall guy a long time ago

One of the biggest reasons I hate the thought of us going down now is the the countless, endless stream of "from champions to relegation; where it all went wrong for Leicester" stories, along with plenty of rewriting history that actually our title win sowed the seeds for our demise.

They'll all love a "Leicester shouldn't have tried to punch above their station" take on this. You know the "big 6" that we threatened for several years and the media that support them will all revel in our cautionary Icarus-style story.

Please don't predict/preempt things that'll piss you off, there'll be enough of them and more besides. Stuff you didn't expect. Let it all slide, go with the flow.

I've made my peace with this admittedly shit situation and have genuine shoulder shrugs and pfft responses to fall back upon. Sucks really.

Last edited:
Wonder what , if any, difference relegation would make to kit suppliers.
bye , bye Adidas and co, welcome back joma,

Another interesting article from James Sharpe in the Mail (Sharpe is extremely well informed).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-battle-Premier-Leagues-relegation-scrap.html

On Sadler and Stowell: "caretaker bosses who text friends when they got the job that they felt out of their depth".

On our finances: "The real question, though, is what happens if — or when — Leicester do go down. They would do so with the highest squad cost and wage bill in Premier League history".

"caretaker bosses who text friends when they got the job that they felt out of their depth".

Michael Bridges was one of the commentators on a stream of our match I watched a few weeks ago. He's an old friend of Sadler's, and said Sadler phoned him when he got the job and said he felt he was out of his depth.
So it seems odd that Sadler seems to have been given the main role as caretaker, when Stowell has been fairly successful when he'd done the job previously.

One of the biggest reasons I hate the thought of us going down now is the the countless, endless stream of "from champions to relegation; where it all went wrong for Leicester" stories, along with plenty of rewriting history that actually our title win sowed the seeds for our demise.

They'll all love a "Leicester shouldn't have tried to punch above their station" take on this. You know the "big 6" that we threatened for several years and the media that support them will all revel in our cautionary Icarus-style story.
Yes very much feel the same.
As well as the endless comments saying if only we’d not got above ourselves and stuck with Rodgers for the end of the season.

I don't buy the take on Rudkin as a man Vichai liked & trusted. In my experience top down authoritarians like Vichai usually have a pointless yes man they can control like a pet as their main right hand. Rudkin has always seemed like that type to me.

But then again it is the Telegraph. The arch Tory press are permanently in love with the notion of the great leader & his infallible genius. Probably because most of them went to public schools where they were taught that they all come from that stock.

As an aside, I can confirm that Rudkin's role at King Power Racing IS more hands on than they say. I have a fair few contacts in racing & have been told face to face by one of their main trainers that Rudkin is both a) Forever on the phone to him making suggestions & b) utterly clueless about horses or anything to do with them. The entire reason he told me this is because he knows I'm a city fan & wanted me to know that our DOF is a complete ****wit.

" I hope the tool knows more about football than he does about racing for your sake" were his exact words.

Finally the first bit of realism to come out of the club in eons. The ****ing idea of this collection of clowns sitting around getting a free dinner & patting each other on the back as the club burns around them & they all prepare to jump ship in a months time would be truly ****ing nauseating.

But he can say what he likes about Youri. Any manager who plays him in a role that requires even a modicum of defensive responsibility is a raving lunatic. The bloke is as weak as piss. He'd need protection next to him if he turned out for the women's team FFS.

Thank **** they at least had relegation clauses.
I'm sure they don't, other than a few more recent signings. The club will be seeking to negotiate/impose the reductions. That's when the shit will really hit the fan.

Hmmm, who to believe?

However, the clauses are believed to be between 35 and 50 per cent for all players and it is normal procedure for the majority of Premier League clubs.

We're not in the majority perhaps. Shrewd business sense.... again.

Hmmm, who to believe?

We're not in the majority perhaps. Shrewd business sense.... again.

I really can't imagine that the majority of our players don't have relegation release clauses in.

At least 14 Premier League clubs surely bed them into every contract as a given since, as some of those articles say, every club is a few bad decisions away from facing relegation.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463