Thinking of getting BT Vision ? .... DONT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingy_85

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

BT VISION IS JUST FREEVIEW IN A FANCY BOX.

I have been with BT Vision for 10 months now. The only reason I went with them is because they were cheaper. All I wanted was Sky Sports & Broadband and on average this cost me £60 a month.

Firstly the SkySports services they offer is literally just SS1 & SS2 (No HD or SSN).

The on demand library is 5-10 years out of date and you will pay £2 more than your local rental store for any movie rental.

The overall service is shoddy and there are no HD channels whatsoever, the only stuff available in HD is through downloadable content.

I thank the gods that I have managed to wriggle out of the 24 month contract they had me under.

Now its just a question of Virgin or Sky ? The lowest quote I can get from them is £77 which is more than I want to spend. :icon_conf

Last edited:

I have been with BT Vision for 10 months now. The only reason I went with them is because they were cheaper. All I wanted was Sky Sports & Broadband and on average this cost me £60 a month.

Firstly the SkySports services they offer is literally just SS1 & SS2 (No HD or SSN).

The on demand library is 5-10 years out of date and you will pay £2 more than your local rental store for any movie rental.

The overall service is shoddy and there are no HD channels whatsoever, the only stuff available in HD is through downloadable content.

I thank the gods that I have managed to wriggle out of the 24 month contract they had me under.

Now its just a question of Virgin or Sky ? The lowest quote I can get from them is £77 which is more than I want to spend. :icon_conf

I could have told you all that before you bought it :)

If you can get Virgin theyre new TiVo box looks very impressive

If you want all the sports and movies and in HD, you will have to pay a lot. Why do you think it should be less? Did you not read the BT spec before ordering?

Also you don't get any sports with Freeview, nor downloadable movie content.

Last edited:

I'm with Virgin - the broadband is excellent, never have any problems with it. I'm only on the L package for tv so dont get the sports, but I do get SSN :)

I'm with Virgin. Have phone, broadband, tv.
Been with them since the days of NTL, and listening to others that have had problems with other suppliers, I can honestly say with Virgin (IMO) this is not the case.

Customer service has been very good, engineers have been very helpful.

Looking at getting Tivo in the New Year.

Virgin are good, we had them at our student house last year. The broadband isn't the most reliable in the world and can just die without warning but the customer service is generally excellent, so problems rarely last long. The TV on Demand function is extremely handy and has 4OD, iPlayer and itvPlayer functionality.

I'd recommend them certainly.

Sky lure you in with offers but aren't brilliant by any means, plus I hate to line Murdoch's pockets any more than necessary.

Another vote for Virgin.

Been with them since Diamond Cable. Excellent on the whole.

I loved my Virgin & the supermeg broadband.

I hate Sky with a passion. Their broadband was shite, their customer service shocking and Murdoch is a ****.

If you want all the sports and movies and in HD, you will have to pay a lot. Why do you think it should be less? Did you not read the BT spec before ordering?

Also you don't get any sports with Freeview, nor downloadable movie content.

I expected it to cost a lot of money but not more than say £65 which was the price last time I had Sky. I went with them literally as a last minute money saver and the salesman sold me a pack of lies to get the sale. Told me that there would be HD channels amongst other things.

I expected it to cost a lot of money but not more than say £65 which was the price last time I had Sky. I went with them literally as a last minute money saver and the salesman sold me a pack of lies to get the sale. Told me that there would be HD channels amongst other things.

But there is HD content, through downloads.

Only drawback I can see with Virgin and specifically the TiVo box is that it doesn't currently support red button services. They do state they are working on adding it but with no real date for completion.

Virgin for me, although we are having problems with our internet at the moment.

When you sign up for Sports package with Sky, isn't it a 12 month contract.

Pretty sure Virgin is only 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670