This time last season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

We had 47 points from 30 games. We now have 45 from 30 games. A win against Derby at the weekend will give us 48 from 31. Exactly the same as we had this time last season.

Just shows how far we've come following our disastrous start to the season.

We had 47 points from 30 games. We now have 45 from 30 games. A win against Derby at the weekend will give us 48 from 31. Exactly the same as we had this time last season.

I like that stat SJN :038:

Yay, didn't check that out myself, good stat. As others have said a real turn around. After 9 games we had 5 points and a goal difference of -13. Even a moderate return of 12 points would see us now on 53 points.

But then i suppose the 'clown' wouldn't have got the sack so soon and the damage he caused would have gone deeper.

Anyway onwards and upwards...come on Citeh let's give Derby a seeing to.

So we are exactly where we were this time last season after 31 games. That is simply amazing considering the start we had.

Also worth noting that in the last 6 games, we've made up:

6 points on Swansea
5 points on Norwich & Leeds
4 points on QPR

We've lost 2 points on Florist.

If we continue to collect points as we have throughout Sven's reign, we'll get to 76-77 points by the end of the season. This will get us comfortably into the play offs.

What is extraordinary now is the potential for us to actually compete for automatic promotion. With us showing the ability to obtain points consistently away from home and a pretty easy run in at home, we could easily find ourselves playing for a top two finish come May.

Two massive fixtures will be Florist and Cardiff away. Proper six pointers against the two favourites for second place.

This season is seriously developing legendary status in our history. I can't recall a more dramatic, and potentially thrilling, one.

I think that the play offs are a distinct posssibility, but an automatic place has pretty much gone. Although it would be the finest achievement I have seen whilst watching Leicester City.

I think that the play offs are a distinct posssibility, but an automatic place has pretty much gone. Although it would be the finest achievement I have seen whilst watching Leicester City.

We're only 6 points off it, and still have to play all the teams above us. I'd say there's a definite chance still.

Here's another meaningless stat for you all which is there for no reason but stiring up optimism.

We have 15 games to go and 6 points of 2nd. Over the last 15 games we have made up 8 points on 2nd. So, it's possible...

(Of course this is hoping those pesky games in hand both Cardiff and Forest have over us don't materialise to much for them. :( We do still have both to play mind, so we could get 3 points on them just by beating them.)

Last edited:
Here's another meaningless stat for you all which is there for no reason but stiring up optimism.

We have 15 games to go and 6 points of 2nd. Over the last 15 games we have made up 8 points on 2nd. So, it's possible...

(Of course this is hoping those pesky games in hand both Cardiff and Forest have over us don't materialise to much for them. :( We do still have both to play mind, so we could get 3 points on them just by beating them.)

I said a few games ago that I think something special was happening. I still believe this and this feeling makes all of the Interesting stats irrelevant - the future is Sven, the future is City's royal blue

Be good to come back at the end of May and say "remember this time last year when we got beat in the play offs....now look at us, we've won them and now in the prem!"

Last edited:
Be good to come back at the end of May and say "remember this time last year when we got beat in the play offs....now look at us, we've won them and now in the prem!"

Be even better if we didn't need the play-offs at all to achieve the same result :icon_bigg

Will shut all the fecking Cackpool fans up here! :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570