This Would Be A Tragedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyal_Supporter

Sheffield United have been monitoring the progress of Hearts striker Mark de Vries.

The Dutchman has attracted the interest of Blades boss Neil Warnock, who is keen to add a marksman to his Bramall Lane ranks.

Warnock's assistant Stuart McCall watched the former Dordrecht hit-man in action during Hearts' Uefa Cup clash with Ferencvaros last Thursday.

De Vries looks to be one of several options the South Yorkshire outfit may be considering as targets, with the striker's current deal at Tynecastle set to expire at the season's end.

Im sure CL's monitoring him aswell, but come on hes a proven striker, with goals in the uefa cup and a decent record in scotland ( for all thats worth)

And hes contacts out soon, Come on CL, get him down!!!!

That's crazy talk you thick jocko

We only have 76p to spend, and you know it

We've agreed a fee of 18p for Blake with Invererie Locos rising to 23p if he ever runs..shows how much you know Fatman

Just been on the TV up here that Sheff Utd are poised to sign De Vries...looks as though we are missing the boat although watching him play I'm none too sure its a bad thing

What is Neil Warnock's obsession with srikers? Look how many he has in the squad list:

Ashley Ward
Danny Cadamarteri
Steve Kabba
Jonathan Forte
Billy Sharp
Luke Beckett

and as if that isn't enough he's got Andy Gray and Paul Shaw who are sort of srikers.

I think 8 is enough, but not for that twat it isn't, you probably remember that he offered £300,000 for Neil Mellor and now he's trying to get this De Vries. When's he going to just stop and be satisfied with what he's got.

East Anglia Fox said:
What is Neil Warnock's obsession with srikers? Look how many he has in the squad list:

Ashley Ward
Danny Cadamarteri
Steve Kabba
Jonathan Forte
Billy Sharp
Luke Beckett

and as if that isn't enough he's got Andy Gray and Paul Shaw who are sort of srikers.

I think 8 is enough, but not for that twat it isn't, you probably remember that he offered £300,000 for Neil Mellor and now he's trying to get this De Vries. When's he going to just stop and be satisfied with what he's got.

Nathan Blake
Trevor Benjamin
Lee Morris
Tommy Wright
James Scowcroft
David Connolly
Dion Dublin (sometimes)

You'd think we'd be happy too! But sadly they all seem to not be cutting it! Everybody wants the same thing...a twenty a season goalscorer...but they aren't as easy to come by as you might think! :( :cry:

Looks likely that De Vries will join Sheff Utd for around £150,000....and we can't compete with that kind of money eh,no doubt Maybury will also be snapped up by someone for peanuts and we will miss out again.On a brighter note I heard today that Norwich will definately be buying a new forward in the Window and they haven't got much cash so they might come in for Scowcroft.....we can only hope :wink:

highland fox said:
Looks likely that De Vries will join Sheff Utd for around £150,000....and we can't compete with that kind of money eh,no doubt Maybury will also be snapped up by someone for peanuts and we will miss out again.On a brighter note I heard today that Norwich will definately be buying a new forward in the Window and they haven't got much cash so they might come in for Scowcroft.....we can only hope :wink:

Hi guys, back again. Sorry to see its no been going so good for u, same for us up at tynecastle... :(
well, it looks like de vries is going to united as reported, but to be honest he seems to have lost it. saw him on boxing day against celtic and he did nothing, absolutely nothing. Altho being fair, we were absolutely terrible in general. it was then brought to my attention that hes scored 1 SPL goal this season.
Yep, thats right, 1.
I dont think you're missing out on much. I really dont understand it tho hes been great for us over the last couple of years....

Re Maybury, the current word up here is that your lot and celtic are the 2 teams looking to get him in January. Apparently he'll command a fee of £30,000. However, if it comes to a straight choice, hes gonna go to celtic IMO, what with being a Republic international and that. Good luck with this one, he is a player evryone rates.

About CL, dont freak out, itll come good. When he arrived with us, we had a woeful team, and he took no pish whatsoever. Players were given bollockings when appropriate and he wasnt afraid to wield the axe.

Keep the faith foxychappies ;)

P.S. Merry christmas and happy new year from edinburgh! ;)

youngscot said:
highland fox said:

Hi guys, back again. Sorry to see its no been going so good for u, same for us up at tynecastle... :(
well, it looks like de vries is going to united as reported, but to be honest he seems to have lost it. saw him on boxing day against celtic and he did nothing, absolutely nothing. Altho being fair, we were absolutely terrible in general. it was then brought to my attention that hes scored 1 SPL goal this season.
Yep, thats right, 1.
I dont think you're missing out on much. I really dont understand it tho hes been great for us over the last couple of years....

Re Maybury, the current word up here is that your lot and celtic are the 2 teams looking to get him in January. Apparently he'll command a fee of £30,000. However, if it comes to a straight choice, hes gonna go to celtic IMO, what with being a Republic international and that. Good luck with this one, he is a player evryone rates.

About CL, dont freak out, itll come good. When he arrived with us, we had a woeful team, and he took no pish whatsoever. Players were given bollockings when appropriate and he wasnt afraid to wield the axe.

Keep the faith foxychappies ;)

P.S. Merry christmas and happy new year from edinburgh! ;)

Thanks for that, :D :wink: , we need cheering up. :roll: :wink:

happy new year youngscot!
30k doesn't seem much? can't we even raise that?
and i agree, why in fecks name would he come to us... :cry:

MKFox said:
why in fecks name would he come to us... :cry:

well apart from ure being a respected name team, craig levein. dont forget that maybury is the type of footballer evryone wants in their team. honest, hard working and loyal as hell. levein saved his career fom the doldrums in the leeds reserves and the more i think about it the more i think hed fancy the move. celtic play a 3-5-2, and id say hes deffo a full back no a wing back IMO

i noticed craig rocastle on loan at hibs was mentioned on another thread. that boys gonna be good i reckon, worth a good look . but if you can raise the cash, derek riordans the man to go for. if u can find a tape of his 10 best goals this season ude have some viewing. hes a total wee ned, but im sure CL'd knock that out of him like he did with graeme hogg lol

Riordan is out of our price range IMO i.e over £10,000.Shame because he's a real talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669