Thoughts so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dickovforengland!

Only seen Milan, Stoke and Ipswich but here's my two penneth for what its worth.

Ipswich will struggle having sold 50 goals a season of strikers and will probably finish mid-table.

Elvis is quicker than any of the current British Athletics team, if he fails as footballer he should go an buy some spikes. Hope he bags soon though.

MdV is doing OK ad looks much fitter than last season but Dion should teach him how to head the ball.

We are much improved from this time last season in terms of football if not points.

Based on a whopping total of 2 competitive matches observed, I think we will be pushing for a playoff place. Can't think there are 6 teams who will be playing better than us in this league. In fact Wolves Norwich and Saints are the only teams I think will be able to challenge over the course of the season.

I know that might be being a bit optimistic but I have been really impressed with the performances I have seen. So shoot me down if you disagree.

Dickovforengland! said:
Only seen Milan, Stoke and Ipswich but here's my two penneth for what its worth.

Ipswich will struggle having sold 50 goals a season of strikers and will probably finish mid-table.

Elvis is quicker than any of the current British Athletics team, if he fails as footballer he should go an buy some spikes. Hope he bags soon though.

MdV is doing OK ad looks much fitter than last season but Dion should teach him how to head the ball.

We are much improved from this time last season in terms of football if not points.

Based on a whopping total of 2 competitive matches observed, I think we will be pushing for a playoff place. Can't think there are 6 teams who will be playing better than us in this league. In fact Wolves Norwich and Saints are the only teams I think will be able to challenge over the course of the season.

I know that might be being a bit optimistic but I have been really impressed with the performances I have seen. So shoot me down if you disagree.

I think we are doing almost exactly as one would have predicted.

All three matches to-date have resulted in 'form' results.

The squad is very thin but contains some quality in terms of fizzy league standards and is obviously much better managed than under Micky (who I think will possibly take Cov down).

I think we are on course for finishing just in the top half - tho' it's probably unwise to be so precise. The game at Crewe is interesting in that if we are going to be in serious contention for a play-off place then it is poorer outfits like Crewe that we would need to mop up. A good win there and I might have to revise my thinking.

over the moon with 4 points so early in the season.

I'm fairly happy with the performances so far. I think we have played more football in the first three games than most of last season. The defence will get better as they play together and I think that McCarthy had a very good game on Saturday. I think too many people forget how few league games he has actually played in his career, he can only improve, but he will make mistakes from time to time but I have more confidence in CL sorting it out than MA in his latter days here.
The only worry was mentioned above - the small squad. But at least I'm enjoying our performances again - even Sheff Utd, well except for the last nine minutes.:icon_lol:

alex said:
Taking the piss?
No, I'm not at all.
4 points from blades, stoke and ipswich is more than I thought we'd get.

A good way to measure our progess is to compare our results this season against results in the corresponding fixture in the last campaign. Using this methodology we are 2 points better than last season to date.

Last edited:
The Voice From Above said:
A good way to measure our progess is to compare our results this season against results in the corresponding fixture in the last campaign. Using this methodology we are 2 points better than last season to date.
The hubby does that.

I personally am pleasantly surprised by the way we are playing, and feel we were unlucky not bring anything from Bramall Lane or take all three points against Ipswich. Whilst I'm encouraged, I'm not getting too carried away yet because City have tempted me with promises in the past, only to leave me feeling disappointed, disillusioned and more than a little pissed off.

LeeH said:
only to leave me feeling disappointed, disillusioned and more than a little pissed off.

Feelings shared by Mrs MK every night in the bedroom.

cleefox said:
The defence will get better as they play together and I think that McCarthy had a very good game on Saturday.

Agree, McCarthy and Nissa look like good defenders to me I am sure they will improve as a unit given time.

cleefox said:
The only worry was mentioned above - the small squad.

No argument here.

cleefox said:
But at least I'm enjoying our performances again - even Sheff Utd, well except for the last nine minutes.:icon_lol:

Think I have enjoyed the last 2 home games more than the whole of last season, the South Stand seems to have found its lungs again. If we perform like we have done for the past 2 home games and the crowd give the same level of support I will be happy no matter where we finish.

'Think I have enjoyed the last 2 home games more than the whole of last season, the South Stand seems to have found its lungs again. If we perform like we have done for the past 2 home games and the crowd give the same level of support I will be happy no matter where we finish.'

Have to agree with you there. Our two hour trips are eagerly anticipated again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeH
only to leave me feeling disappointed, disillusioned and more than a little pissed off.

highland fox said:
Feelings shared by Mrs MK every night in the bedroom.

.....:icon_lol:

Would have to pretty much agree with what as been said so far. Espcially the bit about Mrs MK. Only joking.;)

I am pleased with the way we ahve played so far and it is nice to see leicester playing on the deck more than usual. I reckon when we get Hughes back we will have a cracking team with a real play off chance. As I keep saying I reckon as long as Paddy Mac can keep his temper we will have the most consistant centre back in the Fizzy. DC looks like the striker we have needed for a long time and my own personal hero, Iwan Roberts was on Radio Leics on sat, so apart from a crappy day at work and being skint till i get paid. Life is good.:038: :icon_lol:

I have witnessed the games against Celtic, Sheff Utd and Ipswich, unfortunately I missed the Stoke game through work commitments (typical), and I have to say the level of performance, commitment, energy and passion are a massive improvement on last season, In the 3 games I have seen we have been the better side and also played the better football, we were very unfortunate against Sheff Utd and we battered Ipswich (if it had been a boxing match the ref would have stopped the contest), we havent picked up the points our performances have deserved.

I think the best way to judge the good work CL has done is to not only look at the excellent signings he has made at the club, but to also see how he has started to get the best out of the likes of Gareth Williams and Joey Gudjonsson, players who flattered to decieve last season, in the games I have seen both have been excellent, the impact CL is now having on this club is there for all to see, and whilst I think promotion may just beyond a small and very young squad, I certainly think this team will give it a damn good go and make us all proud to support Leicester again. I can honestly say I have enjoyed watching every game even the defeat against Warnock's mob, I cannot wait for each match, something that I sadly could not say last year.

Promising start and the crowd seem appreciative of the players and management's efforts, overall a very positive start to the season. Well done but lets keep up the good work.

Another way of measuring progress is that last year Tiatto was one of our better players and this season he is playing better but looking quite poor and average compared to the new ones around him!

From the little i have seen, I am more optimistic, now, than I have been since PT took over. I now think we will be in the play off's

Eat your heart out, Chandler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670