Thursday at the Walkers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I don't think anyone who chanted for MA at the forest will go, the lads behind me certainly won't be going.

I'll be honest, I want to go cos I want to see how far MM will try and push things to get people to accept he is the new Messiah or something..
Like i said earlier in the thread, I'm a nosy sod!:081:

Though I might not go cos Take That are on the film Awards thingy on Thursday night........decisions decisions........

You could tape that. :102:

i have left a message with peter jones,hes organising the evening.when i know anything i will post on here for everybody to read.
ive just got off the phone with peter regarding thursdays meeting.

its an 'open' meeting for those wishing to explain why they chanted for martin allen.

in the past open meetings have attracted around 50 people.
the conf room is set up with 200 chairs and there will be room for standing.

this is a great oppotunity for those who are disgruntled with mm or indeed gm to get some answers for themselves and all fans alike.

its an 'open' meeting for those wishing to explain why they chanted for martin allen.

I hope they don't automatically assume that everyone who attends did chant for Martin Allen. I didn't (I wasn't there) but will still be going along because I am really interested to see how this pans out.

I myself am not didgruntled with MM he has made it that way by perpetuating the whole thing by having a PR event errm sorry meeting. I still don't see the point of it bearing in mind that he cannot tell us why MA was sacked due to legal reasons. So apart from laying yourself open to abuse etc from other fans what is the point of anyone attending? Can someone explain please?

So apart from laying yourself open to abuse etc from other fans what is the point of anyone attending? Can someone explain please?

What abuse would that be?

As for the point - good old fashioned curiosity. And no, I'm not a cat :)

You could ask MM if he was sacked for ONE specific reason that absolutely has nothing to do with football, treatment of younger players etc...

Spion, do you think that anyone who takes a contrary opinion to MM is going to be allowed to feild a logical arguement? If MM was serious about this instead of turning it into a PR event he would have insisted that only those who chanted would be in attendance and maybe held a private meeting with a few of them. Basically, he has gone to the press and made a big issue of something that was really not worth giving any credence to in the first place and organised a meeting knowing that there will probably be more fans there with his view then not simply because they want to see a confrontation between him and the fans. The whole thing is farcical. As I have said before he cannot explain anything due to legal reasons so apart from being able to single out the "poisenous guys" what is there to be achieved????

Spion, do you think that anyone who takes a contrary opinion to MM is going to be allowed to feild a logical arguement?

I don't know, I haven't attended one of these before. Of course Milan wouldn't want to field questions like that but who knows. Maybe he is braver than a lot of us give him credit for and he would actually welcome an open honest debate. Naive of me perhaps, but.........

The whole thing is farcical. As I have said before he cannot explain anything due to legal reasons so apart from being able to single out the "poisenous guys" what is there to be achieved????

I think Milan wants to convince us that he is genuine in his aims for our club. Whilst he is probably unable to give us reasons for Allen's departure he will do all he can to explain that he does have our best interests at heart.

I still believe that Milan is a decent sort at heart and although he can be seen as a bit of a media tart at times I feel he does what he does because he sees it as the best way to achieve his goals. OK, it seems to have misfired a bit now what with having to 'settle' for Megson (I can't honestly believe he was Milans first choice either) but I cling to the hope that he is still doing the best as he see's it for us and our club.

I also feel that he is genuine when he was reported to be upset and angry when some of our lot chanted for Allen. Probably he is as frustrated as we are that the 'truth' (whatever that is) cannot come out.

My final thought, partly to support some of my other feelings about Milan, is that lets not forget he has his own money tied up in our club. He has a vested interest in doing the best for us.

Spion, do you think that anyone who takes a contrary opinion to MM is going to be allowed to feild a logical arguement? If MM was serious about this instead of turning it into a PR event he would have insisted that only those who chanted would be in attendance and maybe held a private meeting with a few of them. Basically, he has gone to the press and made a big issue of something that was really not worth giving any credence to in the first place and organised a meeting knowing that there will probably be more fans there with his view then not simply because they want to see a confrontation between him and the fans. The whole thing is farcical. As I have said before he cannot explain anything due to legal reasons so apart from being able to single out the "poisenous guys" what is there to be achieved????

A massive PR stunt - meet the disgruntled fans and shower them with utter nonsense about his passion for the club, how we must trust him and how we are 'in it together' so get behind the lads and we can get right to the top of the tree

Anyone with opposing views will be challenged as to how they think chanting Allen's name will help achieve this vision. Remember that this man is a PR genius, and will make mincemeat of your average fan

All of this will then be reported with a rosy hue on the website and in the cesspit rag that is the Leicester Mercury

A massive PR stunt - meet the disgruntled fans and shower them with utter nonsense about his passion for the club, how we must trust him and how we are 'in it together' so get behind the lads and we can get right to the top of the tree

Anyone with opposing views will be challenged as to how they think chanting Allen's name will help achieve this vision. Remember that this man is a PR genius, and will make mincemeat of your average fan

All of this will then be reported with a rosy hue on the website and in the cesspit rag that is the Leicester Mercury

Well you've certainly made your mind up Homer. Maybe I'm just kidding myself but I prefer to believe that Milan is still one of the good guys. OK, maybe that is because there isn't much alternative at the moment......

Spion, good points there. But I also think that homer (like myself) also see's through it. After all, no-one has said a word against Milan, I also agree with you re his passion for the club. That is not in doubt. No-one chanted against GM. So you have to ask why make the mountain of a molehill? Simple, we are not where we thought we were going to be, we have changed the manager, the team (at the moment) is in a bit of a mess. So "I know we'll have a PR stunt on the backs of the MA chant" Once again, we all agree he has the best interests of the club at heart, but as he cannot say anything we don't know (for legal reasons) there doesn't seem to be any point to it.

ive just got off the phone with peter regarding thursdays meeting.

in the past open meetings have attracted around 50 people.
the conf room is set up with 200 chairs and there will be room for standing.

this is a great oppotunity for those who are disgruntled with mm or indeed gm to get some answers for themselves and all fans alike.

:icon_roll Mmm. I sense an ambush.

Be careful you dont get photographed, fingerprinted and then banned for life.

Then again, the way things are going, we'll probably only have 15,000 there on Saturday, so its probably not a viable option for MM.

Whilst he is probably unable to give us reasons for Allen's departure he will do all he can to explain that he does have our best interests at heart.

Why, oh why does football give itself such airs and graces? MA2 was sacked for some intrigue which, we would be told but, sadly, MM was forced to sign a confidenciality clause. Gary Megson was courted by every Premier League club that disposed of its manager, only to be thwarted by a mysterious enemy.

Let's get real: Milan didn't like Allen's interference with his signing strategy. He didn't refer to him by name in an interview from the moment that MA2 declined the services of JFH.

Oh, as to Megson's deadly assasin, I think perhaps psychiatric assistance is required.

Last edited by a moderator:
I myself am not didgruntled with MM he has made it that way by perpetuating the whole thing by having a PR event errm sorry meeting. I still don't see the point of it bearing in mind that he cannot tell us why MA was sacked due to legal reasons. So apart from laying yourself open to abuse etc from other fans what is the point of anyone attending? Can someone explain please?
to put over your concens.
if nobody goes you will have played into his hands 100%.
if a handfull go he will be obliged to think its a tiny minority,and move on.
if the room is packed, he will have to sit up and think.and people looking in from the sidelines will have something to write/say about it.

im not going, im behind m&m.i have concerns,yes, but it hasnt got to the stage where ive lost faith in the chairman and a new manager of 10 days.

for those going just for the 'hilda ogden' effect, you might as well wait and read on here or the press to whats gone on.let the people with true concerns show and state their feelings :102:

you might as well wait and read on here or the press to whats gone on.let the people with true concerns show and state their feelings :102:

So you haven't got true concerns?

Well you've certainly made your mind up Homer. Maybe I'm just kidding myself but I prefer to believe that Milan is still one of the good guys. OK, maybe that is because there isn't much alternative at the moment......

And so has Mandaric

“I was very disappointed to hear that coming from those among our supporters, who are clearly not supporters at all, at least not by what it said the last time I looked in the dictionary.

“They are poisoning the club. They are those who have been part of the doom and gloom element over the years here, and we are all working hard to move things forward. I want them with me in this, not against me.

“I hope the true supporters isolate and reject those groups who are obviously not real fans.

"I'll meet you, face to face, and I'll listen to what you have to say.
"Then I'll tell you why I think you were wrong.

Whilst he is probably unable to give us reasons for Allen's departure he will do all he can to explain that he does have our best interests at heart./QUOTE]

Why, oh why does football give itself such airs and graces? MA2 was sacked for some intrigue which, we would be told but, sadly, MM was forced to sign a confidenciality clause. Gary Megson was courted by every Premier League club that disposed of its manager, only to be thwarted by a mysterious enemy.

Let's get real: Milan didn't like Allen's interference with his signing strategy. He didn't refer to him by name in an interview from the moment that MA2 declined the services of JFH.

Oh, as to Megson's deadly assasin, I think perhaps psychiatric assistance is required.
good enough reason imo.we could have done with a jfh in the squad.our forwards are poor.

and as for psychiatric assistance,maybe you could recomend yours:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670