Ticket Sales

Unsurprising. Spain isn't England.

The English, just below the surface of modernity, are a race of servile Saxon peasants. They love conservatism & they worship conformity. It's in the DNA since 1066. It explains the appeal of people like Johnson & Farage to the working class. They miss having lords & masters & want them back.
If that actually knew people who had similar characteristics to those men in their everyday lives, they'd have nothing to do with them on a daily basis (apart from agreeing with the racist bits) But there's an inbred belief that those sorts of men should lead their country. A counter intuitive disconnect.

Sit down, shut up, do what you're told...& now attack. Give an Englishman that sort of life & they're happy as a pig in shit.
Thats why the proudest of patriots have bulldog tatoos. The perfect representation. Inbred to within an inch of it's life to the point where it can barely walk or breathe but attacks when it's master shakes it's chain.

History bears this out. Handing over football, music & your other raucous pursuits to be hollowed out & destroyed by the powers that be is just the latest chapter.
You may want to read a bit less Huxley

You may want to read a bit less Huxley
Nowt to do with Huxley (either of them) Just a lifelong interest in history in general & an appreciation of patterns. Like all things it's a generalisation. There are plenty of individuals who don't fit that mould. But they have tended to be marched to the gallows while being pelted with rotten veg by their countrymen.

I'd say the hollowing out of music is probably more to do with Spotify killing the purchasing of music, making gigs the only revenue stream, pushing them to mega stadiums and arenas that are soleless.
Certainly a major contributor. But the process was already underway before that thanks to gentrification & the closing of venues, the rise of the karaoke talent show, labels ditching their A & R departments, the BPI music colleges & a few other factors.

Certainly a major contributor. But the process was already underway before that thanks to gentrification & the closing of venues, the rise of the karaoke talent show, labels ditching their A & R departments, the BPI music colleges & a few other factors.
Maybe to do with the lack of promoters and venues. Back in the day, in my "yoot", you could see Rory Gallagher or John Lee Hooker in the Il Rondo on Silver Street, Geno Washington in the Top Rank, the Who at Leicester Uni, more or less everybody of the time at Demontfort Hall, some in the same week. A golden age of live music.

Maybe to do with the lack of promoters and venues. Back in the day, in my "yoot", you could see Rory Gallagher or John Lee Hooker in the Il Rondo on Silver Street, Geno Washington in the Top Rank, the Who at Leicester Uni, more or less everybody of the time at Demontfort Hall, some in the same week. A golden age of live music.
Yep. That carried on right into the mid 90s. I think the death of the Uni circuit really signalled the end. The tier of toilet venues below that ( Charlotte type places ) followed & that was that really.

The Uni venue is now an 02 academy & as you'd expect they are absolute masters at reducing everything to a corporate shell. The blandest possible experience. Shit beer at stupid prices, unwelcoming atmosphere, rent-a-**** security with ****ing hi vis & earpeices wandering about pretending to be in the ****ing CIA & 15 seconds after the end of the encore you're pushed out the door like yesterdays bins (often after having the drink removed from your hand unfinished) All after paying 35 quid & upwards for a ****ing ticket.

Detestable. If I were 17 today I'd have zero interest in any of it.

Yep. That carried on right into the mid 90s. I think the death of the Uni circuit really signalled the end. The tier of toilet venues below that ( Charlotte type places ) followed & that was that really.

The Uni venue is now an 02 academy & as you'd expect they are absolute masters at reducing everything to a corporate shell. The blandest possible experience. Shit beer at stupid prices, unwelcoming atmosphere, rent-a-**** security with ****ing hi vis & earpeices wandering about pretending to be in the ****ing CIA & 15 seconds after the end of the encore you're pushed out the door like yesterdays bins (often after having the drink removed from your hand unfinished) All after paying 35 quid & upwards for a ****ing ticket.

To put it in perspective, the price to see any of the bands at the time was around the cost of 3-4 pints. I always relate life to the price of beer. I can't remember the price of football tickets at that time, but I reckon they were probably relatively cheaper in terms of pints.

Talking of rent a **** security :-
Elton John at Grace Road
Show was bloody good, then some jobsworth security tried to stop some from dancing in the aisles.
Elton basically stopped the concert and told them to **** off , or else the show is over.

Eventually security stood down and show went on.

Secur
Talking of rent a **** security :-
Elton John at Grace Road
Show was bloody good, then some jobsworth security tried to stop some from dancing in the aisles.
Elton basically stopped the concert and told them to **** off , or else the show is over.

Eventually security stood down and show went on.
Security types have always been weirdly opposed to any form of physical movement at musical events.

Like, exactly the sort of thing music is meant to encourage (well, most music anyway) I preferred it in the 70s & early 80s when security was just a load of nasty bastards looking to give someone a kicking. At least it was honest. Plus I could run really fast in those days. No way any of those fat ****ers was going to lay a hand on me if I got a one step start.

Cov game sold out already - got as far as 501 points only

Luckily got in there this morning before the mad rush

Will be bucketloads available in the home end

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469