ticket to a home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why was the official attendance only 8,585 for the match against Middlesbrough in 2013, when over 20,000 tickets had been sold?

Because if they announced the attendance as 20,000 there would be some kind of reaction.

This article said it was largely a choice made club-to-club but I doubt any club would bother with an actual count when they don't have to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1083630/The-truth-modern-day-attendances-How-clubs-count-missing-fans.html

Also note this article about Man Utd: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/12/manchester-united-attendances-police-figures

Last edited:
Because if they announced the attendance as 20,000 there would be some kind of reaction.

Buy if they explain that it's based on tickets sold, everyone would understand what it means, and there would be no reaction. The fact that they were able to give the actual figure for that match means they do have access to the number of people in the ground.
I don't care whether they give the actual attendance or tickets sold, but it should be consistent for all clubs, not some using tickets sold and some the actual attendance, and then changing when it suits them. Maybe they should publish both figures.

Last edited:

This article said it was largely a choice made club-to-club but I doubt any club would bother with an actual count when they don't have to.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1083630/The-truth-modern-day-attendances-How-clubs-count-missing-fans.html

Also note this article about Man Utd: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/apr/12/manchester-united-attendances-police-figures
The tickets are all scanned. It would be the work of a few seconds to get the correct figure. They'd also need to know for fire procedures etc, I would imagine.

Buy if they explain that it's based on tickets sold, everyone would understand what it means, and there would be no reaction. The fact that they were able to give the actual figure for that match means they do have access to the number of people in the ground.
I don't care whether they give the actual attendance or tickets sold, but it should be consistent for all clubs, not some using tickets sold and some the actual attendance, and then changing when it suits them. Maybe they should publish both figures.

I totally agree.

There were actually a lot of gaps in the crowd yesterday, especially in the East and West Stands. My guess would be that the best part of a thousand paying punters from the accepted attendance of 31,603 weren't actually there.

We want the ground to be full though. But for overseas supporter its almost impossible unfortunately

It's almost impossible for somebody living in Leicester, nevermind overseas, unless they have a season ticket or Gold/Family membership.

If I were an overseas supporter, I would write to the club in plenty of time and plead my special case.

Persoanlly I've been lucky enough to know a season ticket holder who have helped me getting tickets. This season that will be more difficult. I've purchased a silver membership that should make me able to get a ticket for low key games like WBA, Burnley and similar. ManU, L'pool and that kind i can probably forget about. Would ve needed a Gold membership for that. Anyway, I only come over one to three times a season and I think the locals "deserve" the tickets more than me so I'm not complaining.

Persoanlly I've been lucky enough to know a season ticket holder who have helped me getting tickets. This season that will be more difficult. I've purchased a silver membership that should make me able to get a ticket for low key games like WBA, Burnley and similar. ManU, L'pool and that kind i can probably forget about. Would ve needed a Gold membership for that. Anyway, I only come over one to three times a season and I think the locals "deserve" the tickets more than me so I'm not complaining.

cant argue with that either. just thought i should try. cant realyl wait until a week before match to decide. Its a catch 22

Sorry to gate crash the thread but I have a friend who wants to use my season tickets to purchase tickets for the Man utd game. Am I right that they go on sale to season ticket holders tomorrow and is he able to just turn up with my tickets?

Last edited:
He should be able to do it online rather than having to go to the stadium. I hope your 'friend' is a Leicester fan!

Indeed, I don't want to be sitting next to any glory grabbing local Manure fans.

Are they still around? All the ones that I know seem to have been very quiet for some time now. Some have even taken to wearing things other than their replica kits 24/7.

Sorry to gate crash the thread but I have a friend who wants to use my season tickets to purchase tickets for the Man utd game. Am I right that they go on sale to season ticket holders tomorrow and is he able to just turn up with my tickets?

Yes on sale tomorrow from 9am.

I would do it online and they will post you the ticket. I've done this now for extra Everton and Arsenal tickets. The ticket(s) will have your name on it, so if they are following the opposition, make sure they keep hands under legs otherwise you'll be in bother :icon_razz

Yes on sale tomorrow from 9am.

I would do it online and they will post you the ticket. I've done this now for extra Everton and Arsenal tickets. The ticket(s) will have your name on it, so if they are following the opposition, make sure they keep hands under legs otherwise you'll be in bother :icon_razz

So it's tomorrow, not tomorrow when Richie asked, which is today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00