Tigers groundshare

Status
Not open for further replies.
lako42 said:
i think it goes beyond the sporting context. i think that a developing city like Leicester would be better if we had two state of the art stadiums with the best facilities. It may go some way to restoring our image as a main sporting city. If we can get promotion we will have two top class sides with two top class teams. matching the other city regeneration plans to get going in the near future. more chance of hosting big games and more money into the local area.

The only problem being, that "two state of the art stadiums with the best facilities" would then be competing for the same customers & the net result is lossed non match income to LCFC.

Add that to the level of savings that would have been made & its a sizeable drop in net revenue. As we posted on our website following the open meeting back in May, the playing budget will halve from this season to next if we aren't promoted & the ground share doesn't go ahead (which seems to be the case from the comments last night).

With a number of new signings on 2-3 year contracts, it sounds like anyone out of contract next summer could again be departing

Foxes_Trust said:
With a number of new signings on 2-3 year contracts, it sounds like anyone out of contract next summer could again be departing

for a club our size in the current financial situation that football is in can we really expect anything else?

Just noticed next year Tigers will be having matches where they will be no general sale. It sounds like they could easily get 20k at the Walkers. I think City have missed a massive opportunity.

durham as our TB representative did tim give any reasons as to why the groundshare would not go ahead

Hazzman said:
Just noticed next year Tigers will be having matches where they will be no general sale. It sounds like they could easily get 20k at the Walkers. I think City have missed a massive opportunity.

Unless they play at the Walkers for those big games, paying to hire on a match by match basis. We have heard nothing from the club on this, but it is a rumour that has reached our ears from a couple of sources

lazzer said:
durham as our TB representative did tim give any reasons as to why the groundshare would not go ahead

Nope, just said he couldn't gom in to but it would be announced in a few days.

A big financial opportunity lost for us I am afraid.

I don't know why so many Foxes had a problem with the idea - my only concern was stadium branding and the pitch.

Granite Fox said:
A big financial opportunity lost for us I am afraid.

I don't know why so many Foxes had a problem with the idea - my only concern was stadium branding and the pitch.

It think they were the only concerns of everyone against it.

cant say i was over the moon about it but i would tolerate anything if it improved the financial future of my club

Foxes_Trust said:
The only problem being, that "two state of the art stadiums with the best facilities" would then be competing for the same customers & the net result is lossed non match income to LCFC.

Add that to the level of savings that would have been made & its a sizeable drop in net revenue. As we posted on our website following the open meeting back in May, the playing budget will halve from this season to next if we aren't promoted & the ground share doesn't go ahead (which seems to be the case from the comments last night).

but at the same time there are two stadiums now and two teams fighting for the local public. at the end of the day the way to eradicate that problem is for leicester city to start performing on the pitch. i guess the majority of people would rather watch city in the top league than the tigers. however the tigers have theyre own hardcore fan base which obviously merits a new stadium as it is. If we are in the prem and so are the tigers there should not be a problem. two teams in a city the size of leicester is common. two stadiums is even better.

lako42 said:
but at the same time there are two stadiums now and two teams fighting for the local public. at the end of the day the way to eradicate that problem is for leicester city to start performing on the pitch. i guess the majority of people would rather watch city in the top league than the tigers. however the tigers have theyre own hardcore fan base which obviously merits a new stadium as it is. If we are in the prem and so are the tigers there should not be a problem. two teams in a city the size of leicester is common. two stadiums is even better.

We are not talking about on the pitch related revenue, we mean the conference facilities which we are sure any new stand built at the Tigers will have an equal standard to that on offer at the Walkers. We are both then competing for the same customers, the net effect is lost revenue for LCFC.

But if there was only one venue then the revenue would still be shared. So what's the difference?

Excellent decision.

I'd rather spend 10 seasons struggling with limited finances than be a football club without its own home.

Brilliant - the chance of reduced expenditure out the window, great news especially if we don't get promoted this year.

Semper Eadem said:
Excellent decision.

I'd rather spend 10 seasons struggling with limited finances than be a football club without its own home.

We already are a football club without its own home. The ground is owned by American Teachers Pension Fund

bluefox said:
We already are a football club without its own home. The ground is owned by American Teachers Pension Fund

that really misses the point

the stadium is identifiable as the home of LCFC

if you have a mortgage on your house, you would still describe it as your home.

if, however, you were to let one of your next door neighbours buy into your house & let them move in with you, would it still feel like your home??
would it bollix

Macky said:
that really misses the point

the stadium is identifiable as the home of LCFC

if you have a mortgage on your house, you would still describe it as your home.

if, however, you were to let one of your next door neighbours buy into your house & let them move in with you, would it still feel like your home??
would it bollix

no but if they paid half the bills and were very hot i wouldnt mind at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673