Tigers moving in again

Status
Not open for further replies.
ha ha id run for the hills now if i were you you know that talk wont be welcomed on here by a fair few :018::icon_bigg

No logic behind it though - just emotion. Some form of inverse snobbery. Milan will be happy to get some money back - and why not (as long as it doesn't wreck the pitch).

No logic behind it though - just emotion. Some form of inverse snobbery. Milan will be happy to get some money back - and why not (as long as it doesn't wreck the pitch).

The fact that pitch may cut up badly at this time of year and affect our performance of flowing attractive football may be logic enough. As for the revenue yes we could certainly use it providing as i said it wasnt detrimental to the team. As for snobbery the only type i ever see is from the wax smelling bastards who look down their nose at city fans.

and what about the attitude of city fans towards tigers fans??? 6 of one half a dozen of t'other me thinks

and what about the attitude of city fans towards tigers fans??? 6 of one half a dozen of t'other me thinks

Well i dont think you would see much much of it from up there. My experience of the tiggers in my own local is to sneer at the football club and its lowly position, sneer at the fans and brand them all yobs/thickos . They dont even want to use the walkers as they say its been bad luck for them. If my reaction to all this is to show disdain then maybe that is six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Im not sure hatred is the correct word.

And 'snobbery' would be exactly the wrong word.

I'm not so much bothered when them using the ground does not effect us in any way. But we should be wary about the damage to the pitch and we should never have to move our own games for their advantage.

The argument about the cash being welcome in the face of the recently announced financial loss is ludicrous. If the Tigers paid to play a game every day for a year, it still wouldn't go anywhere near meeting that kind of debt.

Perhaps those of us who live away from the City can only see the finance it brings into the Club when the Tigers play.Maybe if we had to live amongst some of the Tigers/Rugby loving fraternity we might see things a little differently.

The pitch is my main concern, but the reaction of some of our fans is overly emotional and may be it is based on your experiences with Tigers fans.

Having lived in Scotland for 11 years I may not have seen this, but I am happy to support all things Leicester, whether that is City, Tigers, the Cricket or the Basketball (even the Speedway in it's day).

I'd be amazed if they switch venues due to the Tiger's crap away form & combined with their form in previous matches at the Walkers.

If it was a Semi on a 'neutral' venue I could understand it, but I think it could be a mountain out of a molehill.

Their best chance of winning is to play at Welford Rd so I think thats where it will be unless the dates correspond with the stand demolishon.

Well said Granite, I've noticed people at the Walkers with Tigers shirts on and I certainly wore my City shirt in Paris in 2001 at the Heineken final, we should all support all things Leicester and Leicestershire.

Personally i like all Leicester teams to do well. As for the tigers its the team i'm interested in not the fans. Maybe its the class divide that causes resentment............lords of the manor on one side and the peasents on the other.

According to a Tiggers fan at work ,they said on the Sky sport commentary at satdee's game that the Bath game would be played at the Walkers on April 12th. He's not happy about his lot playing at our ground either, for that game or the last game.

Not bothered... we'll be promoted by then, so playing on a cut up pitch won't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669