Tim Davies, MDV and Dion Dublin

Status
Not open for further replies.
No not another footballing love triangle bit a serious(ish) comment….

Now that the dust has settled what is the opinion of everyone over the offloading of MDV and Dublin just before the end of the transfer window?
At the time the consensus was this was done with the consultation of the new manager.
We now know this couldn’t have been the case.
So was it done by the board to get rid of a known troublemaker (discuss) and an underperforming, unpopular player (discuss) or as a contingency plan to save money should the unthinkable happen?
Anyhow does it mean that TD is more than just an administrator and is willing to take decisions that have a direct influence on the day to day running of the team?

those decisions are paying off...so far...if td gave the go ahead for those two to go then fair play to him but the job isnt done yet

I think RK was consulted over the MdV offer and ultimately made the decision to let him go.

Likewise with Jason Wilcox.

I dont think that was the case with Dion though as i seem to remember RK saying that this one was the only one he had no say in.

I would say it was done to generate compo money for a new manager.

With RK and MS only installed on a match by match basis at the time, I suspect that TD would make the business decisions about players, where he felt necessary he might have consulted RK for an opinion. Hopefully will consult RK a bit more now.

I reckon Tim took a lot of this in his own hands and made decisions he felt he needed to for the good of the club; these have turned out to be right ones too, which shows how much a fan he is.
I have to say, Dion Dublin's alleged attitude problems are so disappointing. A player with his experience to not be anything bar positive for his 'hometown' club is a disgrace.

Fox From The Hudd said:
Anyhow does it mean that TD is more than just an administrator and is willing to take decisions that have a direct influence on the day to day running of the team?
Yes, for instance, I would guess he was in the driving seat when getting some of the youngsters to sign new contracts, Porter, Sheehan, etc, no doubt after speaking to the coaching staff. That is one of the functions of most chief execs these days.

Last edited:
I reckon Dion went of his own volition - he got an offer from a massive club, and his chances with us were limited, so he snapped it up. But it was clear that nobody went out of their way to stop it from happening.

Came on for Hartson after 63 mins, didn't score. That Polish bloke hit four, and even Lennon scored!

MKFox said:
First for over 4 years or something...

First time in 4 years for you as well on Saturday night with the current Mrs MK I believe MK?

highland fox said:
First time in 4 years for you as well on Saturday night with the current Mrs MK I believe MK?
Saturday afternoon actually....:icon_wink

She did keep asking for the substitute to be brought on.....:icon_conf

MKFox said:
She did keep asking for the substitute to be brought on.....:icon_conf

Well she does need someone who can offer a bit more upfront.:icon_bigg

In a radio interview RK said he made the decision on MDV having been informed of the loan with a view offer.

He also said he would have preferred to keep DD, however DD had already told CL he wanted to move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669