Time to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

You probaly think this is a reference to our strike force. But i'm refering to us the fans. I'm sure most of us have got to scrape our chin's off the floor and it all seems very flat after the cup defeat.
But in two days we go to Watford for what IMO is a far more important game than today. It was only Leeds late goal that kept us from coming within 2 pts of the drop zone. A defeat at Watford and a difficult game at West ham 3 days after could leave us in a tricky position. So time to put todays disapointment behind us, re-focus and put an end to any relegation fears that we have.

PFKAKTF FOX

Totally agree we now have to show the same grit and determination together with the undoubted ability at the club to go out and get some much needed results and us as fans have to get behind the team and roar them to safety and then onto bigger and better things next season.

lcfcrules

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Totally agree we now have to show the same grit and determination together with the undoubted ability at the club to go out and get some much needed results and us as fans have to get behind the team and roar them to safety and then onto bigger and better things next season.

which can easily be Hartlepool here I come, so its 100% spot on to BB, need to focus on the league (afterall there ain't much else to focus on) and see out the remainder of the season in some style to give the fans something to cheer about in what has been, one must admit, a dire, disappointing year.

highland fox

Totally agree with BB,today was a real Pisser but it's gone decent Cup run got us some money but now back to the Bread & Butter stuff of the League.4 points from the next 2 matches would be most welcome.One last thing I thought our support today was fantastic and our fans should be very proud. :smt038

foxes1970

Today's defeat would be esier to take if we had actually given it a go like we did at Charlton. It's ok about saying let's move on and look towards watford but that's just ignoring the probelms that will still exist come tuesday - namely strikers that can't score. De Vires was a disgrace today - how he can call himself a footballer let alone a striker is beyond me. I hope De Vires isn't going to be Levein's scowy ie doesn't matter how rubbish he is he'll always play. Today was negative tactics by Levein - Frediel might have aswell stayed in the dressing for the 2nd half for all the keeping he had to do. It was poor, we were poor and that won't change come tuesday unless both the players and the manager have a long hard look at themselves and decide to play football. :-x

Macky

Gruntled Member
CL was obviously happy to play it out as a draw & settle for a replay , which obviously backfired with the DICKov penalty. But, as whorey as it sounds, at least we can concentrate on the league now.
we've earn't a valuable few pounds out of a cup run, that can now be put to good use, player funds; making sure the 'no smoking' signs on the concourse area are well maintained; keeping the toilet facilities clean & comfortable etc, etc,

Brauny Blue

foxes1970 said:
Today's defeat would be esier to take if we had actually given it a go like we did at Charlton. It's ok about saying let's move on and look towards watford but that's just ignoring the probelms that will still exist come tuesday - namely strikers that can't score. De Vires was a disgrace today - how he can call himself a footballer let alone a striker is beyond me. I hope De Vires isn't going to be Levein's scowy ie doesn't matter how rubbish he is he'll always play. Today was negative tactics by Levein - Frediel might have aswell stayed in the dressing for the 2nd half for all the keeping he had to do. It was poor, we were poor and that won't change come tuesday unless both the players and the manager have a long hard look at themselves and decide to play football. :-x

While the game was frustrating i disagree with most of your very negative reaction.
For starters we within 10 mins from a replay of which most people would have hailed them as heros regardless of the performance.
They are not in the prem and us 19th in the championship for nothing.
They were strong favourites for the game, because they are a division above and at the moment have better players than us.
If you think CL tactics were negative then what do you think he should have done given the players at his disposal. Yes the game was poor and i agree De Vries didn't do it for me either, but your expectations are not realistic , because our team is not strong enough or confident enough to bomb forward against better quality teams

foxes1970

Macky said:
CL was obviously happy to play it out as a draw & settle for a replay , which obviously backfired with the DICKov penalty. But, as whorey as it sounds, at least we can concentrate on the league now.
we've earn't a valuable few pounds out of a cup run, that can now be put to good use, player funds; making sure the 'no smoking' signs on the concourse area are well maintained; keeping the toilet facilities clean & comfortable etc, etc,

Eaxtra money to ensure De Vires stable has fresh straw and carrots aplenty!

foxes1970

Brauny Blue said:
foxes1970 said:

While the game was frustrating i disagree with most of your very negative reaction.
For starters we within 10 mins from a replay of which most people would have hailed them as heros regardless of the performance.
They were strong favourites for the game, because they are a division above and at the moment have better players than us.
If you think CL tactics were negative then what do you think he should have done given the players at his disposal. Yes the game was poor and i agree De Vries didn't do it for me either, but your expectations are not realistic , because our team is not strong enough or confident enough to bomb forward against better quality teams

I don't buy this 'they're in a dvision above us' excuse by anyone's standards Blackburn are a poor side and we should have got at them. What other options did Levein have? Connolly to do the same job as dickov - get at blackburn's defence cause problems/run around/get in behind them. But we got De Vires lumbering around the pitch.

highland fox

I would have liked to have seen us try and win the game instead of trying not to lose it and I thought we might have given Blackburn too much 'respect' in hindsight but I don't think Connolly would have made any difference especially up there on his own and although he hardly had a Blinder IMO the criticism of MDV is harsh.If you are up there alone you need support and runners from midfield for which we only had Williams.Still we all see things differently and some will always find a 'Scapegoat'

Brauny Blue

foxes1970 said:
Brauny Blue said:
foxes1970 said:

I don't buy this 'they're in a dvision above us' excuse by anyone's standards Blackburn are a poor side and we should have got at them. What other options did Levein have? Connolly to do the same job as dickov - get at blackburn's defence cause problems/run around/get in behind them. But we got De Vires lumbering around the pitch.

Blackburn maybe a poor side by prem standards , but so are we in the championship.
CL plan would have been for De Vries to hold the ball up for the midfield to get up and give support. IMO connolly would not have had much more joy than De Vries . If we had 2 up front then they would have exposed the complete lack of pace in our flat back four.Thus the defensive tactics CL employed.
BTW which DC have you been looking at this season , cos if you think he was the answer today then i suggest you have another peep at his goal scoring record this season

foxes1970

Brauny Blue said:
foxes1970 said:
Brauny Blue said:
foxes1970 said:

Blackburn maybe a poor side by prem standards , but so are we in the championship.
CL plan would have been for De Vries to hold the ball up for the midfield to get up and give support. IMO connolly would not have had much more joy than De Vries . If we had 2 up front then they would have exposed the complete lack of pace in our flat back four.Thus the defensive tactics CL employed.
BTW which DC have you been looking at this season , cos if you think he was the answer today then i suggest you have another peep at his goal scoring record this season

Agreed connolly isn't up to much but what little pace he has (over none for MDV) he could have harried their defence like dickov did with us. I'm not trying to make MDV a scapegoat but I am very disappointed with what I've seen of him - almost makes me want to ring joe royle and ask for scowy back.

agreed there were 2 poor teams out there today 1 from PL and 1 from CL but felt that poor standard shown by both blurred the difference between the divisions. I just feel that blackburn were ripe for the taking if we had gone there and looked for the win instead of the draw/replay.

Brauny Blue

I don't think city would have gave a monkeys on how poor the game was if they had got a draw out of it. IMO we deserved a draw for the way we battled. It wasn't pretty but Walker did not have much to do in the game so we must have got some part of it right.
Poor performances against the likes of Brighton, Watford and Rovrum concern me far more than todays efforts. Anyway this thread was started on a positive note, and my message to everyone is GET OVER IT, and quickly because theres an important game on Tuesday.

Redditch Fox

highland fox said:
I would have liked to have seen us try and win the game instead of trying not to lose it and I thought we might have given Blackburn too much 'respect' in hindsight but I don't think Connolly would have made any difference especially up there on his own and although he hardly had a Blinder IMO the criticism of MDV is harsh.If you are up there alone you need support and runners from midfield for which we only had Williams.Still we all see things differently and some will always find a 'Scapegoat'

I'd agree with some of that. MDV is not going to score many goals for us - he is not good enough to make a big impression down here. However, he did a very decent job in the first half -was badly treated by the ref -had to watch his step all the second half because of the yellow card. Connolly is HOPELESS - he has been a disaster as a finisher.

CL's tactics nearly came off in the sense that we nearly got a second match (and a lot more cash)- in my opinion we would have lost the replay because we would have been obliged to press forward more. However, I think his tactic's were absolutely professional and right.

CL is having to contend with the disastrous mistakes of the recent past - including the generous donation to other clubs of all our best players last summer.

I'm certain that we will not be relegated and we have had the bonus of a decent cup run - but without the remotest chance of winning it. so be it.

tsmiggy

well done

after what we have been through,to get to the last eight was a achievement,so well done lads,and lets get behind the team,and make sure we can do great things in the championship next season :lol: :p

highland fox

I still find the 'slating' of MDV on here and on the Real LCFC forum odd to say the least.It seems LCFC fans are never happier than when they are on a 'Witch Hunt' if it's not Jordan it's de Vries or Dublin or Dabizas,we lost ....no one player in particular is too blame.OK some were worsre than others.CL rates De Vries highly,how many full games has he played? give the guy a break....or even a chance!

lcfcrules

MDV was a lone striker, with shit balls launched up to him which gave him no chance what so ever, it wasnt his fault that we planned to play negative hoof ball. You can say Dickov was playing alone and did better, but thats bcoz our defence couldnt knock it about like Blackburn's defence could, they kept the ball and MDV had no chance to chase it down by himself, whereas our defense couldnt pass and gave Dickov things to snare at.
I admit, he had a poor game, but we hardly gave him the service did we?

DesertFox

Did I see a different game? OK, Blackburn aren't Chelsea, but they are a better side than we are at the moment. They are in the Prem, not making any waves but they're not going down either. They are a mid-Prem side, which is what we really aspire to, and just about all we can hope to be in the modern game. If Blackburn are a "poor" side, then I hope we can improve to be considered "poor" at some time in the next few years! It'd be nice to see us playing like AC Milan, but it ain't gonna happen guys.

It was not "the beautiful game" out there, but we competed with a decent enough team, had the better of the second half, and were pretty unlucky to go out. It's all very well saying it was a negative approach, but if it had worked Levein would have been hailed as a master tactician. At least we went into the game with a plan! That's a big improvement on the last few years. And we played with passion and commitment, which, considering Walker is probably the only player in the current team with over 50 appearances for the club, was also good to see. Long may it continue.

Imagine if we'd have gone out all guns blazing - how often does that work, really? Especially with us firing blanks at the moment. We could have been 2 or 3 down inside half an hour, and that would have been that, game over. Let's face it - we don't have the players for it, so it makes sense to play to our strengths, which we did. Anything else would have been tactical suicide.

All in all, after the depressing crap that has been on display of late, I feel we are starting to make good progress under Levein and, assuming we stay up :eek: I think we'll do well next season.

Cheer up, for feck's sake! :p

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I thought we played much better at Charlton, who played much better than Blackburn did.
Dodgy penalty, "Sh*t ground, no fans". Can you believe only 15000 Blackburn fans turned up?
Still, good run. Gave us money for a couple more players.
Let's consolidate our position, ie not get relegated and move on to next season.
I would certainly seriously consider giving contracts to Dublin and Gillespie, which I would not not have thought likely 3 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669