tit for tat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petrescu said:
FNQ said:
There's no need to feel sorry for him, just understand the situation. Its about time you showed a little more respect for Micky after all he has done for the club, when many managers would have jumped ship.
Why would he do that, that would harm his career. Yes he's been through a hard time last season but he chose to manage. If he cant hack it he'd of left, he proved he can take the pressure but this summer his signings and interests in players are shocking to say the least. Wilcox and McAteer and shockers, and then theres the players we thankfully missed out on.. Hayles. And then the players we are interested in, Don Hutchinson and Dougie Freedmen. He aint beyond critism. I praised him for releasing the shit and then getting Williams. But he's taking the experience too far. I respect him but i dont like what he;'s doing so i say so.

I have no idea if the likes of McAteer, Wilcox etc will be any good, they may turn out to be great signings. Don't you think you should give them a chance before slagging them off?

Who would you have signed (for free) instead?

You respect him by calling him names. You should be criticising the money men in the Taylor era. No blame can be apportioned to Micky Adams, it's out of his hands.

webmaster said:
Petrescu said:
FNQ said:
There's no need to feel sorry for him, just understand the situation. Its about time you showed a little more respect for Micky after all he has done for the club, when many managers would have jumped ship.
Why would he do that, that would harm his career. Yes he's been through a hard time last season but he chose to manage. If he cant hack it he'd of left, he proved he can take the pressure but this summer his signings and interests in players are shocking to say the least. Wilcox and McAteer and shockers, and then theres the players we thankfully missed out on.. Hayles. And then the players we are interested in, Don Hutchinson and Dougie Freedmen. He aint beyond critism. I praised him for releasing the shit and then getting Williams. But he's taking the experience too far. I respect him but i dont like what he;'s doing so i say so.

I have no idea if the likes of McAteer, Wilcox etc will be any good, they may turn out to be great signings. Don't you think you should give them a chance before slagging them off?

Who would you have signed (for free) instead?
Its not a case of who would i have signed. Its who i wouldnt of signed. I wouldnt sign players who struggle to play 10 games a season due to injuries.
I'm sure all Micky does is watch sky sports hoping some club to release some experienced player on a free and he gets straight in there.

Petrescu said:
Its not a case of who would i have signed. Its who i wouldnt of signed.

Which is why your in no position to criticise Micky Adams. Your obviously clueless.

FNQ said:
Petrescu said:
Its not a case of who would i have signed. Its who i wouldnt of signed.

Which is why your in no position to criticise Micky Adams. Your obviously clueless.
I'd try and get some players on loan as ive said numerous times. Every other club uses this option.

FNQ said:
I didn't think you liked 1 year contracts.
I dont but we only use them for the over 30's. At least with loans they may have a bit more talent, be less injury prone and not be on the wrong side of 30.

Don't you think if it was as simple as that we'd be getting in these kids who are more talented than Dion Dublin on a loan for the season? You should stop and ask yourself why not a single team in division 1 has loaned in any youngsters from the Premiership. Youngsters who are more talented than Dion Dublin and cost nothing.

Why do you automatically think that younger players will have more talent. There's few players in the league with as much talent as Dublin.

Why are we using Dion Dublin as the example to prove me wrong? I've already said its the other 3 im not happy with.

Because you have stated on numerous occasions that you are not happy with the signing. If you are happy with this signing afterall why don't you congratulate Micky Adams on the coup?

I doubt we would be able to get players onloan with more talent than Mcateer. These are the types of signings we are able to make.

Signing

What planet are you lot on?

1. We have NO MONEY!
2. We need a blend of experience and youth, who is to say MA will not play some of the younger player when appropriate.
3. The experinenced player maybe be the ones to win the matches in the lower league, if they do not then they go after a year. It will be difficult to get out first time this season!
4. The younger player do not have the gile or experience to get us out of this division.
5. There may be more players, but we cannot afford the young talent.
6. Would a different manager do any better with meager funds? to many youth teams player would be a folly.

Last year with the older player with a bit of luck we would have survived, the line between failure and success is a fine one in football, look at England.

Petrescu said:
FNQ said:
I didn't think you liked 1 year contracts.
I dont but we only use them for the over 30's. At least with loans they may have a bit more talent, be less injury prone and not be on the wrong side of 30.

If the players are only on a one year contract anyway, be it due to the contract length or length of the loan, why does the age matter at all?

As long as they have the ability and can keep going, if you've only got the player for 1 year no matter what, then why does it matter how old they are?

Jesus christ, if we apparently have NO money, imagine if we'd finished 20th in the prem. We'd probably have had to release the entire squad. The tit for tat argument is valid, as you may as well have kept the initial players in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363