Title Challenge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand there are new words to the Winter Wonderland tune:

Stamford Bridge, are you listening?
Get that Prem trophy glistening,
Cos we're coming in May, to take it away
Shitting on the Chelsea as we go

Now I preface my reply with the knowing comment that my record of football betting isn't the finest, but . . .

I don't agree with this proposition at all. That isn't the position. The actual position is the person took £72k and gave up the chance of £178k more for what is a pretty unique even money bet from here on in.

I only accept taking the money makes sense if the person concerned is in desperate need of money. Otherwise, he's bottled it. He's already bottled £19k for the sake of one game. The offer wouldn't have reduced to the same extent had we lost.

I think the offer will only get better the longer the season goes on, even if we lost a couple. Only if it genuinely looked like we were going badly wrong would it be the right decision and then it should not be made before mid-April.

This isn't a game of Deal of no Deal. The situation is totally different.

The other point I'd make is about this being an opportunity that will not be repeated. He's given up his best chance of making serious money for the sake of paying off the mortgage and a holiday in Spain. That's not something anyone is taking into account but is the main issue for me. If you've got an even money chance at £250k, you don't bottle it for 29% of the bet.

If you're that kind of person, you shouldn't be putting the bet on in the first place.

Let's take a moment to think about those dopey feckwits that didn't have the balls to hold onto their bets on us winning the league.

Ah the shield, I guess we should be hoping the shittest possible team wins the FA Cup. Got to be a good chance of winning that too when Man U are the best team left in it xD

I am proud to announce the my 5 year old son is in the bath telling his 6 year old sister that 'Jamie Vardy's having a party'! I am a proud dad!

I am proud to announce the my 5 year old son is in the bath telling his 6 year old sister that 'Jamie Vardy's having a party'! I am a proud dad!
I'd check what he's doing with the blue shampoo and the bath salts.

I'd check what he's doing with the blue shampoo and the bath salts.
Haha! He is just starting to get interested in football - what a brilliant time! He keeps telling his Man Utd supporting grandad (my father in-law) that Leics are 1st!

Changing subject, I keep having this horrible thought that it will go to the final day. If it does, I will take a long walk on my own. It will be unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363