To the married blokes...

What the actual **** is going on here ?

Nowt wrong with being compared favourably to other women's blokes...but thinking back to my early 30s I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have wanted it to be based on my ability to clean the bog or produce a memorable roast chicken.

I don't recognise my country anymore. Maybe I should get back on the drugs.

I'm probably more like you than you'd imagine.

Me?
We got married in 1992 and we have been V. happy, together, since.
The wife hasn't 'worked' for 10-15 years (medical issues), and she is a housewife (remember them?). I work full time.
She does the housework, cooking, cleaning etc - I do the washing-up, the gutters, the shifting, the plumbing - the man stuff, and we're great.

We raised our only son (still at home, far better job than me!) and he's decent (not going out stealing cars).

It's a good family life - we know each other, respect each other. We know, this is probably how things were 60 years ago and the kind of life you don't hear much about these days but is probably not uncommon.

No, that is not true. Things do not fall through the solid glass shelves.

Might do if you have an older fridge with the wire shelves though, I suppose.
Oh yes.. Just checked with Mrs boc. Apparently on the boat and at home our fridges have glass shelves. How would I have known that?

Oh yes.. Just checked with Mrs boc. Apparently on the boat and at home our fridges have glass shelves. How would I have known that?
I dunno Bob, maybe have a look in the fridge (the cold thing on top of or next to the very cold thing).

It’ll tell what is depressing; how bitter and toxic everything has to be. It’s a thread about domestic stuff, nothing more. I don’t know why you’re trying to project something greater on to it but I ain’t your ****ing enemy man.

Here’s me, I’m spite of all the available evidence, trying to be reasonable on the internet, guess you get what you deserve!
OK

You need to brace yourself now.

Originally my reply was supposed to have been a gentle jab at the somewhat amusing next generation traits that do actually make me giggle a touch. However, on reading it back it doesn't really come across like that.

It read more like a miserable old **** yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

So, as I said, you need to brace yourself for whats coming.

An apology.

Almost unheard of so I'd frame it if I were you.

Sorry Ted. It was more severe than it needed to be. Homer's was at least funny.

Yesterday wasn't a good day thanks to a not fantastic doctor's appointment & coming on here was the first thing I did after getting home from it. Probably not wise.

Next time I'll stick to just drinking too much before posting.

OK

You need to brace yourself now.

Originally my reply was supposed to have been a gentle jab at the somewhat amusing next generation traits that do actually make me giggle a touch. However, on reading it back it doesn't really come across like that.

It read more like a miserable old **** yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

So, as I said, you need to brace yourself for whats coming.

An apology.

Almost unheard of so I'd frame it if I were you.

Sorry Ted. It was more severe than it needed to be. Homer's was at least funny.

Yesterday wasn't a good day thanks to a not fantastic doctor's appointment & coming on here was the first thing I did after getting home from it. Probably not wise.

Next time I'll stick to just drinking too much before posting.
Not at all GUAW, I think we just bumped off each other. No harm done mate. I know you’ve had your health issues and I hope you’re doing alright.

Been in a funny mood myself recently, a bit sensitive perhaps… Like I say, no harm done and thanks for clarifying.

Hands up, who on here pays for the services of a cleaner to keep their pad clean?

Nobody who’s met you believes you’ve never opened the fridge
I honestly thought the fridges had wire rack shelves still. The fridge at home is about four years old. The one on the boat about half that. Everything i need seems to be on the door racks. I can't recall seeing these glass shelves.

I honestly thought the fridges had wire rack shelves still. The fridge at home is about four years old. The one on the boat about half that. Everything i need seems to be on the door racks. I can't recall seeing these glass shelves.
Mrs Boc obviously cleans them well!

Or your eyes are going.

Jesus, Porkie - posh seats now a slave too!?!

The only people I have met in real life from Melton have been proper wrong 'uns with very questionable blood lines.

Fair play to you Sir!

I'm pretty sure you do get fridges with wire rack shelves, and pretty sure I had one once upon a time.

**** me, you've got me thinking about it now. What the actual **** is happening here? Start of the season can't come soon enough.

Dear lord, 6:30am and I checked. Believe it or not, I went and looked at the shelves in both of our fridges and both are glass. But I knew that. Yet for some ridiculous reason, it became something I had to check. So now I find myself wondering 'when did they stop selling fridges with wire rack shelves?'* I've gone 'round the twist.

Edit: all I didn' t need to know...

(* the answer is, they didn't, wire shelved fridges are still sold)

Last edited:
Jesus, Porkie - posh seats now a slave too!?!

The only people I have met in real life from Melton have been proper wrong 'uns with very questionable blood lines.

Fair play to you Sir!
My dad is from London and my mum is from Newcastle, so I haven’t got a long family history here. My wife is in the same boat, as both her parents are from County Durham. You could argue that we’ve got questionable blood lines too there though :icon lol:

There are wronguns here, but not necessarily any more so than anywhere else. The wronguns here are generally those that live here but have never lived or been anywhere else, so they have a very narrow view of the world, which again is probably the same as most other places.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563