Todays Cake News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under common law a Jaffa cake is a cake as defined in the McVitie's Vs HM Customs & Excise case.

Chocolate covered biscuits are subject to VAT. Cakes, including Jaffa cakes, are not.

Besides, only an imbecile would call a Jaffa cake a biscuit when it is obviously a sponge based product.

Definition - A sweet baked food made of flour, liquid, eggs, and other ingredients, such as raising agents and flavorings

If flavourings include peppermint is Kendal mint allowed??

Been a bad day for Lemon Drizzle though,two or three pieces but it never really got going.Got a Pecan and Toffee in the Kitchenn could well debut tomorrow
A certain future best seller there HF, you really are up on your cakes. Ever thought about the Jamacain Ginger cake or the all time favorite Coffee and Walnut?

The daddy of them all................ The Dundee Cake

Under common law a Jaffa cake is a cake as defined in the McVitie's Vs HM Customs & Excise case.

Chocolate covered biscuits are subject to VAT. Cakes, including Jaffa cakes, are not.

Besides, only an imbecile would call a Jaffa cake a biscuit when it is obviously a sponge based product.

You can stick your laws, rules and regulations right up your jacksie

The rightful place for a Jaffa Cake is on a plate nuzzling between the Hob-Nobs and the Rich Tea Fingers - NOT next to a nice slice of Victoria Sandwich or a Chocolate Sponge.

I'm sure it'll make a very popular addition to HF's Highland Cake Selection :icon_roll

And the next time you go and visit Great Aunt Iris and she brings you over a cup of tea and whispers "I've got a nice bit of cake in for you - I'll just go and get it", the doddering old git isn't going to come back with a feckin' Jaffa Cake is she ?

Frankly I just cannot believe the level of Cake Etiquette on this forum. It's an absolute disgrace

You can stick your laws, rules and regulations right up your jacksie

The rightful place for a Jaffa Cake is on a plate nuzzling between the Hob-Nobs and the Rich Tea Fingers - NOT next to a nice slice of Victoria Sandwich or a Chocolate Sponge.

I'm sure it'll make a very popular addition to HF's Highland Cake Selection :icon_roll

And the next time you go and visit Great Aunt Iris and she brings you over a cup of tea and whispers "I've got a nice bit of cake in for you - I'll just go and get it", the doddering old git isn't going to come back with a feckin' Jaffa Cake is she ?

Frankly I just cannot believe the level of Cake Etiquette on this forum. It's an absolute disgrace

Quite,they will be suggesting Pennywise Bourbons next:icon_roll

Where do you stand on the important tea-cake issue?

A certain future best seller there HF, you really are up on your cakes. Ever thought about the Jamacain Ginger cake or the all time favorite Coffee and Walnut?

The daddy of them all................ The Dundee Cake

Dundee is too similar to Cherry and Sultana.Coffee and Walnut has made the odd appearance along with the Jamaican Ginger (if its on offer in Morrisons)

No update today, and it's starting to worry me

It is possible that he went with the Pecan and Toffee, and business has been so brisk that he hasn't had time to tell us about it

But I am more worried that he has listened to the commoners on here and served up Battenburg or, god help us all, stuck some Jaffa Cakes in.

It might have caused a riot

I love cake.

Anyone remember the "cake" in Brass Eye?

CakeBrassEye_468x306.jpg

:081: :081: :081:

Biscuits on a plate?

Are you the queen?

Biscuits should be eaten straight from the packet.

A queen, maybe, but not the queen

She lives in Buckinghamshire........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673