Todorov has gone to Charlton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

MM will not get guilty players in just by spin and good wages.
He got the club on the cheap and seems to want players the same way.
I just wish we didn't have the bull.... and could see realistically where we are. It will take more than one season to get up to the playoffs. I would say several teams are shaping up as stronger, even without including those relegated.
Im a MM fan but hes in danger if outsmarting himself.

Why the feck would a player come here?! If we offered the same money as Charlton (And they are in a position to offer more), why would he come here?

sparky79

it's near the National Space Centre, good access to Fosse Park and The Shires. Multi culturalism, less than 2 hours to London. East Midlands airport has some pretty good routes these days too

sparky79

Jeff Hughes, reported Leicester target has just gone to Palace aswell.
But we gazumped everyone with the Cort deal though.

Matt_B

it's near the National Space Centre, good access to Fosse Park and The Shires. Multi culturalism, less than 2 hours to London. East Midlands airport has some pretty good routes these days too

You are joking I take it?

Lako42

i could have come up with something better than that in my sleep.

escos66

you mean negative opinions surely :icon_lol:

I think its more that everyone (including myself) is getting dissapointed that we are not signing players that are only rumoured to be coming here! And if we dont sign any so called big names we will just have to get on with it get behind our team and see what happens come may

Matt_B

I am going to go onto footy rumours, start a rumour about us signing Crouch, then wait for him to go to Man City just so we can all have a good cry over it

sparky79

i haven't got a sense of humour,
but i'm developing one, for the upcoming season.
although i've got a sneaking suspicion that we've got a couple of little beauties on the way soon. and bob will be your uncle, we'll all be unnaturally positive again.
we got to the play offs in the early ninetieswith agnew, lewis, coatsworth, gibson, droyd, willis, carey, philpott, thompson etc. none of them world beaters or big signings (admittedly joachim and walsh were pretty good players and thompson could hold on to the ball)
it's all about the team, a full house and the rub of the green early in the season i suppose.

OldGit

I am going to go onto footy rumours, start a rumour about us signing Crouch, then wait for him to go to Man City just so we can all have a good cry over it

:038::038::038:

escos66

i haven't got a sense of humour,
but i'm developing one, for the upcoming season.
although i've got a sneaking suspicion that we've got a couple of little beauties on the way soon. and bob will be your uncle, we'll all be unnaturally positive again.
we got to the play offs in the early ninetieswith agnew, lewis, coatsworth, gibson, droyd, willis, carey, philpott, thompson etc. none of them world beaters or big signings (admittedly joachim and walsh were pretty good players and thompson could hold on to the ball)
it's all about the team, a full house and the rub of the green early in the season i suppose.

Also this season we will have something we havnt had for ages a chance of strengthening in january if things are not quite going to plan

Nottingham Fox

Didnt realise that had gone through!

I don't think it has officially yet, but it was like MM coming here. Once the deal had been agreed (although no signed) he could start to make moves. I think this is what is happening at Wolves.

Simon

I don't think it has officially yet, but it was like MM coming here. Once the deal had been agreed (although no signed) he could start to make moves. I think this is what is happening at Wolves.

When did that happen with us? We were buggered in terms of signings until MM took over- we never made any moves when the takeover was process was going on.

We only managed to make 3 loan signings because we sold Gareth Williams or Martin George decided to flash his cash (whichever story you believe).

consty

When did that happen with us? We were buggered in terms of signings until MM took over- we never made any moves when the takeover was process was going on.

We only managed to make 3 loan signings because we sold Gareth Williams or Martin George decided to flash his cash (whichever story you believe).

I find the last suggestion a bit hard to believe... Martin George has never spent a penny of his own money on LCFC.

Brown Nose

Delighted that Todorov isn't coming here. Will be very surprised if he pulls up any trees at Charlton. Five years ago, he was a good striker. Five years ago, Dickov was a great striker but I wouldn't want him back either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669