Confirmed Transfer Tom Lawrence

Status
Not open for further replies.
A worrying trend at Man Utd, selling off young, promising British talent and brining in eye poppingly expensive foreign players

Can't say I'm particularly worried about them sending us young talent like a good feeder club should.

Graz, where are the Man U dissenters? Not questioning that you are correct but would like to see some of their comments on this player.

Sit next to two Man U fans at work, one of whom is gutted and one of whom is disappointed but thinks that £1m is a decent price for no more than potential.

All this talk about the player is all well and good, but honestly let's get our priorities right...

How did we compare to Foxes Talk in announcing this transfer? Were we quick enough to beat them?

And does he make the Pearson 11 dream team?

This is something we must take seriously.

Last edited:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KDuXPO7OLA

Great potential. I'd give him as much first team action as possible this season - that's one way he will really learn. Throw him in the deep end. I assume that's what NP has said that we have to offer - he clearly wasn't getting near the first team at Manure otherwise he wouldn't have been sold.

It's being reported at the Man Ure end that there was some disagreement within the club about selling him to us. Also, that they have inserted a 'buy back' clause into the deal giving them first option on re-signing him.

This is pure speculation on my part, but it may be that they wanted both him and Powell loaned out to other Premier League clubs. We were the interested club in both but I believe that we're only allowed to loan one player from another Premier club. Therefore, either they loan Lawrence or Powell to a Championship side or agree to sell one of them using this 'but back' thing.

I know any player can look on Youtube, but seeing all these clips of Lawrence the most impressive thing is that I can't tell if he's left or right footed. Its so rare to players dribbling with the ball and constantly switching foot.

Last edited:
It's being reported at the Man Ure end that there was some disagreement within the club about selling him to us. Also, that they have inserted a 'buy back' clause into the deal giving them first option on re-signing him.

This is pure speculation on my part, but it may be that they wanted both him and Powell loaned out to other Premier League clubs. We were the interested club in both but I believe that we're only allowed to loan one player from another Premier club. Therefore, either they loan Lawrence or Powell to a Championship side or agree to sell one of them using this 'but back' thing.

The buy back option is only effective if we want to sell I believe? They can't just roll up and buy him back when they feel like it.

Is it possible for the "buy back clause" to have a maximum amount too? For example, he might be valued at 15m. but the contract is written that the most Man. U. would pay is 10m.

Is it possible for the "buy back clause" to have a maximum amount too? For example, he might be valued at 15m. but the contract is written that the most Man. U. would pay is 10m.
I would doubt that although I have no proof. I would guess that if an offer came in say for £5 million manure would have the option of matching this price, also if there was a couple of offers then manure would have the chance of matching the top offer. But again this is pure speculation. I do wonder where this rumour of a 'buy back' clause in the sale has come from. I did see on a manure forum a fan saying that he hoped there was such a clause, and maybe its taken off from that. Don't ask me which one I was looking at twitter, plus forums and I just happened to see it. Has anyone confirmed such a clause at either club?

The buy back option is only effective if we want to sell I believe? They can't just roll up and buy him back when they feel like it.

I would doubt that although I have no proof. I would guess that if an offer came in say for £5 million manure would have the option of matching this price, also if there was a couple of offers then manure would have the chance of matching the top offer. But again this is pure speculation. I do wonder where this rumour of a 'buy back' clause in the sale has come from. I did see on a manure forum a fan saying that he hoped there was such a clause, and maybe its taken off from that. Don't ask me which one I was looking at twitter, plus forums and I just happened to see it. Has anyone confirmed such a clause at either club?

Man Utd fans were quite irate about alleged no buy-back clause for Ravel Morrison when he moved to WHU, so it wouldn't surprise me if the Utd PR team 'leaked' this detail.

And most such rumours are reasonably accurate with details like this, although there are the odd complete cock-and-bull story.

If that is how it works it's pretty pointless, as if we are willing to sell we are hardly going to turn down a matching bid.

Unless a price or discount is agreed upon why would anyone bother?

If that is how it works it's pretty pointless, as if we are willing to sell we are hardly going to turn down a matching bid.

Unless a price or discount is agreed upon why would anyone bother?

They will have first refusal and first chance to talk to the player. Fabregas, this summer, wasn't able to talk to Chelsea until Arsenal had ruled themselves out.

Thanks.

Are there any cases of such a clause being used to buy a player back?

'Give Me Sport' are reporting a story by James Ducker of the 'Times' according to this manure have a 'buy back' clause, but there is no no hint of a source so it could be shite.

'Give Me Sport' are reporting a story by James Ducker of the 'Times' according to this manure have a 'buy back' clause, but there is no no hint of a source so it could be shite.

I would be shocked if they hadn't done this, considering how highly they rated him and given they had no financial reason to sell him. if he turns out to be 'a player' , it might be that we have paid a million quid for a few year loan and then receive ten mill more for developing him when he could never have got the experience at man u. Time will tell

I'm reasonably sure ( Boc of Jeff may correct me ) that because of his age Man U would be entitled to some sort of percentage of any sale we may make in the future.

Perhaps they simply have first option should we choose to sell him at any stage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566