Tony Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK maybe tosser was a bit too strong. But when i found out he had been sacked by Sydney, my immediate responce was one of dread. I thought ''God Milan please dont hire this guy''. But when i read on BBC that he'd signed for Brentford i have to admit i was relieved. I just do not rate him as a manager. Good players do not always make good managers.

Remember Frank McLintock?

do you?

Yeah well i dont like arguing. Its just not me. I was wrong. I apologise. I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry.
I'm flattered you feel the need to apologise Foxello, but you really don't need to.

I walk away with the smug satisfaction I usually do, an apology only serves to boost my ego :icon_wink :icon_lol:

What's he got to do with Terry Butcher?

Well when we brought in McLintock as manager, everyone said he would be a godsend. Did'nt quite happen did it? I was just pointing out that good players do not always make good managers.

I'm flattered you feel the need to apologise Foxello, but you really don't need to.

I walk away with the smug satisfaction I usually do, an apology only serves to boost my ego :icon_wink :icon_lol:

Tosser

Well when we brought in McLintock as manager, everyone said he would be a godsend. Did'nt quite happen did it? I was just pointing out that good players do not always make good managers.
Terry Butcher wasn't just a good player.

He was proud to wear the shirt, he was passionate, and he cared. On top of that he is a genuinely nice bloke with none of the arrogance and rudeness that today's players suffer with. He's a legend on and off the pitch as far as I'm concerned.

When him and Stuart Pearce retired, English football took a turn for the worse

Terry Butcher wasn't just a good player.

He was proud to wear the shirt, he was passionate, and he cared. On top of that he is a genuinely nice bloke with none of the arrogance and rudeness that today's players suffer with. He's a legend on and off the pitch as far as I'm concerned.

When him and Stuart Pearce retired, English football took a turn for the worse

Im not disputing that. I just think he's a bollox manager.

You've made a statement with little knowledge or evidence to back it up. McLintock irrelevant to this debate esp. when you consider Butcher in general, he's had two bad terms as a manager and two good un's in very difficult circumstance.

The use of McLintock's baffling, as mentioned with BG, the only thing you know of him was that he was a City player who went onto become of the worst LCFC managers ever.

You've made a statement with little knowledge or evidence to back it up. McLintock irrelevant to this debate esp. when you consider Butcher in general, he's had two bad terms as a manager and two good un's in very difficult circumstance.

The use of McLintock's baffling, as mentioned with BG, the only thing you know of him was that he was a City player who went onto become of the worst LCFC managers ever.

:038: :038: :038: "The worst" manager ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670