Tony Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your reason for calling him a tosser??

Since when did this become the Terry Butcher fan club?

He wasn't really a tosser has a manager.

He managed Motherwell away from relegation of the SPL when in Admin and he won the Aussie League with Sydney the other year.

Right so if he became manager of City today you'd be happy?

Come on Foxello tell us more about Butcher being a tosser

No englishman over the age of 30 would consider him anything more than a bleeding hero....literally!!! the day after St George's day as well....wash your mouth out!!!

His record (from Wikipedia)

Managerial and coaching career
After the World Cup, Butcher quit international football with 77 caps and three goals to his name. He left Rangers on 15 November 1990 to become player-manager of Coventry City, at one month short of 32 he was the youngest manager in the league on his appointment. He played six First Division games that season before retiring as a player. He was unable to return the Sky Blues to the form they had shown under his predecessor John Sillett, and was sacked on 6 January 1992 with relegation looking increasingly likely - although survival was narrowly achieved under his replacement Don Howe.

In February 1993 he returned to management with Sunderland, re-registering himself as a player nearly two years after his last game. He achieved survival at the end of the 1992-93 season, but was sacked the following December with Sunderland still struggling at the wrong end of Division One.

In 2001 he became assistant to Eric Black at Motherwell, taking over from Black a year later as the club was forced to deal with severe financial difficulties, which have since largely abated and Butcher has been praised by the club's supporters and media for his performance under those difficult circumstances. Motherwell reached the 2005 Scottish League Cup final, where his old team Rangers defeated them 5-1.

After being linked with a possible move to Sydney FC for several weeks, he was announced as their new head coach on May 17, 2006,[2] signing a two-year contract. On 7 February 2007, Terry Butcher was sacked by Sydney FC after being knocked out of the finals series with a 3-2 aggregate loss to the Newcastle Jets.[3]

On 30 March 2007, he was appointed as assistant coach at Partick Thistle FC. However, this was to be a short lived appointment as he became the manager of Brentford F.C on 24 April 2007.

[edit] Other Activities
Butcher can be frequently heard as a summariser, usually at England matches, on BBC Radio Five Live and occasional UEFA Cup matches on Five (TV). Butcher also worked for the BBC during the 2006 FIFA World Cup, after which he fully recommenced his work with Sydney FC (i.e. from July 10, 2006). He was also used as an in game commentator in the first Pro Evolution Soccer video game, and in Nintendo 64 game International Superstar Soccer 2000, along with main commentator Chris James.

Is it just "Butchers" in general that you dislike?
Did you have a nasty incident with a leg of lamb?

Your opinion Foxello, not Wikipeadia's

I put it to you Foxello that your lack of answer to my question means you think you are talking bollox

Last edited:
OK maybe tosser was a bit too strong. But when i found out he had been sacked by Sydney, my immediate responce was one of dread. I thought ''God Milan please dont hire this guy''. But when i read on BBC that he'd signed for Brentford i have to admit i was relieved. I just do not rate him as a manager. Good players do not always make good managers.

Remember Frank McLintock?

OK, don't need to read past this line. Another ****ing argument won with very little effort.

Yeah well i dont like arguing. Its just not me. I was wrong. I apologise. I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669