Has to be Derek Dougan must be a place for him in there.Unquestionable
heading ability,electrifying pace.once saw him score two goals in a three
miniute spell in the Kop at Anfield v Liverpool opening game of the 66/67
season.Charisma,Characte,Personality,for me The"Doog" had them all he
was absolute magic.

Welcome mcrudden.

Welcome:039:

had any luck with the memorabilia yet?

Was a great character - leicester did indeed rescue his career, pity he only stayed a short time.

Last edited:
tried ebay? couple of books there.

mccrudden said:
Nothing yet,there must be some photos of The "Doog" out there
some where .Look in the loft anywere PLEASE.

Somebody want pictures of Derek Dougan?

Here we go then:

babydougan.jpg

The Doog in 1938

douganvwham66.jpg

The Doog in 1966
Scoring against West Ham at Filbo​

mccrudden said:
tried e-bay.
no luck

Copies of two of Dougan's books are being sold on eBay at the moment. You haven't looked properly.

mccrudden said:
Has to be Derek Dougan must be a place for him in there.Unquestionable
heading ability,electrifying pace.once saw him score two goals in a three
miniute spell in the Kop at Anfield v Liverpool opening game of the 66/67
season.Charisma,Characte,Personality,for me The"Doog" had them all he
was absolute magic.

Would have loved to see him play with Frank Worthington or Gary Lineker. Wishfully thinking maybe all three together. Use to think "Doog" was everything that was good about football, crafty, skillful, could score and charisma. He was a pleasant fellow of the pitch as well.

Bilborough Fox said:
Would have loved to see him play with Frank Worthington or Gary Lineker. Wishfully thinking maybe all three together. Use to think "Doog" was everything that was good about football, crafty, skillful, could score and charisma. He was a pleasant fellow of the pitch as well.

The Doog was the single thing that made me start supporting Leicester. Having been born in the north-east, I supported Middlesbrough and after moving to the midlands, I went with mates to several midlands grounds - until in 1966 I was on the Holte End at Villa Park for the round of the cup. When the City fans raised their arms in that 'nazi' salute and bayed "Dooooo-oooog", I felt somehow compelled to join with them. I've been here ever since.

bocadillo said:
The Doog was the single thing that made me start supporting Leicester. Having been born in the north-east, I supported Middlesbrough and after moving to the midlands, I went with mates to several midlands grounds - until in 1966 I was on the Holte End at Villa Park for the round of the cup. When the City fans raised their arms in that 'nazi' salute and bayed "Dooooo-oooog", I felt somehow compelled to join with them. I've been here ever since.
Been watching them since the early fifties and "Doog" was the first one to really spark the fans. The chant of Doooooooog use to filter right through the ground. For the younger one's it was like chant "Hume" now but about ten decibals louder and at least a minute longer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670