Post Match Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 3 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur 4:3 Leicester City

It's only round the corner, but I can't be arsed. NCAA basketball is on, so I'm unable to move.
I'm desperate! Please post photos of you watching basketball then!!!!

Just watched the American version of match of the day and Pearson said something silly again about the ref and gets absolutely ripped to bits for his handling of the media.

The lens is very much on him now.

Last edited:

If a side wins 4 games and loses 18 games at any particular level you know that side is playing at the wrong level. It is true that we have been the victim of poor decisions but you know before the season starts that decisions are weighted to favour of the 'big' clubs and you have to have the know how to operate in a difficult environment.

Our core problems are that individual players make poor decisions in pressure situations and the manager does not have the know how ( and not the temperament either ? ) to operate successfully at PL level.

I understand that all this must misfortune must be very painful for Pearson, but to be honest we were more or less stuffed for Xmas.

Where should we have strengthened in the summer in hindsight?

Just watched the American version of match of the day and Pearson said something silly again about the ref and gets absolutely ripped to bits for his handling of the media.

He didn't say anything worse than the Middlesbrough manager did, or mourinho has said before. Like you though, his previous will mean they hammer him for it even if it is true. Mike Dean is arrogant. You could see him smirking when he awarded the penalty.

It is becoming tiresome and embarrassing. There has hardly been a match we've lost this season where it hasn't been the ref's fault or his team has been 'unlucky'? Please just shut up and show some class. We're conceding penalties because we can't defend our area and our players lack sophistication. Last season, we saw the opposite scenario with Vardy dropping in the box regularly to win penalties because opposition defenders were stupid. Several of those weren't penalties either but you didn't complain then.

The fact is that we've spent less than 10% of this season ahead in matches. We're also level with McLintock's horror team as the worst ever City side in their first 29 matches. Even the Little/McGhee shambles of a season was better than this one.

Since the Man Utd game early in the season, Burnley have collected double the points we have. Do you still think they are an inferior club in every way Nigel? That was the most inappropriate and arrogant thing I've seen this season. Far worse than anything Mike Dean can come out with.

There is no bad luck about any of this. We're awful. The only thing to play for is avoiding the ignominy of being the worst top flight City side ever.

The only thing to play for is avoiding the ignominy of being the worst top flight City side ever.

How many more points do we need to avoid that?

In some ways, if the current team got that record it wouldn't be unfair on too many of them.

How many more points do we need to avoid that?

In some ways, if the current team got that record it wouldn't be unfair on too many of them.

We need another 4 points from our next 9 matches. We've picked up 5 from our last 9.

Go on then, what was Mrs Vardy saying?

It is becoming tiresome and embarrassing. There has hardly been a match we've lost this season where it hasn't been the ref's fault or his team has been 'unlucky'? Please just shut up and show some class. We're conceding penalties because we can't defend our area and our players lack sophistication. Last season, we saw the opposite scenario with Vardy dropping in the box regularly to win penalties because opposition defenders were stupid. Several of those weren't penalties either but you didn't complain then.

The fact is that we've spent less than 10% of this season ahead in matches. We're also level with McLintock's horror team as the worst ever City side in their first 29 matches. Even the Little/McGhee shambles of a season was better than this one.

Since the Man Utd game early in the season, Burnley have collected double the points we have. Do you still think they are an inferior club in every way Nigel? That was the most inappropriate and arrogant thing I've seen this season. Far worse than anything Mike Dean can come out with.

There is no bad luck about any of this. We're awful. The only thing to play for is avoiding the ignominy of being the worst top flight City side ever.

We have been on the end of some terrible decisions at crucial times. A case in point was the penalty when it hits Morgans head at Liverpool. Happened at a crucial time in the match when Liverpool did not look like scoring. One or two you can accept as mistakes, however this season it has been virtually every game. If Chelsea had had this run of decisions you would not hear the end of it.

We have been on the end of some terrible decisions at crucial times. A case in point was the penalty when it hits Morgans head at Liverpool. Happened at a crucial time in the match when Liverpool did not look like scoring. One or two you can accept as mistakes, however this season it has been virtually every game. If Chelsea had had this run of decisions you would not hear the end of it.

Don't think it's ever been that different. 'Smaller' clubs go to places like Anfield, the crowd plays its part and refs have always - in my experience - given the'big' club the benefit of most marginal decisions. The F.A. and the Premier League must be only too aware of all this - but humans are humans and refs are wayed by the circumstances.

I've thought for quite a time now that we are going to finish up with betreen 26 and 28 points. We are being relegated not because of poor refing and other misfortunes but because we have mainly very good Championship standard playing out of their comfort zone. I was disappointed that we did so little last summer but in retrospect it would have taken really massive investment to have made sufficient difference. The other factor is management skill and there are managers who are able to convince players that they are better than they thought they were, I don't think that even Pearson fans would place Nigel in that category.

I feel a bit sorry for Pearson at the moment because the fat lady is making her way to the stage and Pearson is shortly going to have to acknowledge that there are some slightly more credible reasons than misfortune for our position.

For once I'm going to back Pearson on this one. What he meant as most have said here is that if that was the other way around with probably Vardy colliding with someone there is no way we would get a pen. Especially not from these refs in the prem.

The bias to the so called bigger teams is scandalous.

And that his team deserve better treatment given their effort and performance yesterday.

Unfortunately Pearson's poor media skills and lack of experience at handling things at the top level gave them a juicy soundbite that has only made him look stupid again

It's a shame because he deserves credit for how he set up the team and clearly had them playing for him.

Go on then, what was Mrs Vardy saying?

She made an absolute twat of herself. One can only presume she was pissed up. Apparently her taxes pay for people's tickets, any form of criticism against Vardy was met with a barrage of abusive tweets. The language she was using as well as her tweets in general gave the impression she is likely to have featured on Benefits Street. She basically lost the plot. It's no surprise that her account is now 'private'.

Who criticised Vardy yesterday? I thought he had a pretty good game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669