Post Match Tottenham Hotspur 4 - 3 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Tottenham Hotspur 4:3 Leicester City

For once I'm going to back Pearson on this one. What he meant as most have said here is that if that was the other way around with probably Vardy colliding with someone there is no way we would get a pen. Especially not from these refs in the prem.

The bias to the so called bigger teams is scandalous.

And that his team deserve better treatment given their effort and performance yesterday.

Unfortunately Pearson's poor media skills and lack of experience at handling things at the top level gave them a juicy soundbite that has only made him look stupid again

It's a shame because he deserves credit for how he set up the team and clearly had them playing for him.

The Premier League is largely run for the benefit of six clubs. The rest just make up the numbers. The six clubs are the ones that interest the media and who the better players aspire to join, There is no interest outside the localities in the likes of Burnley and Leicester.

The Premier League is largely run for the benefit of six clubs. The rest just make up the numbers. The six clubs are the ones that interest the media and who the better players aspire to join, There is no interest outside the localities in the likes of Burnley and Leicester.
:006:

11 points in last 24 games, another brave and valiant performance in defeat at one of the more fashionable top end clubs, papers over the cracks for me yet again. Our inability to grind out results turn defeats into draws and draws into victories is shocking. We have been so naive this season, so often saving our better performances for the bigger teams, whilst failing to show up on far too many occasions against our relegation rivals.

But for me it is the constant tinkering and apparent lack of knowing our best side or formation, yesterday Pearson changes the goalkeeper again at a time where that decision was not required, bringing Schmichael in just when Schwarzer was getting up to speed and into form .....guess what we concede 4.

this season has been so frustrating and full of missed opportunities, and we look like we are going down with barely a whimper.

It's not just the Premier League. That nonsense in the Champions League where teams that fail in the first phase get a place in the Europa League just gives the "bigger" teams another chance for increased revenue at the expense of the "smaller" teams, thus making it more difficult for a level playing field to be achieved.

11 points in last 24 games, another brave and valiant performance in defeat at one of the more fashionable top end clubs, papers over the cracks for me yet again. Our inability to grind out results turn defeats into draws and draws into victories is shocking. We have been so naive this season, so often saving our better performances for the bigger teams, whilst failing to show up on far too many occasions against our relegation rivals.

But for me it is the constant tinkering and apparent lack of knowing our best side or formation, yesterday Pearson changes the goalkeeper again at a time where that decision was not required, bringing Schmichael in just when Schwarzer was getting up to speed and into form .....guess what we concede 4.

this season has been so frustrating and full of missed opportunities, and we look like we are going down with barely a whimper.
This is a valid point and the tinkering has been a real frustration this season. Pearson has just tried to be too clever.

However, I think the formation was right yesterday. 3 up front was brave and Nugent and Vardy exploited their weaker full backs to good affect.

Schmeichel was at fault for the first goal but not the other 3.

If you score 3 goals you shouldn't be losing the game. For me, yesterday just rubberstamps where the main problem is. We need to make ourselves hard to beat but some of our marking from set plays is piss poor all too frequently and individual errors defensively regularly cost us.

Who criticised Vardy yesterday? I thought he had a pretty good game.

This is what was so odd about her pathetic rant. What started it all off was some female fan tweeted that it was her opinion that Vardy and Nuge played well yesterday due to limited chances of late thus meaning a good performance would likely mean another start next game. Completely fair comment and this was not directed at Mrs Vardy who had obviously been searching 'Vardy' on Twitter and came across the tweet and completely took it the wrong way, then decided to rip this poor girl to shreds for absolutely no reason at all.

There was a positive content to my post. I said "largely" run for the benefit of six clubs. I do acknowledge that the olde MOTD with the good Sir Gary in the chair tries to be more inclusive...but the money and interest of the national media and the PL is with M/c United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, M/c City and Spurs...and that's it.

Don't think he could have done much worse if he'd tried.

Selections random; keepers chopped and changed with no logical basis; don't believe that he's finally settled on his 'best' selection - on March 21st! - Saturday was about throwing the dice when facing a highly probable defeat.

Pearson acts and talks like the proverbial wasp in a jam jar.

Last edited:

We did everything I could have wanted against Spurs, we set up to have a go. And we certainly did.

If we had shown the same attitude against Hull and the like, we would be much better off.

If we had shown the same attitude against Hull and the like, we would be much better off.

This is what boils my piss, I'm fed up of hearing how we went for it away from home, yet I have to watch the most pedestrian defensive bollocks every home game.

We did everything I could have wanted against Spurs, we set up to have a go. And we certainly did.

This habit of performing beyond expectations against teams that are expected to beat us and failing to turn up for the clashes that really, really count is too much of a pattern to be a coincidence. Its a habit that is going to take us down this season - and with an understandable sense that we could have done so much better.

anything but a

A wasp in a jam jar is worth two in the bush ??? :102:

The fangs of the green snake and the sting of a wasp don't really make poison -- that is only to be found in a woman's heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566