Match Thread Tottenham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not unlucky if you don’t defend the most basic of set-pieces, and you fluff every chance you create.

I agree that Tielemans is exactly the sort of player we’ve been lacking. Now I think we’re lacking a Jamie Vardy type player to benefit from his creativity.

It’s not unlucky if you don’t defend the most basic of set-pieces, and you fluff every chance you create.

I agree that Tielemans is exactly the sort of player we’ve been lacking. Now I think we’re lacking a Jamie Vardy type player to benefit from his creativity.

If only we had someone.

A very bright start but otherwise we've done okay. Tielemans has been impressive and you imagine some of the bigger clubs may well go in for him over the summer. By and large we've lacked that killer finish or final ball. Harvey Barnes has wasted two very good opportunities with poor finishing but on the positive side has taken up some dangerous positions to create the chances in the first place. Gray needs to remain central. He's been drifting too far out wide but I think he can play the Vardy game. He's a good finisher on his day and I'd like to see him making those runs in behind in the central areas more. Puel is looking at the longer term in giving the younger players more time.

I've been disappointed with Ndidi again. Has looked slow and lazy and worse, slows our play down when we have the ball...

Different story if Barnes didn't shit himself. Need Vardy on or even Ian Nachos ffs.

Souness and Carragher just hammered Maguire for his defending at set piece. They were spot on, it was awful.

He was at fault for their goal in losing his man, also lucky with the penalty incident that got Son booked for diving. That should have been given.....

But he’s a top geezer for England. That’s what matters

For actual defending, Maguire isn't good enough to get into our side let alone England. Evans and Morgan are better defenders. Maguire is much better at passing, bringing the ball out, etc.

The number of goals Maguire has cost us with poor marking or a sloppy first touch is well into double figures now.

14644How can an ex professional player know so little about the game of football?

A sitter missed by Gray.

If we had a striker on the pitch, we’d be winning this match at least 2-1.

For actual defending, Maguire isn't good enough to get into our side let alone England. Evans and Morgan are better defenders. Maguire is much better at passing, bringing the ball out, etc.

The number of goals Maguire has cost us with poor marking or a sloppy first touch is well into double figures now.
You’re preaching to the choir with me mate. Soyuncu might even be.a better defender but how will we ever know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669