Tour Diary and team for Partick game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not looking good for Porter through.

It's a shame. When he first broke into the team we all had high hopes for him. I don't think he was that bad at all last season. Does anyone know why Allen has left him out completely?

It's a shame. When he first broke into the team we all had high hopes for him. I don't think he was that bad at all last season. Does anyone know why Allen has left him out completely?

No idea but I would...until he grows some bones.

He is just so easily bullied out of games. I think he is a useful player to have for a sub, but not far too inconsistent to be starting (at the moment). We need to allow him time to grow and develop into the player we all think he can be. He isn't there yet and shouldn't have too much responsibility heaped on his shoulders.

I suspect it might have something to do with his attitude.

Porters not good enough and him being first choice left wing for a lot of the season was one of the reasons we were rubbish.

Then play him inside. I have seen him play there for the reserves and he looked very good. He could be the creative midfielder we are looking for. ;)

Then play him inside. I have seen him play there for the reserves and he looked very good. He could be the creative midfielder we are looking for. ;)

And we would be shite.

He needs a loan at a lower league club. He is ok back up but if we are serious he cant be playing on a regular basis

And we would be shite.

He needs a loan at a lower league club. He is ok back up but if we are serious he cant be playing on a regular basis

I think alot of our players will be better this year. Take Porter, at one point everyone was saying he's going to be class, now he's shite. I dont think this is all down to the player himself it's probably down to the state the club was in last year, the manager, fitness etc etc. Midway through last season i'd say confidence was shot right through the club and i dont think this helped young players like Levi.

Now the club is looking up, everything is changing for the better. Decent players being brought in and competion for places, this could really bring on the youngsters.

MDV has turned it around, so could Levi. Now if Martin Allen could make Elvis play, then I would believe in miracles!

He is small but i dont think it's a problem, there are lots of great players who are small. The way last season went i just think it's a confidence thing. I havent heard anything about him during pre season which is a bit worrying thought he might be first choice left wing for the start of the season anyway.

He was a bit headless. Someone suggested a loan spell at a lower league club, that could be a very good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669