Town and Village Twins

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Touch my bum, this is life....."

cheeky_girls.jpg

You like your own there though don't you ?
Yes, we don't like them there outsiders too much. They bring nothing but problems with them, don't trust them I tell ya', don't trust them!!

Is there any point or benifit to a town or village twinning with a foreign one? What is the point?

I also get the impression its more popular around leicestershire, i'v seen it elsewhere but i don't think there are many places around leicester that don't have a twin.

I'v never been to france or germany where most of the twinned places are, does anybody know if they put up the signs?

soyez bienvenus à Paris twinned avec braunstone

It's so snobby gits can go on little exchange trips to foreign countries, and the councils foot the bill. Some relatives of mine do it.

Yes, we don't like them there outsiders too much. They bring nothing but problems with them, don't trust them I tell ya', don't trust them!!

Indeed...We've seen the big -eared boys in your village

Is there any point or benifit to a town or village twinning with a foreign one? What is the point?

I also get the impression its more popular around leicestershire, i'v seen it elsewhere but i don't think there are many places around leicester that don't have a twin.

I'v never been to france or germany where most of the twinned places are, does anybody know if they put up the signs?

soyez bienvenus à Paris twinned avec braunstone

They do have signs in France; the term they use is "jumelée avec ...".

Sandwich has three twin towns; Honfleur in Normandy, Ronse in East Flanders and Sonsbeck in the Ruhrgebiet of Germany. Having said that I have seen a Chinese town also claimed as a twin-town but I have never heard about it locally.

Of the three twinnings, I am only aware of the one with Honfleur being active - and even that suffers because some of the people who are active in it are 'getting on a bit'. I know that last year they were touting round for extra accommodation for the visitors from Honfleur because some of the people who notmally offer it had 'down-sized'.

If I'm going anywhere for a short break, you can bet your bottom Euro it won't be the French equivalent of Melton ****ing Mowbray!!!!

Last edited:
Sometimes good for business.

I know Coalville (yes i know) has links with a Chinese town/City and they have very good business links.

My uncle is very involved, he's one of the best Motorcycle engineers and designers in the country, has his own business in that domain and seems to think very possitively of the link.

In other casses i imagine it offers **** all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669