Trains to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boy Genius

Banned
I have to be in London tomorrow and the best way WOULD be on the train.

The best I can find on the net is £68 return....:icon_eek:

Can anybody tell me if they know of any cheaper fares.

I have thought of driving to either Northampton or Nuneaton and getting the train from there...:102:

Any help would be appreciated

I have to be in London tomorrow and the best way WOULD be on the train.

The best I can find on the net is £68 return....:icon_eek:

Can anybody tell me if they know of any cheaper fares.

I have thought of driving to either Northampton or Nuneaton and getting the train from there...:102:

Any help would be appreciated

You can often get really cheap fares from Rugby if youd be willing to drive there.

Last edited:
BG, what times are you looking at ? Returning the same day ?

BG, what times are you looking at ? Returning the same day ?

I have to be at Olympia for around midday latest
Coming back anytime after say 7:00pm or later. I can sit in a pub all night waiting..:icon_bigg

best so far from Northampton leaving at 8:10am £43.20 return

its a ****ing nightmare......

From Leicester, you could get the 9.30am and be in St Pancras for 10.48.

From London, you could get the 7.25pm and be back in Leicester for 8.44pm.

This would cost you £43.70 in total. There are some restrictions with this ticket, but they are not advance purchase tickets. I.e if you miss the 9.30am, you could get on the 9.35am or 10.00am service and use the same ticket. Coming back if you miss the 7.25pm, you can get the 7.30pm or 7.55pm service etc without any problems.

From Leicester, you could get the 9.30am and be in St Pancras for 10.48.

From London, you could get the 7.25pm and be back in Leicester for 8.44pm.

This would cost you £43.70 in total. There are some restrictions with this ticket, but they are not advance purchase tickets. I.e if you miss the 9.30am, you could get on the 9.35am or 10.00am service and use the same ticket. Coming back if you miss the 7.25pm, you can get the 7.30pm or 7.55pm service etc without any problems.

nice one, and I buy the ticket at Leicester station?

Mind you its 50p more than the northampton one....:icon_eek:

nice one, and I buy the ticket at Leicester station?

Mind you its 50p more than the northampton one....:icon_eek:

Yes, you are after a Saver Return.

It's basically a ticket that allows you flexibilty in 'off peak' periods.

Ticket Name: Saver Return

Description: Standard class reduced-fare period return.

Train Operator: All Train Operating Companies.

Booking Deadlines: Walk-up ticket. Reservations are not essential but are recommended for longer journeys. A walk-up ticket is one you can buy in advance or at the station on the day you travel.

Discounts: Child and Railcard discounts.

Refunds: Wholly unused tickets are refunded. An administration charge is deducted.

Break of Journey: Break of journey is permitted on return leg only.

Availability: For longer-distance journeys on most train companies' trains.

Validity: Outward journey must be on the date on the ticket. The return journey must be within one calendar month. Peak time-of-day restrictions may apply.

** Just to add, the first train outbound this ticket is valid on is the 9.30am. Coming back, any train from 7.25pm is valid. :023:

Last edited:
Another option is to drive to luton, it takes an hour-ish to drive there, then its 30 mins to st pancras. Its usually the option i go for if im going to london last minute, you park at luton airport.

Yes, you are after a Saver Return.

It's basically a ticket that allows you flexibilty in 'off peak' periods.

** Just to add, the first train outbound this ticket is valid on is the 9.30am. Coming back, any train from 7.25pm is valid. :023:
Nice one NF......:038::038:

Watch your timings if you go to rugby, there are roadworks on the road to the station from the m6, looked fecking awful on tuesday. long delays.

drive to mk and get a ticket for silverlink, takes about half an hour to watford then change to the brighton train than goes to olympia (another 20 mins)

should be about £15 off peak

Watch your timings if you go to rugby, there are roadworks on the road to the station from the m6, looked fecking awful on tuesday. long delays.

drive to mk and get a ticket for silverlink, takes about half an hour to watford then change to the brighton train than goes to olympia (another 20 mins)

should be about £15 off peak

Lots of fartarsing about there,he better set off at about 4am:icon_roll

The subject of train tickets in the UK is a headache. You will never get the best value around for the simple reason that there is no value.

Public transport is a joke.

Any excuse for MK to 'accidentally' bump in to him in the gents.

He does have alternative route.You drive to Bedford,get a lift of Old Joe the milkman down to Mk,borrow a bike at Mk pedal to Luton,get on the train for one stop and Farmer Jack picks you up in his Combine and takes you to Hendon,then you take the train for 2 stops and get the tube to Piccadilly Circus and into a Rickshaw all the way to Olympia

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47