trains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off to London, no doubt. Go to London! I guarantee you'll either be mugged or not appreciated. Catch the train to London, stopping at Rejection, Disappointment, Backstabbing Central and Shattered Dreams Parkway.

I seen it.....even if you did do the same joke about a week ago.

They might not have released the advance tickets yet

EMT Advance tickets are now available up until 24 Apr for M-F travel, 18 Apr for Saturdays and 22 Mar for Sundays. I would expect them to be available for your date within the next fortnight. They cost from £7 single but may not be available at that price - book as early as possible.

My usual advice would be to purchase from the userfriendly National Express East Coast site, but in this case I suggest you use the East Midlands Trains site - they sell their own advance tickets £1 cheaper than anybody else does.

EMT Advance tickets are now available up until 24 Apr for M-F travel, 18 Apr for Saturdays and 22 Mar for Sundays. I would expect them to be available for your date within the next fortnight. They cost from £7 single but may not be available at that price - book as early as possible.

My usual advice would be to purchase from the userfriendly National Express East Coast site, but in this case I suggest you use the East Midlands Trains site - they sell their own advance tickets £1 cheaper than anybody else does.

Still nothing Boc, surely they should have been released by now?

Still nothing Boc, surely they should have been released by now?

Still only available up until the dates I already gave in that last post.

Would you anticipate them to be released any day now?

You were asking about 4 May - just 9 weeks away. I am surprised that they have not been released by now, so I would not expect them to be too much longer.

I've just realised though that the date is a Bank Holiday. As such, there may not be too many Advance tickets at the cheapest prices available, so make sure that you do check regularly.

A question for the train buffs, how does this work ?

I went to London a few months ago, and purchased a £12 and a £16 advanced tickets for a day out. I upgraded to first class and this took the cost from £28 to £40. Obviously it was £12 to upgrade.

Today for the same journey i purchased a £16 and a £20 advanced tickets. I expected this because my trip is closer to the date of purchase.
Anticipating that an upgrade was going to make it a little more expensive than i wanted to pay, i was going to settle for 2nd class. Out of curiosity i asked how much for going 1st class, and the attendant told me it was only £1 extra, making my tickets £37 (1st class):102:

If all the cheap slots are sold is it possible that you could travel cheaper going 1st class rather than 2nd ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46