Transfers - Are we being left behind?

The lack of transfer incomings: are we being left behind?

• Yes

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 70.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 out of 23 votes say that we are not losing out to other teams

15 out of 284 active forum members say we are not losing out. A large number of people will think of the question as an irrelevance (see what homer wrote in post #4) and will have chosen not to cast their vote either way. What was needed was an opportunity to vote on "Of course we're losing out. What else would you expect with our finances as they are at the moment?'

Yep. I didn't vote because for me the question was irrelevant. We're not going to be making signings this summer unless we somehow manage to sell some of our big wage players which seems more and more unlikely as we go on.

We might get 2 or 3 loan players in, but I'm really not expecting anymore.

Yep. I didn't vote because for me the question was irrelevant. We're not going to be making signings this summer unless we somehow manage to sell some of our big wage players which seems more and more unlikely as we go on.

We might get 2 or 3 loan players in, but I'm really not expecting anymore.

If I ran any of the other teams in our league I'd definitely not be interested in buying Danns, Beckford, Wellens, Gally or SSL, taking anyone of them would help Leicester far more than the team signing the player and make Leicester more of a threat this season.

15 out of 284 active forum members say we are not losing out. A large number of people will think of the question as an irrelevance (see what homer wrote in post #4) and will have chosen not to cast their vote either way. What was needed was an opportunity to vote on "Of course we're losing out. What else would you expect with our finances as they are at the moment?'

My comments were aimed at those 15: I have no knowledge of the views of every TB member although, I assume, as do you, that most feel that we are losing out.

In answer to your question, "What else would you expect......?" I suppose, again like many TBers, my frustration is with a lack of a visibly joined up approach: we spend money like water, we rein in and now we come to a full stop BUT, we add a Director of Football and a new "advisor". We refuse to sell Kasper and Wes but, if we are in the doldrums, I cannot help feeling that to allow them to move - in Kasper's case, to a Premiership club - and use some of the funds for long term building, would be the correct way forward. Being in the wilderness is bad enough, but it seems that our leaders have folded up the map, showing the exit, and are wandering in aimless hope.

My comments were aimed at those 15: I have no knowledge of the views of every TB member although, I assume, as do you, that most feel that we are losing out.

In answer to your question, "What else would you expect......?" I suppose, again like many TBers, my frustration is with a lack of a visibly joined up approach: we spend money like water, we rein in and now we come to a full stop BUT, we add a Director of Football and a new "advisor". We refuse to sell Kasper and Wes but, if we are in the doldrums, I cannot help feeling that to allow them to move - in Kasper's case, to a Premiership club - and use some of the funds for long term building, would be the correct way forward. Being in the wilderness is bad enough, but it seems that our leaders have folded up the map, showing the exit, and are wandering in aimless hope.

If he wanted to go to Hull, he'd be gone. Let's not kid ourselves, players call the shots these days. He's got a year left on his contract and is already on a decent wage here. If a team comes in for him this season and he fancies the move, he'll be gone. Otherwise, he'll stay here for a year and then be a free agent next summer, at which point he can get a higher salary and there will probably be a few teams interested in him due to the absence of a transfer fee.

If I ran any of the other teams in our league I'd definitely not be interested in buying Danns, Beckford, Wellens, Gally or SSL, taking anyone of them would help Leicester far more than the team signing the player and make Leicester more of a threat this season.

Waiting/hoping for one or two clubs to have terrible starts to the season, sack their manager and become desperate for experienced players as a short term fix. Preferably a club with a few quid to spunk on wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669