Transfers - Summer 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC Sport said:
Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell has agreed to join Chelsea on a free transfer after his Royals contract expires on 1 July.
BBC Sport said:

As well as Chelsea, the 24-year-old Sidwell had also been linked with moves to Manchester United or Newcastle.

Sidwell will be Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho's first signing of the summer.

Sidwell, who reportedly rejected an offer of a new £25,000-per-week, four-year deal from Reading, has been a key player for the Royals this season.

Sidwell, a former Arsenal trainee, rejected a the offer of a new Reading in July 2006.

Reading manager Steve Coppell first signed Sidwell on loan when he was in charge of Brentford in 2001 and signed him on a permanent basis at Reading two years later.

Last season Sidwell scored four times in 35 Premiership matches. Chelsea said Sidwell had passed a medical but gave no details about the length of his contract.

Sidwell confirms he's to join Chelsea on a free transfer.

What an idiot! He obviously just wants a bundle of cash and not a career. No way is he going to be a pivotal part of the Chelsea first team. Yet another Scott Parker/SWP situation and he'll probably leave next summer anyway to a team like Newcastle or Spurs

If you were offered a serious amount of money, regardless of whether you play or not, you have to take it.

If you were given a lot more money to do nothing, are you saying you wouldn't take it?

If you were offered a serious amount of money, regardless of whether you play or not, you have to take it.

If you were given a lot more money to do nothing, are you saying you wouldn't take it?

that is retarded, i would much rather be playing football week in week out on 25000 a week for reading, and be classed as the best plaqyer in that side.

i suppose 25000 a week isnt enough for the greedy prick.

that is retarded, i would much rather be playing football week in week out on 25000 a week for reading, and be classed as the best plaqyer in that side.

i suppose 25000 a week isnt enough for the greedy prick.

He's gonna spend a couple of years earning tonnes of cash. he'll still play lots of football (whether its for the first team or not). I wish i coulld turn up for training in the week, travel europe, go to big games and learn from some of the best players in the world in the prcess. Bloke's got it easy.

I personally think Mourinho is getting cover for the aging Makelele

I personally think Mourinho is getting cover for the aging Makelele

And also it is the African Cup of Nations in Jan 2008 and Chelsea are set to lose a few players especially in midfield, including Essien and Mikel.

He's gonna spend a couple of years earning tonnes of cash. he'll still play lots of football (whether its for the first team or not). I wish i coulld turn up for training in the week, travel europe, go to big games and learn from some of the best players in the world in the prcess. Bloke's got it easy.

Im going with the understanding that footballers like to play first team football week in week out.

i know which option i would personally choose anyway.

Plus the guy is noit good enough to be a number one choice for a team wanting to win the league, but if he's happy to get a run out in the league cup then whatever floats yer boat

Im going with the understanding that footballers like to play first team football week in week out.

i know which option i would personally choose anyway.

Plus the guy is noit good enough to be a number one choice for a team wanting to win the league, but if he's happy to get a run out in the league cup then whatever floats yer boat

In any job if somebody offers you 4x your salary for doing less work you will take it. Also even if Sidwell sits on the bench all season he is more likely to win trophies with Chelsea then Reading.

Bale off to Spurs having a medical according to the BBC

no fee mentioned yet

Last edited:
Bale off to Spurs having a medical according to the BBC

no fee mentioned yet

Spurs's transfer bid in January was just over 10 million, it was accepted but Bale refused the deal.

Should be an interesting season....I can see Spurs, Villa and Newcastle trying their upmost to break the top 4. Interesting to see where Arsenal end up if they dont get this takeover through.

A stack of cash and pretty much guaranteed a few medals as well, he would be mad not to go. Reading could drop like a stone next season ala Wigan

A stack of cash and pretty much guaranteed a few medals as well, he would be mad not to go. Reading could drop like a stone next season ala Wigan

dont players have to have played so many games etc to be given winners medals :102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669