Trees Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an absolute disgrace what those so called fans did last night!
I watched 3 Everton fans walk out onto the field at Anfield last night and get applauded by the Liverpool fans whilst Z cars was played.
Yet we have a footballer dying at the ground and all they can think about is kicking the s**t out of each other!
Hats off to the Liverpool fans
Hang your heads in shame those of you who were involved last night - Leicester and Forest. Well done to those who aknowledged the seriousness of the event.

i'm sure the city fans gave him an applause when his came out over the tannoy. though a minority were booing through the match, something i could never bring myself to doing!

I happily joined in with F$***t singing "there's only one Neil Lennon" despite what seemed like 50% booing him. I don't care where he is now, he did a hell of a lot for our club over many years. It still amazes me that Sav gets booed whenever he plays against us.

I happily joined in with F$***t singing "there's only one Neil Lennon" despite what seemed like 50% booing him. I don't care where he is now, he did a hell of a lot for our club over many years. It still amazes me that Sav gets booed whenever he plays against us.

I think that has much to do with Savages comments after he left and his badge kissing when we played Brum.

Still in shock at what happened to Clarke, hope and prays he can make as full a recovery as possible.

Listened to Geoff Peters on Talksport and he defended the chanting of the fans saying that due to a lack of communication, which bearing in mind the sensitivity of the incident was understandable, and the poor quality of the PA system meant that many fans would have been unaware of the severity of the situation.

However this does condone the idiots intent on having a dust up.

Full credit to Forest for abandoning the game. Major concern for me is whether the training regimes and physical pressures that are being placed on these players is leading to what appears to be an increase in these types of incidents. We are talking about fit and healthy men in their physical prime, who are monitored and checked on a regular basis collapsing and in some instances dying. Surely there must be some concerns within the games governing body that players are now at a much higher risk due to the high physical demands of the modern game.

Two players have died (The Spaniard and the young Walsall player) and Clarke is in hospital and from the sounds of it is very fortunate that the actions of the medical staff saved his life, and this has happened within 3 or 4 days of each other. Surely that suggests that either the physical demands are now unaccpetable or that more frequent and stringent health and medical checks are undertaken.

Two players have died (The Spaniard and the young Walsall player) and Clarke is in hospital and from the sounds of it is very fortunate that the actions of the medical staff saved his life, and this has happened within 3 or 4 days of each other. Surely that suggests that either the physical demands are now unaccpetable or that more frequent and stringent health and medical checks are undertaken.

Not to belittle what you write, but these sort of problems are still thankfully rare compared to the amount of players worldwide. I would think too that in this day and age, medical care, and especially preventative care and predictive care, is of the highest standard possible. I know when I had a medical a year or so back and I was on the treadmill the doctors said that with all the monitors they would know if I was going to have a problem well before my own body realised it.

still very shocked at what happened to clark,

Read about 2 pages of the thread, too tired to read it all.

Right decision to call it off, all the best to Clarke, hope he is alright.

I didn't see anything after the game but apparently Leicester fans were throwing (full) coke bottles at Forest coming out of the main stand and some of our lot threw coins back. Saying that when walking to the car I did hear sirens going off in the distance.

As for the " Same old Leicester always cheating ", can't condone it at all. However in the main stand our PA system is shocking and I couldn't hear anything, I only found out what was cracking off cus we walked to the tunnel and asked someone, so many people may not have known the extent of what was going on. There were all sorts of rumours going around including the referee and linesman being ill.

As for the game, we totally dominated and should have been more ahead, overall delighted with the performace. You will probably go and do us in the replay now though:icon_roll

As said all the best to Clarke, hope it isn't too serious

Cheers for the message, you did completely dominate us and more than deserved your 1-0 lead at half time, should have been 3 had it not been for the crossbar.

Just wanted to talk about the part highlighted in your quote. It was the other way round, the Forest 'fans' threw several coins into the City end, we retaliated by throwing a single bottle (which was full) back over. I stood at the front until the 'fans' were clear, and there was definitely only 1 bottle thrown from the City end, unlike the several coins that were thrown at us. Not having a go, just thought I'd let you know what I had seen. ;)

Listened to Geoff Peters on Talksport and he defended the chanting of the fans saying that due to a lack of communication, which bearing in mind the sensitivity of the incident was understandable, and the poor quality of the PA system meant that many fans would have been unaware of the severity of the situation.
Agreed, the PA in the main stand is shocking.

Does anyone know of DJ Wanker??? I think this is Geoff Peters, he used to DJ in Loughborough and me and my mates were right in front of the commentary boxes and were slightly confused to see our once favourite DJ with headphones and a microphone commentating!

Agreed, the PA in the main stand is shocking.

Does anyone know of DJ Wanker??? I think this is Geoff Peters, he used to DJ in Loughborough and me and my mates were right in front of the commentary boxes and were slightly confused to see our once favourite DJ with headphones and a microphone commentating!
geoff peters is dj wanker

I knew I recognised the 'Milky Bar Kid-lookalike' wearing a Trees shirt from somewhere... now I realise it was from the Phantom back in the good old days

Anyway, much more importantly

That was horrible last night, feeding on scraps of information filtering through and not knowing how this poor lad was. Get well soon, Clive.

As I said on Talksport this morning... I don't blame our fans or their fans for reacting in the way they did when the abandonment was announced. I don't think people could hear properly what was going on.

I'm referring to the 'cheering' from *some* of our lot and 'booing' from *some* of their lot, not the ruck that kicked off after.

By the way, point scoring between the fans is pretty low considering what happened to the player. I don't care if we give Forest the win as long as Clarke recovers ok.

I knew I recognised the 'Milky Bar Kid-lookalike' wearing a Trees shirt from somewhere... now I realise it was from the Phantom back in the good old days

Anyway, much more importantly

That was horrible last night, feeding on scraps of information filtering through and not knowing how this poor lad was. Get well soon, Clive.

As I said on Talksport this morning... I don't blame our fans or their fans for reacting in the way they did when the abandonment was announced. I don't think people could hear properly what was going on.

I'm referring to the 'cheering' from *some* of our lot and 'booing' from *some* of their lot, not the ruck that kicked off after.

By the way, point scoring between the fans is pretty low considering what happened to the player. I don't care if we give Forest the win as long as Clarke recovers ok.

Where you the idjeet on talksport last night saying that aswell via txt? It's tragic what happened but giving them the win will not help his recovery or show anybody anything.

It's tragic what happened but giving them the win will not help his recovery or show anybody anything.

I was just making the point that the life of one of our players is more important than a game of football. Obviously I hope we go on and win the competition but I'm just more concerned with how Clive Clarke is right now.

I was just making the point that the life of one of our players is more important than a game of football. Obviously I hope we go on and win the competition but I'm just more concerned with how Clive Clarke is right now.

:038::038: well said wanker

Me too, and I hope he gets back to full health more than winning. I just don't agree with handing them the win!

I don't think we have the option of a trade off TBH. Whether CC is OK or not I hope we go back and put them in their place.

Yes, life is more important than football, but it's not an either/or situation.

I don't think we have the option of a trade off TBH. Whether CC is OK or not I hope we go back and put them in their place.

Yes, life is more important than football, but it's not an either/or situation.

That was my point, perhaps badly put

i hope clark gets better, but if i wasin his shoes i would retire after it, i wouldnt want to take the risk of another hear-attack, image leaving a family behind somethings are more important then football like his family, i am sure his kids dont want to lose a dad and his wife dont want to husband

get well soon clive!! best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670