Trees Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just come in from work, and most of this thread seems to be about the thugs, who I could care less about reading about.

You could or you couldn't??? :102:

Can someone tell me what happened to Clarke, or at least what is being reported at the minute? I've read what was on the OS and the BBC, but they don't really say what happened.
Hope he's okay, get well Clive!

Nobody knows at this stage Graz. Just guesswork.

Comment I heard on RL link that wasn't turned off thru LCFC World " Gerry (Taggart) says he'll never play again, no one will insure him"

what kind of long term effect on the players will this have,i mean they wasnt in any frame of mind to continue tonight but what about the weeks ahead its not every day you see one of your teamates nearly die.

Get well soon Clive.

What a terrible dark day for the club.

I really hope and Pray that this poor fella is okay. My prayers will be with him and his family.

Get Well soon Clive.

what kind of long term effect on the players will this have,i mean they wasnt in any frame of mind to continue tonight but what about the weeks ahead its not every day you see one of your teamates nearly die.
As long as he'll be OK, I think they can focus on the game but if he'll be seriously injured or even dies, I don't know how they will react and I don't want to know either.

Hello everyone.
Forest fan here just wanted to wish Clive Clarke best wishes and hope he recovers soon.
I thought it was awful how alot of fans were booing at full time and some of the chants going on and i certainly dont agree with some of the ones coming from our fans! Just to let you know we are not all like that.
Best wishes

What are you implying Durham.....some sort of off the pitch incident!??

Hello everyone.
Forest fan here just wanted to wish Clive Clarke best wishes and hope he recovers soon.
I thought it was awful how alot of fans were booing at full time and some of the chants going on and i certainly dont agree with some of the ones coming from our fans! Just to let you know we are not all like that.
Best wishes

good call:038:

Drama Overshadows Cup Tie
Posted on: Tue 28 Aug 2007
Nottingham Forest's Carling Cup tie with Leicester was dramatically abandoned at half-time after visiting defender Clive Clarke collapsed and was taken serious ill.

Clarke collapsed in the Leicester dressing room and was treated by paramedics before being rushed to the Queen's Medical Centre.

Manager Colin Calderwood told supporters of the abandonment over the public address system after the start of the second half had been delayed initially by 15 minutes.

Forest's Chief Executive Mark Arthur said: "Football is secondary to human issues and once we found out the seriousness of Clive's situation we went straight to the referee and told him we would do whatever was right by Leicester.

"It was very quickly agreed among the three parties that the game should be abandoned."

Tim Davies, Leicester's Chief Executive, told the media: "Clive did offer a few words in the ambulance and all our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family, hoping he makes a speedy recovery.

"I would like to say a big thank you to Nottingham Forest for dealing with the matter so quickly.

"I can only apologise to all the fans who were at the game but I'm sure they appreciate that serious injuries and illness are more important.

"When Clive went into the dressing room at half-time, he just collapsed and was very seriously ill.

"Everyone was very shaken up and distressed as I'm sure you can imagine and Martin Allen is trying to contact his family at the moment.

"We're not aware of any problems Clive had with Sunderland before he joined us but his medical records are a private matter.

"It was not only difficult for the Leicester players but the Forest ones as well."

Why can't the idiots see that there is more to life at times then a stupid game of football.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with football. With all the joy it can bring I loath some of the idiotic morons that follow the club and all clubs.

Surely a persons life is something that can humble people and bridge differences. Why is it a focal point for a fight. Idiots.

Its a game! A man has nearly lost his life...please god he does not!

Drama Overshadows Cup Tie
Posted on: Tue 28 Aug 2007
Nottingham Forest's Carling Cup tie with Leicester was dramatically abandoned at half-time after visiting defender Clive Clarke collapsed and was taken serious ill.

Clarke collapsed in the Leicester dressing room and was treated by paramedics before being rushed to the Queen's Medical Centre.

Manager Colin Calderwood told supporters of the abandonment over the public address system after the start of the second half had been delayed initially by 15 minutes.

Forest's Chief Executive Mark Arthur said: "Football is secondary to human issues and once we found out the seriousness of Clive's situation we went straight to the referee and told him we would do whatever was right by Leicester.

"It was very quickly agreed among the three parties that the game should be abandoned."

Tim Davies, Leicester's Chief Executive, told the media: "Clive did offer a few words in the ambulance and all our thoughts and prayers are with him and his family, hoping he makes a speedy recovery.

"I would like to say a big thank you to Nottingham Forest for dealing with the matter so quickly.

"I can only apologise to all the fans who were at the game but I'm sure they appreciate that serious injuries and illness are more important.

"When Clive went into the dressing room at half-time, he just collapsed and was very seriously ill.

"Everyone was very shaken up and distressed as I'm sure you can imagine and Martin Allen is trying to contact his family at the moment.

"We're not aware of any problems Clive had with Sunderland before he joined us but his medical records are a private matter.

"It was not only difficult for the Leicester players but the Forest ones as well."

:038::038::038:

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
Best wishes

It is surely a minority of idiots that follow both clubs.

Thank you for the sentiment.

Yes, very disrespectful but then again these people, fighting, seem to think most of themselves...

My heartfelt best wishes go out to Clive Clarke, and my hopes, for him, for a full recovery.
This incident sounds very serious.
Let's hope that the defrib worked well.
This really isn't good, is it?

Lots of respect to this forum, and the sensitive and thoughtful and concerned comments that have been recorded, along with all the condemnation of the BS elements that we know still contaminate our wonderful and honest fans.

On Saturday I was in the unfortunate position of having to report to two police the chants of two of our 'supporters' on the way to the match who were yelling at a car driven by an Asian, "Die, Muslim, die!"
Sadly, we have some sick people in our midst.

I know I am in good company here, and know that we all share a common belief in what is honourable and human. Bless you all. And bless Clive Clarke. And let's hope no other person gets hurt tonight.

The report on the NFFC official website is that the player collapsed

Hello everyone.
Best wishes

I think you are both to be applauded for coming on here tonight displaying an unusual common sense considering you're tree fans. (oh come on, I'm allowed at least one dig :icon_wink)

My heartfelt best wishes go out to Clive Clarke, and my hopes, for him, for a full recovery.
This incident sounds very serious.
Let's hope that the defrib worked well.
This really isn't good, is it?

Lots of respect to this forum, and the sensitive and thoughtful and concerned comments that have been recorded, along with all the condemnation of the BS elements that we know still contaminate our wonderful and honest fans.

On Saturday I was in the unfortunate position of having to report to two police the chants of two of our 'supporters' on the way to the match who were yelling at a car driven by an Asian, "Die, Muslim, die!"
Sadly, we have some sick people in our midst.

I know I am in good company here, and know that we all share a common belief in what is honourable and human. Bless you all. And bless Clive Clarke. And let's hope no other person gets hurt tonight.

Agreed and well said.

Without wanting to sound gay, its something like this that should be bringing the two sets of fans together, and not wanting to kick the $hit out of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669