Trees Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't the idiots see that there is more to life at times then a stupid game of football.

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with football. With all the joy it can bring I loath some of the idiotic morons that follow the club and all clubs.

Surely a persons life is something that can humble people and bridge differences. Why is it a focal point for a fight. Idiots.

Its a game! A man has nearly lost his life...please god he does not!

I agree completely Silver, except to say that I'd imagine these dicks were geared up for a ruck irrespective of the Clarke incident. As you say, the travesty being that even after the incident, they still carry on regardless.

Nothing said on here will ever convince a brainless meathead to act otherwise unfortunately. Good to see everyone's reaction nonetheless.

Lets hope he makes a full recovery, and we march on.

Last edited:
I can't understand people who actually actively do HATE supporters of other clubs. It is just a bloody game. I don't hate anyone for following their club.

What I can't stand is morons who use football as a vehicle for their small minded views and for their violence and pointless hatred. Most of these people don't actually actively love the game or even understand it...they just use it for their own disgusting agenda.

Lets not let the idiots win any further by giving their actions the air time it deserves. We should just focus on the goodwill we all feel towards CLive Clarke and hope that he can pull through.

All in all the conduct of the clubs themselves has been excellent and I think Nottingham Forest Football Club have acted honourably. They have actually won out tonight regardless of any result. I just hope Clive Clarke is okay right now.

Brilliantly put Silv. :038:

Definitely, but such things do not have room to enter tiny minds... Here is hoping that Clive makes a full recovery and that when the game is replayed, it is in the right spirit on and off the pitch.

Unfortunately we would be fooling ourselves not to recognise that there is still a significant minority that select matches like this in the hope that an opportunity will arise to arrange a punch up (or worse).

Unfortunately - a night match; a local derby and one off occasion to get a bit of retaliation in first; an abandonment to add the spice of an imagined injustice......difficult to think of more dubious circumstances.

Obviously we dont know yet the whole picture of how bad things got outside the ground....but if they were serious then I hope that the FA/Football League intervene and have the replay played behind closed doors......like the Burton Albion v Leicester City 3rd Round Cup tie (at the Baseball Ground) replayed at Highfield Road, about 20 years ago. Mind you the trouble there was largely down to Derby allowing Derby County supporters to access area next to our fans on the misguided assumption that they would be "neutral".

i think the fact that some f0rrest fans came onto our forum to condem their own fans shows that there are genuine fans of football out their...... i was in the trees end and the people i spoke to fully understood the abandonment once the information about clive was filtered around the ground!!!!!

lets just hope clive gets better and the players who witnessed this event are not to messed up to carry on and give us 100%

I also think that the forrest management should be applauded for agreeing to the abandonment

Disgusted by the behaviour of people at the game who purport to be football fans and human beings......wrong on both counts.

Whilst I understand your sentiment NN I don't agree that somebody that enjoys violence is any less of a fan or human being.
organised group violence is a human male condition unfortunately & has always surrounded football.

It was always going to kick off. Even a player dying almost wasn't going to stop anyone. I really hope just a few of those twats wake up tomorrow morning and reaslise, just a bit, that they, in light of this, really have not got the right to the same democratic rights as the rest of us.

I Heard from someone outside the ground that he had died, although i gather from posts here he was revived. If the same confusion was evident among the city supporters leaving the ground i can understand them being emotional, and easily provoked. Thankfully i got away quickly and didn't see any trouble.

I Hope that Clarke is soon well, and thoughts to for his family, i'm sure its a worrying time for them.

Another Forest fan here just posting to wish Clive a speedy recovery! Its a shame that some "fans" don't realise the insignificance of a football match when a mans life is on the line, it really is shocking! I'm glad to say almost everybody around me in the ground were concerned and sympathetic about the situation but as always the mindless few hooligans grab the headlines! Again my prayers go out to Clive Clarke & his family/friends, get well soon!

On a plus note the sheep lost! :038::icon_bigg

I look forward to the rematch :)

g'nite folks

hi everyone just got back ,its shocking the way the forest fans have been ,the chants that they said where uncalled for :icon_evil

we got out of there as fast as possible thanks Drew :icon_wink

most of us are in shock that Clive died in the dressing room and was brought back by the paramedics

our thoughts and prays are with him his family and all the players and staff

thanks too notts staff at the ground

newts :(

Delighted that you got home safe Newts, did you take the young fellah with you ?

Another Forest fan here just posting to wish Clive a speedy recovery! Its a shame that some "fans" don't realise the insignificance of a football match when a mans life is on the line, it really is shocking! I'm glad to say almost everybody around me in the ground were concerned and sympathetic about the situation but as always the mindless few hooligans grab the headlines! Again my prayers go out to Clive Clarke & his family/friends, get well soon!

On a plus note the sheep lost! :038::icon_bigg

I look forward to the rematch :)

g'nite folks

us too thank for your post :038::038::038:

I was in the Forest end, most Forest fans around me applauded in support when the game was called off, a few booed. I was completely ashamed at some of the Leicester fans coming out of the ground singing 'we hate nottingham' some morons need to get some ****in perspective.
i dont get to many away games and wont go to many more if the attitude of some our so called supporters doesent change.some of the forest fans were bang out of order but for our lot to get involved when one of our players could have been dying is shamefull.also the idiots who think its clever to smoke in the ground,your nothing more than morons.
well impressed with the forest board and its decision and full marks to mr calderwood.

Whilst I understand your sentiment NN I don't agree that somebody that enjoys violence is any less of a fan or human being.
organised group violence is a human male condition unfortunately & has always surrounded football.

Well I certainly can't think of anyone involved in mindless violence that has changed the world for a better place, as opposed to those that avoid it and use their noggin instead.

I've just got back and it was really scary. Just after half time you saw Whitbread scream and shout for the paramedics and you knew something happened. The taunts from the Forest fans only inflamed matters. Minority of each fans were disgraceful. Outside the ground it was kicking off, tried to get away as quick as possible, was really worrying. Hope Clive gets better, puts it all into perspective.

Regardless of this incident, football fans are a complete bunch of wankers. Incidents like this just highlight the fact a little more.

Unfortunately, we all fit into this bracket purely by stereotype alone, and personally I'm ashamed to be a football fan, not because of tonight, just in general.

One day "we're" singing songs about the IRA outside our own ground, three days later "we're" fighting in the streets after an event like this.

I'm ashamed to be part of any group with this stereotype.

I've just got back and it was really scary. Just after half time you saw Whitbread scream and shout for the paramedics and you knew something happened. The taunts from the Forest fans only inflamed matters. Minority of each fans were disgraceful. Outside the ground it was kicking off, tried to get away as quick as possible, was really worrying. Hope Clive gets better, puts it all into perspective.

glad you got back ok

Regardless of this incident, football fans are a complete bunch of wankers. Incidents like this just highlight the fact a little more.

Unfortunately, we all fit into this bracket purely by stereotype alone, and personally I'm ashamed to be a football fan, not because of tonight, just in general.

One day "we're" singing songs about the IRA outside our own ground, three days later "we're" fighting in the streets after an event like this.

Sad, but true.

your not melts like many of us ,we goto football games chant at each other then go home its the twats that f u c k it for the rest as always

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669