Trust Feels Club Has Again Gone Too Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. Only once the Fosse Boys have doused themselves in petrol and set themselves alight will we realise what martyrs they actually were.

The fact that you say "not sure how many were aware" suggests that national criticism may be going a bit too far.
I had never heard of the Football Supporters Federation.

It may not be "major" national news but this still does show our club in bad light. Still bemused why the the Fosse Boys are given such a bad rep on here. Only seen them at one home game and didn't bother me. I support what they are trying to do. If regulations were changed I'd also support safe standing at our ground.

That surprises me, they get a decent amount of media attention and have been mentioned on this site a number of times.

I'm one of their 100,000+ members (membership is free - join here).

Perhaps I've just never paid attention. Will have a look in the morning and see what its all about

Not sure how many were aware of last weekend's latest episode which has drawn more national criticism of our clubs actions

http://foxestrust.co.uk/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=945&Itemid=2

OH FFS!!!

I'm usually quite willing to stick up for the FT, but this is just beyond belief!

2 Days after the appointment of one of the biggest names in World Football as the manager of Leicester City, after a takeover and whilst the club are away on a tour of Thailand - this is what the FT decide to post about!!

The Fosse Boys are irrelevant to almost everyone apart from the few people who can hear them chanting at our own fans, standing with their backs to the game and acting like the pissed up twats they so clearly are. Yet when they can't put a flag up - well that supposedly makes the national media according to the loons over at the FT.

:bang::bang::bang:

If regulations were changed I'd also support safe standing at our ground.

I think the vast majority of fans would support safe standing because it would benefit those who want to sit as well as those who want to stand.
But I oppose people who stand when they're not supposed to. They could get the club into trouble and often inconvenience people behind them who don't want to or can't stand for 90 minutes.

I stood at the Carlisle v Port Vale match tonight. I felt safe. Small standing areas like the ones that are at a lot of lower league clubs should never have been banned. If they're OK for league one they should be OK higher up.

Last edited:
It may not be "major" national news but this still does show our club in bad light. Still bemused why the the Fosse Boys are given such a bad rep on here. Only seen them at one home game and didn't bother me. I support what they are trying to do. If regulations were changed I'd also support safe standing at our ground.

I would also support safe standing at all grounds. What is done in Germany seems a good way of appeasing supporters and safety officers.

I also support what the FB are trying to do however I worrry that they are trying to do it on their own and are alienating other supporters. Posts on this forum suggest that they have sang songs that are against othe city supporters, ie "we'll sing on are own".

I have also heard from a fellow TB'er that sits at the Kop end that the FB often sing a different song to what other are signing, which is not conducive to what they are trying to achieve.

Last edited:
OH FFS!!!

I'm usually quite willing to stick up for the FT, but this is just beyond belief!

2 Days after the appointment of one of the biggest names in World Football as the manager of Leicester City, after a takeover and whilst the club are away on a tour of Thailand - this is what the FT decide to post about!!

The Fosse Boys are irrelevant to almost everyone apart from the few people who can hear them chanting at our own fans, standing with their backs to the game and acting like the pissed up twats they so clearly are. Yet when they can't put a flag up - well that supposedly makes the national media according to the loons over at the FT.

:bang::bang::bang:

They are a supporters trust right ??? Not a red top tabloid wank fest.

I don't know the Fosse Boys and can't vouch for them being intellegent human beings. I'd probably say back in the day there was a a fair few in SK Pens 2 and 3 who had had a few drinks but were enjoying themselves. Never bothered me and I was too young to drink. I enjoyed watching football with a bit of atmosphere.

I don't know the Fosse Boys and can't vouch for them being intellegent human beings. I'd probably say back in the day there was a a fair few in SK Pens 2 and 3 who had had a few drinks but were enjoying themselves. Never bothered me and I was too young to drink. I enjoyed watching football with a bit of atmosphere.

Don't be silly they are all wankers, Fox Fan says so.

Miserable bastard

At the Scunny game there were a group of fans standing halfway down block E all game. My auntie and cousin had gone to the game as a birthday present and were sat behind them, and couldn't see. When my grandad (who sits with us) asked the steward to ask them to sit down (they had missed 20 minutes of the game at this point) the steward said he didn't have the power to, but if there were any free seats he could move my auntie and cousin. Surely there needs to be some consistency about what the club are telling people, unless the fosse boys are lying again of course.

I'd take anything the club is supposed to have said to the Fosse Boys with a pinch of salt. A member of the group said they were given a ticking off for singing, this was later to be corrected and shown as a load of bollocks. If it is the case that they're not spouting shit this time then fair enough.

The Fosse Boys spent the entire Scunthorpe game standing and singing their shit, repetitive, homemade songs. Far from being good for atmosphere, a lot of their singing is actually an atmosphere killer. Even some of their own members often don't know the words to the songs so it's clear they don't intend outsiders to join in. If they genuinely think they're improving the atmosphere, they're idiots.

Bless their little blue and white scarves, they seem more intent on getting some attention and having a row with the club than actually supporting the team. I suspect they already think themselves as "legends" in the Harby sense of the word.

My guess is that the club have told them to sit down and nothing more, but obviously they can't do that because they "luv Lestah" and they're "proper supporters" unlike the rest of us.

And whatever that bollocks song was I heard against Cardiff... **** off! All together now... If I had the wings of an eagle...

And whatever that bollocks song was I heard against Cardiff... **** off! All together now... If I had the wings of an eagle...

The issue is Dessie no ****er sings that or any other song.

Maybe the club thought that the banner 'Scunthorpe Keep Standing' was encouragement from the mighty Fosse Boys to the Scunny fans to stand up throughout the game in an attempt to further their own cause to stand for the whole ninety minutes, regardless of the actual ground regulations - given recent events, that's not a surprising assumption to make

The actual Scunny campaign is called 'Keep Scunthorpe Standing' which, had they got the actual banner right, could not have been interpreted in this way

There has been no quote from City, just assertion about Barclay from the unnamed FB representative. Given the fact that they have already lied about the fact that the original club objection to them was about how much noise they made - it wasn't, it was about persistent standing - I would treat this whole story with some suspicion

Maybe the club thought that the banner 'Scunthorpe Keep Standing' was encouragement from the mighty Fosse Boys to the Scunny fans to stand up throughout the game in an attempt to further their own cause to stand for the whole ninety minutes, regardless of the actual ground regulations - given recent events, that's not a surprising assumption to make

The actual Scunny campaign is called 'Keep Scunthorpe Standing' which, had they got the actual banner right, could not have been interpreted in this way

There has been no quote from City, just assertion about Barclay from the unnamed FB representative. Given the fact that they have already lied about the fact that the original club objection to them was about how much noise they made - it wasn't, it was about persistent standing - I would treat this whole story with some suspicion

Nail, head. :038:

It might help the Fussy Boys if they started acting a bit more sensibly because they come across as a pack of belligerent, retarded primary school children.

A bit like the Foxes Trust.

Poor little darlings couldn't put their banner up. And their mums must have spent hours making it. Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669