Trust Wants All Fans Views!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PIETASTER said:
it's a combination of things IMO that you really can't do much about!!

to start with there is the rubbish football we have been forced to watch for the last few years, Adams policy of changing every player each summer which has ment that we have no connection with most of the players, and over the top pricing on individual match tickets which means that you have a half full stadium most games

its finally got to Homer

PIETASTER said:

to start with there is the rubbish football we have been forced to watch for the last few years, Adams policy of changing every player each summer which has ment that we have no connection with most of the players, and over the top pricing on individual match tickets which means that you have a half full stadium most games

Exactly - I used to be a regular season ticket(s) holder for years - but reached the point with Adam's football that I was looking forward to reading the programme at the interval!!!! & escaping for 15 minutes to the dungeon below for nil quality refreshments at 5* prices.

When I'm not in Spain in the winter - I may well want to attend home games - but only if the price is within reason - its not about being able to afford it -it's about being ripped off by a tawdry commercial policy.

ten ways to improve the atmosphere at the walkers ...
1/ sack the stewards who wont let anyone stand up .
2/ extend L1 block all the way down the east stand and onto the kop .
3/ make that section all terraced.
4/ smoking everywhere.
5/ admission prices to reflect the standard of football better.
6/ get clones of Frankie wortho and OOh tommy wright.
7/ knock down the excess blocks of ladies toilets to make room for more bars selling stella.
8/ more pitch invasions at half time.
9/ shoot the tosser with the hunting horn
10/ bring a mate to the next game

Two key things IMO that the Walkers stadium requires for a better atmosphere.
1 A side that plays half decent football and gives 100%.
2 The number of away fans in the ground.

There's very little in the way of good football that as been offered to the city fans in the last 4 years. The standard is well below what i and most people expect. This does not mean that we should expect to win most games, its just the fact that even if we're half way down the league then lets at least try and play the game with the ball on the ground. It seems to me that over the last 20yrs we have only had 3 managers that have tried to play a passing game. Pleat, MM, and to some extent MON. O.k it didn't do any good for the first two, but i can't help look on with envy at the likes of Portsmouth who play a fast stylish free flowing game.
The away fans is also very important to the atmosphere in the ground. A few years ago at Filbo when the old spion kop was there, the away fans would turn up in their thousands and this contributed to a fantastic atmosphere. In todays climate we get around 3000 max away support and depending on the nature of the game can create a reasonable noise, but nothing like what it used to be.

PIETASTER said:

I think thats a bit harsh. He changed the team around when we got in the premiership to try and keep us up- the team that won promotion had no chance
the second year, he had to change it because most of those players wouldn't of signed for us if we didn't have those stupid clauses, so we needed to sign players to replace them!

drummindefender said:
PIETASTER said:

I think thats a bit harsh. He changed the team around when we got in the premiership to try and keep us up- the team that won promotion had no chance
the second year, he had to change it because most of those players wouldn't of signed for us if we didn't have those stupid clauses, so we needed to sign players to replace them!

But that didn't apply to Howey, Hignett, Priet, Curtis, Coyne, Guppy etc. who all came and went in the blink of an eye

Or the release of Sinclair, Mckinlay, Davidson or Taggart

drummindefender said:
i never said he made the right signings-just that he had to make them

But he didn't have to sign them Adams had a budget and it was his choice on how it was spent he thought it was better for the club to buy a 38year footballer like Keown, who only came for Adams job and make him one of the clubs highest earners instead looking elsewhere, he only looked at reputations and not talent which was his fatal mistake

I would imagine that McCarthy, Hughes and Mayburry's wages combined are very similar to what Keown got per week

PIETASTER said:
drummindefender said:
i never said he made the right signings-just that he had to make them

But he didn't have to sign them Adams had a budget and it was his choice on how it was spent he thought it was better for the club to buy a 38year footballer like Keown, who only came for Adams job and make him one of the clubs highest earners instead looking elsewhere, he only looked at reputations and not talent which was his fatal mistake

I would imagine that McCarthy, Hughes and Mayburry's wages combined are very similar to what Keown got per week
What don't you understand about the phrase i never said he made the right signings? I said Adams had to sign players, not that he signed the right ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669