Try try and try again Durham City get their 1st points of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motown Fox

Try, try and try and try and try and try again Durham City get their 1st points of the season winning 2-1 at FC United of Manchester. They've still got minus 120 goal difference though:icon_bigg having played 29 lost 28 and let 138 goals in!!

Just found this good quality footage of the game on FCUM TV:038::038::038:
http://www.fcum.tv/2010/03/13/fc-united-v-durham-city-13032010-npl-hightlights-hd/

Watch Durham's first goal and their fan's reactions. :038:
United's misses are quite unbelievable and the end is a joy to watch as Durham realise they have won at last and celebrate like they've won the Cup.

Some comments on Durham City's website
If a picture paints a thousand words........

Below are some of the comments already received from well-wishers of other clubs and to whom we say a big thank you to.

"I am a Boston Utd fan and have just seen todays results. I would like to congratulate all associated with your club on your win and wish you all the very best". GN

"Just want to CONGRATULATE the team on there win today (13 March) lucky 13, good luck for the future". A from Stocksbridge Park Steels

"Congratulations from all at Bradford Park Avenue on your first points of the season. A brilliant result and I'm sure a great journey home for all of you. The biggest cheer of the season rang out in our Clubhouse when your result came in, bigger than for our own result on the day!!!!!
Best wishes to you all and hope you can build on that for the rest of the season". BH

"As a Geordie Boston United fan I was disappointed to learn of the club problems after promotion, and have been saddened by the disappointments the team have had on the pitch. I have to say, however that I am delighted to learn of this afternoon's victory. The young lads must be cock a hoop. Congratulations". JD

"Just wanted to say 'well done' and congratulations on your triumph over FC Manchester.
You have showed such courage and determination it was only a matter of time before you triumphed. Ever since you played at Boston we have followed you in anticipation of today - brilliant!" K & J (Boston)

"There was a great cheer in our Club House today when we heard you had beaten FCUM, the ground was buzzing, also when we were making the presentations our Director announced the score again and you got a combined cheer from the Worksop Fans too. We couldn't be more pleased and I think that is true of all the clubs in our league. In fact it overshadowed our win to hear your great news. Best wishes and sincere congratulations from us all at BPA". M.

"I am over the moon with the result today. I have been following you since the start of the season and am delighted for you all at getting our first points! well done lads!" BL

Last edited:
I've got a couple of friends who go to FCUM matches and they weren't so amused by the score :icon_wink

They showed Durham's brilliant first goal on Football Focus at lunchtime which you can see on the video I posted earlier in this thread

They've won again!!!! Now 2 games on the trot!!!!

Durham City 4 - 3 Whitby Town

An unbelievable game that saw City going 3-0 up within a space of approximately 7minutes

Kendal Town next away to see if they can win 3 on the trot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669