Tunchev signs deal (and goes Palace on loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see him picking up any injuries if today is anything to go by. Maybe a few splinters in the arse. Funny thing is it looks like they could have used a decent defender or two but they opted to play Paddy McCarthy instead :icon_lol:

i know but i guess they realise he may still be rusty a bit.

Then again unless they can extend the loan hes only gonna be available to feature in 4 or 5 games

He`s only just joined you can hardly expect him to walk into the team. With League Cup action coming up against Crawley I would imagine Tunch will get some meaningfull action then. League action thereafter will depend on how he gets on in that game and what happens in those League games with their current defenders. They should beat Crawley so there will be another Cup game later this month in which he would get some action.

Last edited:
He`s only just joined you can hardly expect him to walk into the team. With League Cup action coming up against Crawley I would imagine Tunch will get some meaningfull action then. League action thereafter will depend on how he gets on in that game and what happens in those League games with their current defenders. They should beat Crawley so there will be another Cup game later this month in which he would get some action.

Whilst it is very doubtful we'll make any meaningful progress in the cup do you think Barry Svennison will allow Tunch to be cup-tied?

Well we have a number of defenders so Sven will have enough to choose from. Rotherham game we will have another defence playing which will show we have enough options without Tunch. Sven will learn more by seeing Tunch getting some meaningful action than insisting he sits it out on the off chance he might be needed later in a Cup run.

Tunch is proving to be Palaces lucky omen

Tunchev completed his third 90 minutes in the space of a week as Palace made it three wins in a row to go fourth in the table.

Tunchev has been impressive since breaking into Dougie Freedman's side nine days ago and the Eagles have yet to drop a point with City's 30-year-old defender in the side.

Last edited:
Maybe we should have kept him!

I wonder how much Tunchev will feature when he returns. Can't see him being in for Bamba or Mills, at least not for a while. Ahead of St Ledger in the pecking order?

Wouldn't surprise me to see Tunch stay at Palace a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669