Tunchev

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice Womble usage Motown.

To change the subject somewhat dramatically, when I was a kid, for some reason I always put a comma into "The Wombles of Wimbledon, common are we" and had a terrible time trying to work out if they meant common, as in there's a lot of them (in which case, how come I never saw Wombles?) or common as in the sort of scumbags who'd live underground and collect litter.

So I think I answered my own question, really.

Anyway, back to the topless darts from Roehampton...

Ha yep, I always did the same too.

I thought they were saying they were common as in scum.

Does anyone actually have a time frame for this now? It was originally 3-9 weeks, but that was 5 weeks ago, did we find out what that "step back" mentioned in post #10 was.

Birch said on the moan in tonight that Tunchev is back in training.

good news. he along with fryatt and wellens are our top 3 players IMO. Would be a massive boost to have him fit again.

good news. he along with fryatt and wellens are our top 3 players IMO. Would be a massive boost to have him fit again.

Replace Wellens with Weale and I'd agree with you. :icon_wink

Replace Wellens with Weale and I'd agree with you. :icon_wink

I have grown to respect Weale but right from the start Wellens is the player I have most enjoyed watching this season - except for a short time in one home match (I forget which one) when Tunchev came on and reminded us how superb his technique is.
What a pity injury has blighted Tunchev's time at Leicester because getting him to a team then in League One was quite an extraordinary piece of recruitment. Well done Nigel and Steve Walsh Sr.

What a pity injury has blighted Tunchev's time at Leicester because getting him to a team then in League One was quite an extraordinary piece of recruitment. Well done Nigel and Steve Walsh Sr.

I totally agree, but now NP must resist the temptation to bring Tunch back too soon.

I'm sure we'd all like to see him back in the starting line up sooner rather than later, but he must be handled with care, especially as Brown & Hobbs have - generally - put in place a reasonably solid centre half partnership.

I have grown to respect Weale but right from the start Wellens is the player I have most enjoyed watching this season - except for a short time in one home match (I forget which one) when Tunchev came on and reminded us how superb his technique is.

Peterborough that was and yes, he was top notch. Speaks volumes about his gulf in class - Brown let McClean in behind several times and wrestled him to concede a penalty, Tunchev looked likme a man marking a small child

To be fair, when Tunch came back (too early) everyone said he looked crap. And our defence looked solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669