Tunchev

Should the Tunch be given a new contract?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do they never put an undecided option in the poll? I don't want to vote yes or no, there's not enough information for me as a supporter to give my opinion.

I think people who have voted yes have gone more with their heart than their head. I'd love to see him back to full fitness and remaining injury free but (and it's a very big but) my instincts say that a player who has had pretty much two years out of the game at his age has not done enough in my opinion to merit a new contract, even if it is just a 1 year extension. That said the fact that he has been making appearances in the reserves and the first team from the bench suggests that he possibly can be a part o next season's playing squad.

However, us fans have seen very little of him to ascertain whether or not he can consistently perform at this level. Sven and the coaching staff will be in a much better position to make a decision on this matter having seen him in training and reserve matches. I put my faith in them to make a more educated and hopefully correct call.

Why do they never put an undecided option in the poll? I don't want to vote yes or no, there's not enough information for me as a supporter to give my opinion.

Register your protest against the lack of an 'undecided' option by not voting in the poll.

That's what I would do, that'll teach 'em.

Wrong thread.

I found it interesting he played on the right, but he still seems comfortable with his left. He even used it to shoot at one stage.

Think he was always right footed. Just is very comfortable with both. His game doesn't go completely up in the air when he has to play left centre back instead of right unlike Mr Hobbs.

Judging by the few appearances towards the end of this season, I think Tunchev still has it.

He exudes something calm and that transcends over to his teammates, he's very composed, usually puts himself in the right position and hardly puts a foot wrong (well, he's got to be more careful this time around, anyway - can't risk getting injured this badly again).

I believe he really wants to prove it to himself and the people around him that he's still capable of playing professional football. It took him a while to get back into it, the long healing process is something very frustrating to any footballer.

Worth a one-year deal.

For what its worth, Stringer was saying on the moan in last monday he didn't think he was going to get a new deal.

So expect him to be signed up by the end of the week ;)

For what its worth, Stringer was saying on the moan in last monday he didn't think he was going to get a new deal.

Not surprised at all. Radio Leicester must have had loads of adverse reaction to him over the years.

I Don't think he would have been given a shot in the first team if Sven wasn't even considering keeping him, so i would like to see some sort of deal offered, or perhaps he'll go through pre-season to try and prove himself first.

I'd sign him back up on a twelve-year contract with double the salary and then loan him to Coventry.

Last minute change of plan he's going to Botev Vratsa instead, they've hijacked the deal and offered him more money.

Im afraid he won't be as good as he was before. Just like Owen Hargreaves will never hit the level he has done in the past. I like him as a player and as a person, and I want him to stay, But I worry that he might have another breakdown half-way through the season.

That's why people like me shouldn't run football clubs. I would give contracts to players based on emotional attachment.

I am pretty sure he's changed what favoured foot he plays with.

Yeah, I noticed this as well. Thought it was odd. Maybe he's just very two-footed.

Last edited:
Register your protest against the lack of an 'undecided' option by not voting in the poll.

That's what I would do, that'll teach 'em.

I didn't vote in the poll. I thought I'd ask the question as well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669