Twatter Blatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

What is this guys problem:102:

Is he racist against the English:102:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8125216.stm

Never mentions the fact that a team like Madrid are given huge back-handers from state funding. Not a problem that they spend nearly £150M on 2 players.

When England qualified for Germany 2006 he was straight on the bandwagon about English fans. Threats of expulsion in future tournaments if they caused trouble. Does this idiot never see what goes off in other countries like Holland, Italy and Germany.

The Spanish supporters and others from the Baltic states have been openly racist to Englands black players. Thats not deemed to be a problem though, as the lack of severity in the punishment reflects.
Now had that been the other way around.............

This guy is a prize tosser and should be booted out of any authority.
Quite clearly he has an anti English agenda imo

Last edited:
What is this guys problem:102:

Is he racist against the English:102:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8125216.stm

Never mentions the fact that a team like Madrid are given huge back-handers from state funding. Not a problem that they spend nearly £150M on 2 players.

Do you yourself have no concerns about "the huge amount of money being pumped into English clubs by rich foreign owners"? Do you think it is good for the game in England, in Europe, or in the world?

His point here seems to be that the Premier League is disproportionately wealthy compared to other leagues. Real Madrid's money (mostly) comes from being one of the biggest, best-supported and best-marketed clubs in the world, while Manchester City's money comes from being bought by a man who lives on the other side of the world for something to play with.

When England qualified for Germany 2006 he was straight on the bandwagon about English fans. Threats of expulsion in future tournaments if they caused trouble. Does this idiot never see what goes off in other countries like Holland, Italy and Germany.

You're arguing that German and Italian and Dutch fans cause the sort of trouble created by England 'fans' at previous tournaments? Few other countries' supporters have the disgraceful track record that England fans had at the time. Who were the chief trouble makers at Euro 96, France 98 and Euro 2000?

The Spanish supporters and others from the Baltic states have been openly racist to Englands black players. Thats not deemed to be a problem though, as the lack of severity in the punishment reflects.

The almost nonexistent punishments given out to countries like Spain etc for their scumbag fans making monkey noises are a complete joke, but it's hard to say whether it'd be any different if England fans did it - it's never come up.

Do you yourself have no concerns about "the huge amount of money being pumped into English clubs by rich foreign owners"? Do you think it is good for the game in England, in Europe, or in the world?

Why should how the English clubs attract rich foreign owners be any of his business ?
Even without rich foreign owners its never been a level playing field. All through my generation players have been attracted to countries that can offer them the most. Why should that now be a problem just because the English have come to the fore?
Is it any worse than a club thats being supported by the 'state' of its country?
Since when in business as anyone not been able to invest abroard ?

Why should how the English clubs attract rich foreign owners be any of his business ?
Even without rich foreign owners its never been a level playing field. All through my generation players have been attracted to countries that can offer them the most. Why should that now be a problem just because the English have come to the fore?
Is it any worse than a club thats being supported by the 'state' of its country?
Since when in business as anyone not been able to invest abroard ?

You didn't answer either of my questions.

His point here seems to be that the Premier League is disproportionately wealthy compared to other leagues. Real Madrid's money (mostly) comes from being one of the biggest, best-supported and best-marketed clubs in the world, while Manchester City's money comes from being bought by a man who lives on the other side of the world for something to play with.

Never mind Madrid being the best supported blah blah, it is state funded. Apparently a recent story is that they were in debt by a substantial amount. Madrid wanted a training complex, of which the state allowed them to buy for the equivalent of £1. The state then re-purchased the land for millions of pounds.
Done and said all, getting the better of the Catalans is everything to Madrid. Its not hard to see where the funding comes from.

You're arguing that German and Italian and Dutch fans cause the sort of trouble created by England 'fans' at previous tournaments? Few other countries' supporters have the disgraceful track record that England fans had at the time. Who were the chief trouble makers at Euro 96, France 98 and Euro 2000?

Your having a giraffe surely ? It does not have to be a major tournament to count as hooliganism. What about the dreadful behaviour of the Italians in Rome when qualifying for France 98.
In Germany 2006 there were problems when the Polish clashed with the Germans, but it never makes the same story as when the England are involved.
I wont defend the English, they have had a terrible record in the past, but you have got your head in the sand if you think its an English problem.

The almost nonexistent punishments given out to countries like Spain etc for their scumbag fans making monkey noises are a complete joke, but it's hard to say whether it'd be any different if England fans did it - it's never come up.

They are two very complex questions, of which i could give many positive and negative answers to both.
In general the domestic scene started to lose its identity with the conception of the prem lge. Before then many teams with good management could challenge for the title.
The Sky input started putting big bucks into these clubs well before the big foreign investors came along.

It does not have to be a major tournament to count as hooliganism.

Nobody's arguing that. The point is Blatter rightly showed concern because people who were attaching themselves to the England team at the time were known to cause trouble at major tournaments.

In Germany 2006 there were problems when the Polish clashed with the Germans, but it never makes the same story as when the England are involved.

That was extensively reported. That said, it couldn't have affected Blatter's judgment on the matter several months prior to the tournament, unless he has a very reliable crystal ball.

I wont defend the English, they have had a terrible record in the past, but you have got your head in the sand if you think its an English problem.

How am I the one with my head in the sand? When Blatter expressed those concerns he was dead right. People following England at the time (not all English it should be noted) were, as I said before, known to cause trouble at major tournaments.

In general the domestic scene started to lose its identity with the conception of the prem lge. Before then many teams with good management could challenge for the title.
The Sky input started putting big bucks into these clubs well before the big foreign investors came along.

Quite right. The rich clubs have become richer, the poorer ones teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. You seem to be eating your own tail on this one though - do you agree with Blatter??

Nobody's arguing that. The point is Blatter rightly showed concern because people who were attaching themselves to the England team at the time were known to cause trouble at major tournaments.

Why does Blatter show virtually no concern about other countries who cause problems. Always the English.

That was extensively reported. That said, it couldn't have affected Blatter's judgment on the matter several months prior to the tournament, unless he has a very reliable crystal ball.

How am I the one with my head in the sand? When Blatter expressed those concerns he was dead right. People following England at the time (not all English it should be noted) were, as I said before, known to cause trouble at major tournaments.

Once again we are the only country that of course as an hooligan problem. It never happens elsewhere. Always the English

Quite right. The rich clubs have become richer, the poorer ones teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. You seem to be eating your own tail on this one though - do you agree with Blatter??

Of course not. The point is that the clubs in this country were getting richer before the foreign investors. Your either in love with Blatter, or Jockenese.

Why does Blatter show virtually no concern about other countries who cause problems. Always the English.

When has he done that? Seems fairly even-handed to me. Incidentally, I don't remember any other countries having 900 people arrested at one tournament.

Once again we are the only country that of course as an hooligan problem. It never happens elsewhere. Always the English

Nobody's ever said that. Not once.

Of course not. The point is that the clubs in this country were getting richer before the foreign investors. Your either in love with Blatter, or Jockenese.

But that's the problem he's alluding to. The foreign investors are only here because of the Sky money.

As for Blatter, I can't stand him. He appears to be first class twat.

And I'm definitely not a haggis muncher.

Blatter makes excellent points a lot of the time. But then when he openly sanctions Real Madrids policy of spending 150million on 2 players, you do have to question whether his points are due to biases against the English or whether he truely does care about the state the game is in.

Blatter makes excellent points a lot of the time. But then when he openly sanctions Real Madrids policy of spending 150million on 2 players, you do have to question whether his points are due to biases against the English or whether he truely does care about the state the game is in.

Wonder if he still thinks of Cristiano Ronaldo as a slave :icon_roll

fanny blatter

Excellent.

Didn't he blame the English nation in general for the fall though?

No i think he said it was the amount of money being spent in the English game that had meant there wasn't enough money to complete the stage hence the hole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669