Twenty20 Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicsfoxes1

This is the team I would go for:

Jefferson, Cobb, Du Toit, Taylor, McDonald, Razzaq, Nixon, White, Naik, Henderson, Hoggard.

It's a good balanced side with a seam attack of Hoggie, Razzaq, McDonald and White and three spinners in Hendo, Naik and Cobb.

Plenty of big hitters too, something we have been lacking in recent years. Jefferson, Cobb, Du Toit, McDonald and Razzaq are all capable of hard hitting and add the guile of Nico and Taylor and on it's day this side could be exciting.

Probably agreed.

I think its a little harsh on Malik, who has looked good recently.

Boyce can have few complaints missing out.

Assuming Nixon is happy to keep, I think thats the side I would go for though.

If it were not for White's recent good form than I would have selected Malik.

Harry Gurney was selected in most of the matches last year, surely they are not going to go down that road again?

This is the team I would go for:

Jefferson, Cobb, Du Toit, Taylor, McDonald, Razzaq, Nixon, White, Naik, Henderson, Hoggard.

It's a good balanced side with a seam attack of Hoggie, Razzaq, McDonald and White and three spinners in Hendo, Naik and Cobb.

Plenty of big hitters too, something we have been lacking in recent years. Jefferson, Cobb, Du Toit, McDonald and Razzaq are all capable of hard hitting and add the guile of Nico and Taylor and on it's day this side could be exciting.

http://www.leicestershireccc.co.uk/index.php/lc/News/2011/Razzaq-in-squad-to-face-Steelbacks

Prob spot on with that selection from the 14 players named for the first match with Malik, Gurney and Boyce to miss out

Last edited:
Dagnall has tweeted that it's been confirmed Razzaq won't be here in time for tomorrow's match.

Agree with the ideal selection above, would just add that Boyce has made some quick runs in the 40 over stuff this year - but yes he wouldn't be in my first XI for T20

Last edited:
Blow not to have Razzaq in for game 1. He offers so much.

Also agree with the basic outline of the team mentioned above but have to say Malik is unfortunate due to his performances both this season and especially in last seasons T20... He was influential in us beating Northants at their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669